PDA

View Full Version : Freehold Friday Live

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Thought I would practice up on another half mile track this afternoon in preparation for the Little Brown Jug week (Tue-Wed-Thur) coming up.

Race 4
Dysnomia Blue Chip (# 1) 3/1
Going with the inside speed. It's this one's race to win or lose.
Wagers
Ex
1/3,4
Tri
1/3,4/all
1/all/3,4

10 cent super
1/3,4/3,4/all
1/3,4/all/3,4

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Race 5
Captain Primeau (# 3) 5/1
Even though the Captain broke last out, I am drawn to his closing speed. Do believe the drop in class and this inside post should set him up for a huge run in the lane. Although the lines do not show any early speed, I feel any horse can leave when asked. I would love to see Jimmy Takter Jr put this one on the engine.
Wagers
Ex
3/1,2,8
1,2/3

Tri
3/1,2/all

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Race 6
Albanian Era (# 5) 5/1
I taking a shot in the dark not knowing if this girl can take the turns on the half mile oval. Speed wins races and this one has speed to win. If she can negotiate the turns, she has the ability to wire this field.
Wagers
Across the Board (# 5).

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Race 7
Region Hall (# 8) 10/1
Really not strong on this selection even with the bad post this one has enough speed to close from the clouds and be in the mix for the win. Do believe the odds will be higher than the morning line. I am taking a shot on this one.

Ex
8/all
all/8

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Thought I would practice up on another half mile track this afternoon in preparation for the Little Brown Jug week (Tue-Wed-Thur) coming up.

Race 4
Dysnomia Blue Chip (# 1) 3/1
Going with the inside speed. It's this one's race to win or lose.
Wagers
Ex
1/3,4
Tri
1/3,4/all
1/all/3,4

10 cent super
1/3,4/3,4/all
1/3,4/all/3,4
Bet down at 1/9 and led from start to finish. Was challenged by the (# 3) who made a move going around a parked (# 7) past the half and pushed the leader in the third quarter and tired herself in the process but was way clear of the third place horse. The (# 4) was racing wide behind the (# 3) passed the half permitting the (# 5) to slip inside and it was the difference between finishing 3rd or 4th.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Race 8
Dawg's Buddy (# 4) 6/1
Last out saw this one in the class and overcome after being interfered to finish a stong second place.
Superstar Dream (# 2) appears to be the best of the rest.
Wagers
Ex
4/1,2
2/1,4

Tri
4/2/all
4/all/2

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Race 9 NJ Stake Round 3 (2yrct)
Chocolate Day (# 1) 2/1
THis guy seems to be the fastest of all of these and given the rail should be the one to beat. I really like Holiday Spirit (# 4) 3/1 to use as the under part key in the exotic wagers.
EX
1/3,4,5

Tri
1/4/all
1/all/4

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Race 5
Even though the Captain broke last out, I am drawn to his closing speed. Do believe the drop in class and this inside post should set him up for a huge run in the lane. Although the lines do not show any early speed, I feel any horse can leave when asked. I would love to see Jimmy Takter Jr put this one on the engine.
Wagers
Ex
3/1,2,8
1,2/3

Tri
3/1,2/all
Jr wanted no part of the early race and sat fifth, was first up past the quarter. The Captain cleared before the three quarters and opened up at will. Crushed these.
I missed the exotics and should of went 3/all to catch this one.

HWIG
09-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Race 5
Wagers
Ex
3/1,2,8
1,2/3

Tri
3/1,2/all

Great picks on the front end. Perfect class drop figure. Proves a horse does not have to leave to win. :ThmbUp:

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Race 10
Bright Tune (# 2) 7/2
This one seems to be rounding into top form and by the looks of this race, things should set up nicely. I see I Luv It (# 3) and this one vying for the lead. Jimmy Pants should take the pocket trip and be very strong in the lane. Also like the (# 8) Quiet Cammile and driver Justin Vincent. With a better post this one would be second best.

Wager
Ex
2/1,3,8
1,3,8/2

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Race 6
Albanian Era (# 5) 5/1
I taking a shot in the dark not knowing if this girl can take the turns on the half mile oval. Speed wins races and this one has speed to win. If she can negotiate the turns, she has the ability to wire this field.
Wagers
Across the Board (# 5).
Scratched were the (# 2) and (# 6). Era got away in fourth and came out first up near the half. Had nothing and tucked back into fourth before the 3/4 pole. The third place horse went first up and this one closed up willing. Seemed to have more trot when racing along the pylons. Came out in the lane to gain third place at 9/1.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Race 11
Embrace Peace (# 6) 6/1
I really love this one just based solely on the major drop in class. This one should be able to circle the field. The public will be firing on the (# 1) and (# 2) who I believe are not as fast as this girl. She is only three years old and has a large upside potential. Think she will swell up as she passes those in front of her.
Wagers
Ex
6/all
all/6

mrroyboy
09-13-2013, 02:44 PM
I bet Dysoma too. Good pick, terrible price.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Race 7
Region Hall (# 8) 10/1
Really not strong on this selection even with the bad post this one has enough speed to close from the clouds and be in the mix for the win. Do believe the odds will be higher than the morning line. I am taking a shot on this one.

Ex
8/all
all/8
Training mile as this one sat last throughout and had no design of moving forward. Even with all the action in this race, this one could not make the field be last but the fourth horse along the pylons making four in and four out. Horse was never asked for anything in this race. I noticed on the winners circle picture that the winner is owned by Charles (Buddy) Stillings. He is the brother of Hall of Fame Richard Stillings and used to train for Roy Davis (of Barberry Spur fame). Buddy is also the dad of Tyler Stillings.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Race 12
Our Girls Chance N (# 1) 7/2
The most recent race here after shipping from The Hilltop (YR) was a mostg impressive race as this one was handicapped with the 8th post and was able to close willingly to gain the show spot. Given major post relief, this one should be in the thick of things throughout the race.
Wagers
Ex
1/3,5,6

Tri
1/3,5,6/all

10 cent super
1/3,5,6/all/all
1/all/3,5,6/all (super total 18 bucks)

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Great picks on the front end. Perfect class drop figure. Proves a horse does not have to leave to win. :ThmbUp:
U are right. Speed wins races no matter where it originates. Wiring a field or circling a field, the horse needs speed to win.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 03:09 PM
I bet Dysoma too. Good pick, terrible price.
All we can is try to find the winner and then try to find the correct pool to place our money. It's tough to make a profit in this zero sum game. I just wish the Racinos (tracks that have slots and/or table games) would reduce their takeout to equal that of the slots. In PA the slot machines must pay out 85 cents on a dollar and most of them are near or more than 90 cents. The commonwealth of PA limits the rate in harness racing to be 35 percent or the track must pay back at least 65 cents on the dollar.

I complained for years to my state rep and senator (both on the Agriculture committees) to do something but they refuse the address the issue and they appear at the track functions to judge beauty contests, charity races, etc as they are collecting campaign monies. Someday politicians will serve the public as they are supposed to be public servants but now they are slaves to their contributors, and sadly, the Racinos in Pa are the second highest contributors to their election funds, the highest being the Marcellus gas exploration companies.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Race 8
Dawg's Buddy (# 4) 6/1
Last out saw this one in the class and overcome after being interfered to finish a stong second place.
Superstar Dream (# 2) appears to be the best of the rest.
Wagers
Ex
4/1,2
2/1,4

Tri
4/2/all
4/all/2
No hurry at the start of the race. Went second over near the half, went three wide near the three qtr, and engaged the leader (# 6) who was going for fourth straight win. Well, Dawg won the battle but in the process lost the war as Dawg finished third.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Race 9 NJ Stake Round 3 (2yrct)
Chocolate Day (# 1) 2/1
THis guy seems to be the fastest of all of these and given the rail should be the one to beat. I really like Holiday Spirit (# 4) 3/1 to use as the under part key in the exotic wagers.
EX
1/3,4,5

Tri
1/4/all
1/all/4
The best plans of mice and men. Choc Day tried to wire them but the (# 5) got by in the last turn. Oh well, next race might be better.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Race 10
Bright Tune (# 2) 7/2
This one seems to be rounding into top form and by the looks of this race, things should set up nicely. I see I Luv It (# 3) and this one vying for the lead. Jimmy Pants should take the pocket trip and be very strong in the lane. Also like the (# 8) Quiet Cammile and driver Justin Vincent. With a better post this one would be second best.

Wager
Ex
2/1,3,8
1,3,8/2
Did not leave but came first up from 5th past the quarter hitting the second turn and being hung before the half and cleared when hitting the backstretch for the second time, once on top led and survived a furious rush by the (# 3) from 6th place splitting rivals in the lane and the (# 4) who came up the passing lane.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Race 11
Embrace Peace (# 6) 6/1
I really love this one just based solely on the major drop in class. This one should be able to circle the field. The public will be firing on the (# 1) and (# 2) who I believe are not as fast as this girl. She is only three years old and has a large upside potential. Think she will swell up as she passes those in front of her.
Wagers
Ex
6/all
all/6
Got away fifth and with little action in the race, had to go first up heading to the half mile pole where she started a long methodical march forward. She was able to tuck in the two hole hitting the three quarter pole but was no match for the odds on favorite. Being second best was enough to cash a ticket but with the odds on chalk on top, the price was a lot lower than I expected. Would have been nice if the chalk broke early on.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Race 12
Our Girls Chance N (# 1) 7/2
The most recent race here after shipping from The Hilltop (YR) was a mostg impressive race as this one was handicapped with the 8th post and was able to close willingly to gain the show spot. Given major post relief, this one should be in the thick of things throughout the race.
Wagers
Ex
1/3,5,6

Tri
1/3,5,6/all

10 cent super
1/3,5,6/all/all
1/all/3,5,6/all (super total 18 bucks)
Got away second and made a qtr pole move for the lead with the previous leader (# 3) taking the pocket. The (# 5) goes first up before the half..the ($ 6) being second over. The leader held sway to the wire while the pocket rocket faded to third and the (# 5) tiring to be off the ticket and the (# 6) in a photo for 4th. The (# 6) won the photo for 4th.

I am planning on being back for the Meadows tonight with their PA Sire Stake Finals...