PDA

View Full Version : Obama and Putin

Ocala Mike
09-10-2013, 11:19 AM
I was channeling that meeting that took place a year or two ago between Obama and Putin where Barry whispered to him to wait until after he got re-elected at which time he would be in better position to deal.

I'm thinking these two guys are BFF's, because it looks like Putin is going to save Obama's ass with this deal that looks like it's going down now with Syria's chemical weapons stash.

No telling what Obama owes him now, so be on the lookout for some major concessions to the Russkies soon.

Tom
09-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Obama has to give Putin his Nobel Peace Prize.

johnhannibalsmith
09-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Pretty sure that was Medvedev, not Putin... no?

But, yeah.

Clocker
09-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Pretty sure that was Medvedev, not Putin... no?

Correct. Putin's hand puppet, with zero authority.

badcompany
09-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Putin would hurt Obama.

Look at this Seonage. Outstanding technique.

http://cdn2.judoinfo.com/images/putin.jpg

Where's Obama's Judo Book?

http://neveryetmelted.com/wp-images/Putin.jpg

Ocala Mike
09-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks for correcting me on that; I guess Putin was off somewhere getting his buffed body photographed on horseback that day.

OntheRail
09-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Thanks for correcting me on that; I guess Putin was off somewhere getting his buffed body photographed on horseback that day.

No He was hanging out with this guy....

http://www.jewishjournal.com/images/articles/dos-equis-guy.JPG

They were having a good laugh about Obuma... :lol:

elysiantraveller
09-10-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm thinking these two guys are BFF's, because it looks like Putin is going to save Obama's ass with this deal that looks like it's going down now with Syria's chemical weapons stash.

No telling what Obama owes him now, so be on the lookout for some major concessions to the Russkies soon.

It's just another example of Obama losing in Realpolitik...

I personally have no problem with the deal as long as SAS, SEALS, and Spetsnaz are standing side by side...

dkithore
09-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Obama has to give Putin his Nobel Peace Prize.

That is funny, Tom. Perhaps Putin is any better choice at receiving the prize: A KGB agent. :lol:

Clocker
09-10-2013, 01:47 PM

Putin served 2 terms as the president of Russia, 2000-2008. He couldn't serve a 3rd consecutive term under the Russian constitution, so Dmitry Medvedev ran as Putin's stand-in and won. Putin then became Prime Minister, but was generally assumed to be the power behind Medvedev. Putin ran again for president in 2012 and was reelected.

Ocala Mike
09-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Got it, Clocker; thanks. So who's going to be Barry's puppet in 2016, Biden?
All of a sudden, Hillary looks good. If only the R's could get behind a candidate that could actually win!

mostpost
09-10-2013, 03:26 PM
I was listening to Ed Schultze' radio program this morning. He was of the opinion that Obama's strong stand on the matter persuaded Putin to act. I am skeptical of that. I don't think it is that easy to intimidate Putin.

A more likely scenario is that Obama and Putin spoke-either at the G-20 summit or by secure phone. Putin realized that Syria's continued possession of chemical weapons was very destabilizing to the area. At the same time Russia could not be seen as not supporting its ally.

Perhaps it was then decided that Putin would try to persuade Assad to turn his chemical weapons over to an international body, while Obama continued to call for retaliation in order to keep pressure on Assad.

I don't know if that scenario has any connection with what really happened, but it seems more likely than Putin running scared.

jdhanover
09-10-2013, 03:43 PM
I think something along the lines of what you said MostPost is right. Very, very complicated situation (tons of stuff we dont and will never know). Even Putin realizes that if Syria destabilizes the Middle East the consequences will hurt Russia a lot more than help.

Neither leader has been particularly good in my book on this whole situation.

johnhannibalsmith
09-10-2013, 03:49 PM
http://www.showbiz411.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/atwt2000.jpg

badcompany
09-10-2013, 03:51 PM
I think something along the lines of what you said MostPost is right. Very, very complicated situation (tons of stuff we dont and will never know). Even Putin realizes that if Syria destabilizes the Middle East the consequences will hurt Russia a lot more than help.

Neither leader has been particularly good in my book on this whole situation.

On the other hand, an oil country like Russia benefits from a little uncertainty in the Middle East that drives up prices.

Clocker
09-10-2013, 04:56 PM
So who's going to be Barry's puppet in 2016, Biden?

Obama is increasingly toxic, even on the left. He hasn't delivered on any of his campaign promises to the Democratic base except ObamaCare, and now that is turning into a train wreck.

Obama will retire to a life of leisure, high paying speaking engagements, and a couple of more best-seller autobiographies full of excuses for a failed presidency. He will be gone from Washington, like his kindred spirit, Jimmy Carter. Biden is too deeply buried in Obama's mess to dig himself out.

johnhannibalsmith
09-10-2013, 07:08 PM
I stepped out of the shower in time to catch the old Bret Baier roundtable with Juan Williams, Dr. the Krauthammer, Humidor, and the rest of the gang. Maybe the best discussion of this wacky soap opera to date. Even good old Juan was befuddled. Dr. the Krauthammer was great in his utter dismissal of the notion of Russia as peace-maker - with his ever deadpan articulation of our progress from supporting Syrian rebels to oust Assad to now working with Russia to guarantee that their puppet remains intact and to the satisfaction of Russia, the rebels are defeated. From "out on a limb, to stuck in a cul-de-sac" is how he described the Obama policy. :D

Generally not a huge fan of most of those guys and their perspectives, but they were genuinely entertaining tonight.

rastajenk
09-10-2013, 08:25 PM
They got an especially rich vein of material. Too bad or too sad it's not that funny.

ArlJim78
09-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Reagan 1987 - Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall

Obama 2013 - Whatever you think is best Mr. Putin

Tom
09-10-2013, 09:30 PM
What an idiot Kerry is - 12 hours after he says (about turning over the WMD) "That will never happen!" It happens.

That is the motto of John Kerry's life - **it happens.

johnhannibalsmith
09-10-2013, 09:32 PM
What an idiot Kerry is - 12 hours after he says (about turning over the WMD) "That will never happen!" It happens.

That is the motto of John Kerry's life - **it happens.

And after he says that it would never happen, we learn that Obama had been working on that very plan for weeks and months and years. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
09-10-2013, 09:41 PM
The man is a pathological liar.
The other a pathological fool.

Putin is the only one who looks intelligent here, and, remember, HE used poison gas on his own people - in that theater attack.

Pretty bad when the POTUS looks like an idiot next to a murderous dictator.

GaryG
09-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Pretty bad when the POTUS looks like an idiot next to a murderous dictator.These two murderous dictators are playing Barry like a violin. Now Assad has added a shopping list of conditions that must be met prior to turning over his chemical weapons. This list includes turning over Israel's nukes, without which they would be compost. This has become a real cluster pluck....is anyone surprised?

Tom
09-13-2013, 02:48 PM
The smell of blood in the water is spreading around the world.
Assad knows he has nothing to fear anymore.
Iran is watching.
So is Al Qeda.
And who knows who else.

Stay out of tall buildings.

proximity
09-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Reagan 1987 - Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall

Obama 2013 - Whatever you think is best Mr. Putin

politics isn't my bailiwick, but it seems mr Obama played bad cards in bad position and an alpha male just came right over top of him.

riskman
09-13-2013, 04:36 PM
President Barack Obama "had the legal authority" to strike Syria without a vote from Congress. He decided to outsource.this decision to Congress. Then Kerry in a slip of the tongue said if Assad gives up his CW we can hold off on the strike and Putin grabs this and runs with it to the Syrian murderer. Now Assad is putting conditions before he gives up the CW.
I do not think this will end well for all parties and were stuck until all these dip shits go back and forth with all their posturing while our original intentions are now buried in the sand.
It is obvious Obama is unconformable being CIC. If so, let him resign, as well as Kerry and Hagel and let old Joe take over and name a new Secy of State and Defense. We could do worse and maybe we might get some people who punish murderers who gas innocent civilians. At the very least, the World Court should indict Assad and his murderous enablers.
Putin as a murderer himself has no business being Assads proxy in these deliberations.We look so bad here, it is joke of historic proportions.

badcompany
09-13-2013, 05:15 PM
These two murderous dictators are playing Barry like a violin. Now Assad has added a shopping list of conditions that must be met prior to turning over his chemical weapons. This list includes turning over Israel's nukes, without which they would be compost. This has become a real cluster pluck....is anyone surprised?

It's just theatre. Assad will do what Putin tells him to do.

I'm convinced this whole thing is about pipelines.

The Saudis want to run one through Syria and supply Europe. The rebels are just Saudi henchmen. Kerry even said that the Saudis offered to pay the U.S military action expenses.

Russia, an oil and gas country itself, doesn't want this pipeline to happen as it would step on their money. That's why Putin wants Assad, who has blocked the pipeline, to stay in power.

The U.S, using chemical weapons as a pretext to help the rebels, is just being the muscle for the Saudis.

Assad doesn't want to end up like Quaddafy, and Putin, at the moment, is his white knight.

fast4522
09-13-2013, 07:42 PM
This is plain to see, only fools would not recognize this for what it is.

JustRalph
09-13-2013, 07:52 PM
http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/beeler-o-noogie-lg.jpg

nat1223
09-13-2013, 09:01 PM
putin would be a good horses name

ArlJim78
09-15-2013, 08:55 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EtUZEKDVW_k/UjV-J7kvU3I/AAAAAAABPBc/iORfJO55UHs/s1600/130915-putin-obama-horse.jpg
lol

johnhannibalsmith
09-15-2013, 10:16 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EtUZEKDVW_k/UjV-J7kvU3I/AAAAAAABPBc/iORfJO55UHs/s1600/130915-putin-obama-horse.jpg
lol

:lol: :lol:

That's good.

Clocker
09-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Reports from Washington are that Obama has been losing weight. Michelle only lets him eat health food for breakfast and dinner, and Putin keeps eating his lunch.

jballscalls
09-15-2013, 11:18 AM
putin would be a good horses name

Putin won a couple races at Aqueduct a few years ago

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=7594376&registry=T