PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct... main track......

Skanoochies
03-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Hi folks, I see Aqueduct main track starts tomorrow. Can anyone give me a few clues about horses running well on the inner track then moving to the main, or vice versa? Living in western Can. I don`t know too much about east coast tracks, but would like to take a crack at simulcast wagering for a few tracks.

Thanks in advance,

Skanoochies.:)

Figman
03-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Watch for a new jockey named Fernando Jara. 16 yrs. old and has the seat and polish of a jockey that has had great experience. A graduate of the famed Panamanian Jockey School.

Skanoochies
03-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanks Figman, and you do the same for a "Bug" racing at S.A. named Mick Ruis. This guy seems something special believe me. He whipped over to Turf. Paradise monday when S.A. was dark and just won five races.

Good luck,

Skanoochies.:)

Figman
03-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Well Fernando Jara did start out well the 1st day on the AQU main track with 2 winners and 2 thirds. One of the winners (8th race) paid $57.50!

OTM Al
03-12-2004, 04:03 PM
That's kind of a tough one because the two tracks tend to be very different. The inner alsmost always favors speed, so usually I would look for who was likely to get out front first. If unchallenged, it was likely to wire to wire the race. The regular track isn't quite so consistant and often gives closers a good chance, so you really have to pay attention to the conditions of the day. Also remember that the 1 mile races there (and Belmont as well) are only 1 turn, so the standard 1 Turn types stand a much better chance when stretching out to this distance than at most tracks. That tip about Jara is a good one. Fragoso is also coming off a spectacular meet and should continue for a couple more weeks until the big boys come back from Florida. Also a big fan of Richard Migliore. When he's riding for McLaughlin, pay attention.

Skanoochies
03-13-2004, 12:06 AM
Thanks Al, every little bit of info helps. Hope you have a prosperous weekend everybody.

Skanoochies,:)

OTM Al
03-15-2004, 09:03 AM
Thanks. I did have a good one actually. One of my wins reminded me of something else about Aqueduct. Though its true most places, I've noticed there is a tendency to underbet shippers from lower level tracks if they don't look significanty better than local favorites. In general this would be from Del, Pha., FL, and Lrl. They seem to give more respect to Mth and Med. Got 11-1 on Gators and Bears Saturday when he was clearly one of the top 2 in the race.

Figman
03-18-2004, 08:29 PM
The press has finally noticed Fernando Jara.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/54141.html