PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Picks: Wednesday, September 11

Teach
09-10-2013, 08:31 PM
I don’t usually play the Pick-6; but when I do, I prefer NYRA tracks and the possibility of a telephone-numbers payoff. Good wagering my friends!

Race One:

:3: Cue The Moon has been “rubbing shoulders” with some of the best equine distaffers in the land. The Malibu Moon-bred filly has made appearances at some of this country’s top thoroughbred “cotillions”: The Grade I Coaching Club American Oaks; The Grade I Acorn; The Grade II Gulfstream Parks Oaks; and The Grade III Tempted. The filly hasn’t had much to show for all this hoopla (yet, she did finish a narrow second in The Tempted); however, in current company: “What’s not to like?”

Also: :1: Wedding Toast; :2: Galloping Giraffe

Race Two:

:6: Greek God has had two tries over the lawn: first in a state-bred stakes sprint at Colonial; later, in a maiden-claiming route at Saratoga. In the latter, this Pleasant Colony-bred colt narrowly missed winning. The colt is worth a shot in this grass route. Frankly, I’m not sure all his competitors can get the distance. Alex Solis is in the irons for trainer Mike Trombetta. Trombetta, by the way, is very good when switching from maiden-claiming to maiden-specials.

Also: :5: Smooth Daddy; :4: Johnny Football; :7: Shadow Banking

Race Three:

:3: El Dreamer is my upset try. The Eltish-bred horse gets the red-hot apprentice, Manny Franco, back in the irons. The horse finished second and third in his two tries at the distance against better at “The Spa”. He finished seventh at seven panels in his most recent start. Capable handling could put this horse in the winner’s circle.

Also: :5: Dapper Draper;:7: Streets of Fire; :8: Market Blaster

Race Four:

:2: Easy Living gets my nod in a maiden-special turf sprint at seven furlongs. Easy Living is an expensive 2-year-old filly out of the Cheyenne Stables barn. Trainer Christophe Clement is good with first-time turfsters. The filly has had a mediocre set of works leading up to her initial start; yet, back on July 29 at the Belmont training track the filly drilled four furlongs in :48, handily. This tells me this filly has the ability to either contend for the lead or possibly set the fractions. Her turf lineage is good. So too is her pilot: Joe Bravo.

Also: :9: Marbry’s Fortune; :1: Star Grazing; :13: Lucky Nancy E.

Race Five:

:9: Real Estate cuts back a panel and a drops down the claiming ladder. The lightly-raced 9-year-old horse has five wins in fifteen tries. Not too shabby. Actually, the horse is coming back this year after a nearly 5-year hiatus. A note of caution: since returning from his lengthy sabbatical, the horse has won only once in eight tries. Yet, against this company… Will somebody say: “Back-class”. Alex Solis is in the irons for “The Chief,” H. Allen Jerkens.

Also: :3: He’s So Chic;:4: Buckeye Heart;:6: Chasing Moonlight

Race Six:

:9: Delany Road drew inside in her only lifetime start at Saratoga in mid August. In that one, the filly broke well and was sitting third behind a pair of front-runners. She appeared to be rallying wide on the far turn when she was bothered by a horse (Mahna) closing in the stretch just to her outside. The filly appeared to take up slightly; yet she re-rallied to finish third. A cleaner trip would put this filly in the thick of things. She had a sharp recent work. Joe Bravo for Christophe Clement.

Also: :2: Baragh; :7: My Place; :10: Berkette

Race Seven:

:1: I’m Smokin Hot should benefit from the added half-panel. Look for this Johannesburg-bred filly to be closing fastest of all as the horses reach the top of the stretch. She’ll have to unleash a strong closing kick to get all the enchiladas. Cornelio Velasquez for Tony Dutrow.

Also::2: So Royal; :6: Fly Solo;:9: Love That Kelly

Race Eight:

:2: Border Song did not run his race in his last at Belmont in late May. He was bothered right after the start and appeared to be reined back. He finished a disappointing last in a troubled trip. Well, he has a chance to make amends for his beaten-fave disappointment. Christophe Clement is good with beaten favorites. The horse’s connections now switches to the most capable Joe Bravo.

Also::7: Film Shot;:4: Hothersal;:3: Razorbill

Race Nine:

:2: Papa Freud has won only once in fourteen lifetime tries. Yet, it must be said that this 6-year-old has faced stiffer competition in his lightly-raced career. The razor-sharp apprentice, Manny Franco (he’s ridden the horse four times and has hit the tote on all four occasions), is in the irons for trainer John Toscano, Jr.

Also: :3: Get in Line; :5: Logan Street; :10: Ale

Phantombridgejumpe
09-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Long meet for the Spa this year

Teach
09-10-2013, 08:37 PM
This is what happens to you when you celebrate your 71st birthday this Friday and have pored over the DRF for so many years. Thanks for the correction.

Teach

Phantombridgejumpe
09-10-2013, 08:37 PM
!!