PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 9-8-2013 Football or Horses?

JustRalph
09-08-2013, 01:47 AM
After the crappy cards I have seen the last few days........

I am thinking it's a good day to watch football

You ?

wiffleball whizz
09-08-2013, 02:33 AM
After the crappy cards I have seen the last few days........

I am thinking it's a good day to watch football

You ?

Once football is on horses are irrelevant......was dead set on going to chuck town tonight but got hung up watching Georgia SC........

TJDave
09-08-2013, 02:39 AM
Don't watch pro football. It'll be Bos-NY then a bit of golf then see if the Reds can beat the Dodgers. If I stay awake.

Stillriledup
09-08-2013, 03:15 AM
I'll flip on NYY-Boston halfway thru if it appears to be a good game, if its a blowout, i'll be watching NFL.

Btw, NFL Directv package is free for the first week allegedly, so if you dont have NFL package but have Directv, you might get the games, so look in the 700's to see if you get them.

And, you know, i'll be betting some sure winners at Belmont while watching football and baseball. :D

Zydeco
09-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Golf this morning...then horses and NFL at 1...then full attention to Packers-49ers at 4:25

therussmeister
09-08-2013, 01:25 PM
You're poll didn't include the option I would have chosen: neither.

Stillriledup
09-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Does every home team start off with a 2-0 lead today? What is going on with all these safeties! :D

wiffleball whizz
09-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Does every home team start off with a 2-0 lead today? What is going on with all these safeties! :D

To scumbag everubody with first scoring props at a td or fg....all these games the final is already in they just have to act it out

As fixed as WWE

Valuist
09-08-2013, 04:51 PM
If the poll was for Saturday's, I'd say racing or possibly both.

But Sunday's? Not even close. Didn't even look at the entries. I guess I'll just have to miss out on today's Fairplex card.

ronsmac
09-08-2013, 05:30 PM
If the poll was for Saturday's, I'd say racing or possibly both.

But Sunday's? Not even close. Didn't even look at the entries. I guess I'll just have to miss out on today's Fairplex card.
That's funny , Fairplex is the only Socal track I play, so i'm doing both football and Fairplex.

wiffleball whizz
09-08-2013, 05:34 PM
That's funny , Fairplex is the only Socal track I play, so i'm doing both football and Fairplex.

Ronsmac the master of the bullrings with a Ferris wheel within 200 yards!!!!!!! :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
09-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Does anyone suddenly have the urge to buy a yellow Fiat? :D

ronsmac
09-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Ronsmac the master of the bullrings with a Ferris wheel within 200 yards!!!!!!! :ThmbUp:
If I was sharper in football I'd be playing more. lol. Can the Cowboys cover tonight? Or am I flushing money down the drain?

Stillriledup
09-08-2013, 06:23 PM
If I was sharper in football I'd be playing more. lol. Can the Cowboys cover tonight? Or am I flushing money down the drain?

They can cover, but the Giants are historically a great road team, certain teams seem to just be almost better on the road than they are at home, The G men are one of them.

Also, its hard to lay points in a rivalry game, G men will up for this one i would imagine.

Valuist
09-09-2013, 10:52 AM

They got the cover, but my God, they are plus 5 in turnovers and Eli still had a shot to win late? That pass defense has a lot of problems. The Giants completely abandoned the run and Dallas knew the pass was coming and still couldn't stop it.

Valuist
09-09-2013, 11:56 AM
RJ Bell just posted this: since 1990 in the NFL, teams who were MINUS 5 in turnover margin are 6-134 ATS (4%). The Giants were within two points of covering despite that scenario.

ronsmac
09-09-2013, 01:04 PM
They got the cover, but my God, they are plus 5 in turnovers and Eli still had a shot to win late? That pass defense has a lot of problems. The Giants completely abandoned the run and Dallas knew the pass was coming and still couldn't stop it.
That was like betting a horse who wins because one contender got left at the gate, the other contender runs into a wall of traffic and my horse had clear sailing. I'll take the money but probably didn't deserve the win.