PDA

View Full Version : Forcing commercials down your throat

Stillriledup
09-08-2013, 01:26 AM
I'm watching the USC game now on Ch 219 (Directv) Channel called Fox Sports 1.

So, they are just about to run a play and my 55 inch tv shrinks to about a 40 inch tv as the entire right side border and underneath border starts showing a car commercial. I'm like W T F.

I have to say that if sports is going to start doing that and shortening the screens, i'm not going to watch...its just that simple.

TJDave
09-08-2013, 01:41 AM
That's your "smart" TV. ;)

I think you can turn those banner ads off. Check your operating manual or go on the net.

Stillriledup
09-08-2013, 01:44 AM
Really? Hmm, i'll look into it.

JustRalph
09-08-2013, 01:50 AM
That's your "smart" TV. ;)

I think you can turn those banner ads off. Check your operating manual or go on the net.

I turned them off on mine..............just depends on where they originate. If they are at the network level......you're screwed.........

Auto Racing does this often. You can still watch the race while the commercials run........... but it is built into the network production.....nothing you can do about it in that case

Stillriledup
09-08-2013, 01:57 AM
I turned them off on mine..............just depends on where they originate. If they are at the network level......you're screwed.........

Auto Racing does this often. You can still watch the race while the commercials run........... but it is built into the network production.....nothing you can do about it in that case

Yep, that's what it is, its built in to what they're showing.

TJDave
09-08-2013, 02:02 AM
They don't show up on my regular TV's.

wiffleball whizz
09-08-2013, 02:31 AM

So, they are just about to run a play and my 55 inch tv shrinks to about a 40 inch tv as the entire right side border and underneath border starts showing a car commercial. I'm like W T F.

I have to say that if sports is going to start doing that and shortening the screens, i'm not going to watch...its just that simple.

Did u have some of that USC under?!?!?!?!??

Fox sports 1 has terrible video quality........

55 inch..........beautiful country!!!!

SharpCat
09-08-2013, 02:56 AM

That's nothing. I go over to my mom's house to watch my Indiana football on BTN. She has cable i'm thinking it's Time Warner but not certain. Several times each game they cut away during game action and show 2 local commercials. Today it was a local car dealership and Show-Me's. It definitely pisses me off.

IrishRail76
09-08-2013, 03:50 AM
Be prepared. You know how the networks project the yellow line and other information onto the football field during football games? Very soon, those markers on the field will be replaced with beer logos and other advertising media. They already do it in Europe.

Greyfox
09-08-2013, 08:36 AM

You'll watch. They know that. Fallout will be small.

DJofSD
09-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Just wait until the next Amber Alert. Hope it does not happen during one of those sporting events.

BlueShoe
09-09-2013, 01:40 AM
Far worse than any commercial was watching the way the Trojans stuttered and stumbled to an upset loss to 2 1/2 touchdown underdog conference doormat WSU. Positively painful, ugh.

Stillriledup
09-09-2013, 03:44 AM
You'll watch. They know that. Fallout will be small.

I watch sports for one reason....and that is, incase i go to Vegas, ill have something to bet on. If they shorten my screen, i won't watch, someone has to say enough is enough and i'll be the first to start. If people stop watching, theyll stop doing it.

Stillriledup
09-09-2013, 03:46 AM
Be prepared. You know how the networks project the yellow line and other information onto the football field during football games? Very soon, those markers on the field will be replaced with beer logos and other advertising media. They already do it in Europe.

NHL does something annoying, they put these "Ads" up on the glass behind the nets and they arent ads that are in the actual arena, and they switch the ads each period...its really annoying because i know those ads arent on the actual glass in the arena.

Stillriledup
09-09-2013, 03:47 AM
Just wait until the next Amber Alert. Hope it does not happen during one of those sporting events.

You can turn amber alert off in your phone, iphone has an option to accept or deny "government alerts".

Stillriledup
09-09-2013, 03:49 AM
Did u have some of that USC under?!?!?!?!??

Fox sports 1 has terrible video quality........

55 inch..........beautiful country!!!!

I'll only bet sports if i'm in Vegas.....i would have bet against USC on the spread and on the ML. Just between you and me, USC is brutally bad and Kiffin is probably the worst coach in major college football. They were ranked 25th before this game, there are a lot more than 25 teams that would beat these guys to a pulp.

Longshot6977
09-09-2013, 06:40 PM
If they shorten my screen, i won't watch, someone has to say enough is enough and i'll be the first to start. If people stop watching, theyll stop doing it.

It's not if you stop watching, rather, stop buying any of the products in the commercials. If everyone did that collectively, THEN they'll get the hint and stop doing it, imo.