PDA

View Full Version : Meadows Live (Friday Sep 6th)

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 02:24 PM
I am late today but let us start with
Race 6
Did not see much in this race but what I did see, it appears that Jinxy's Delight (# 7) 5/1 might be the play. Steve Owens has had his horses sharper since they last raced before the track was redid.
Wagers
Ex
7/2,4,5,6
2,4,5,6/7

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 02:29 PM
This appears to be a lineup race with my top pick Thistle Dhu (# 4) 2/1 who shipped to Vernon and returns with a win at 7/1 odds. Close behind should be Show Ticket (# 1) 3/1. Gillock trained horse with hall of fame driver Dickie Stillings, what is not to like.

Wagers
Win/Place/Show #4
Ex
1-4 Box
Tri
4-1-all
Super
14/14/2,10/all
14/14/all/2,10

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 02:34 PM
I am late today but let us start with
Race 6
Did not see much in this race but what I did see, it appears that Jinxy's Delight (# 7) 5/1 might be the play. Steve Owens has had his horses sharper since they last raced before the track was redid.
Wagers
Ex
7/2,4,5,6
2,4,5,6/7
Perfect pocket trip for the (# 4) who is the first horse from Bruce Riegle to win since the layoff. I jumped off of Bruce's horses earlier this week. Last year he had over 5 wins in his first 8 or 9 starters to hit the track. Not so this year. My pick was a non factor.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Race 8
Sarah's Creek (# 6) 7/2
Seems to be the one with the most back class. This one was claimed for 10k price back in June and has seen this class or higher since. She has raced at Pokie after the claaim and then since came back for one start prior to the layoff. Wilder should be on the tail of She's An American (# 5) 3/1 with Palone in the bike. That horse is up too much for my liking and think even the great Palone might not be able to win at this claiming level.

Wagers
Ex
6/1,5,5
1,4,5/6

Tri
6/4/all
6/all/4

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 02:52 PM
This appears to be a lineup race with my top pick Thistle Dhu (# 4) 2/1 who shipped to Vernon and returns with a win at 7/1 odds. Close behind should be Show Ticket (# 1) 3/1. Gillock trained horse with hall of fame driver Dickie Stillings, what is not to like.

Wagers
Win/Place/Show #4
Ex
1-4 Box
Tri
4-1-all
Super
14/14/2,10/all
14/14/all/2,10
They lined up in order, 4-3-1-10 and remained that way through the three turns and came in 4-3-1-5 (# 5) came late in the lane to spoil the lineup.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Race 9
Stucklikeglue (# 6) 2/1
Burke/Palone entry that has the fastest times and looks to jog at odds on. The only way to

make money with this one is to hit the exotics.
Wagers
Ex
6/2,4,7
Tri
6/2/all
6/all/2

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Race 10
Hearts N Flow (# 6) 6/1
This one adds lasix for this start. Has been right there in all of her starts in this class. Randy Bendis barn has been ready to win at first asking since the short layoff. Destiny's Chance (# 7) 7/2 appears to be the public's choice at near even money as Palone/Burke seem to have the best horse in any race they team up in.

Wagers
Ex Bx
6-7

Ex
6/1,2,7

Tri
6/2,7/all
2.7/6/all

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Race 11
Baritone (# 1) 4/1
I am hoping for a two hole trip for this trotter. It appears that Merriman will be racing on the engine with (# 9) A Star For Sidney. If so, these two will race as a team to the lane and the winner of the lane sprint will be the winner of the race.

Wagers
Ex Bx
1-9

Wagers
Ex
1/2,4,9
9/1,2,4

Tri
1,9/1,9/all

Super
1,9/1,9/2,4/all
1,9/1,9/all/2,4

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Race 8
Sarah's Creek (# 6) 7/2
Seems to be the one with the most back class. This one was claimed for 10k price back in June and has seen this class or higher since. She has raced at Pokie after the claaim and then since came back for one start prior to the layoff. Wilder should be on the tail of She's An American (# 5) 3/1 with Palone in the bike. That horse is up too much for my liking and think even the great Palone might not be able to win at this claiming level.

Wagers
Ex
6/1,4,5
1,4,5/6

Tri
6/4/all
6/all/4
So much for my belief that Wilder would be following Palone for the lead as he did not. Wilder decided to go second over from sixth at the half. Wilder just sat in the bike until half way down the lane before asking something from his horse. He apparently just wanted what he got, third place. Palone, without anyone really challenging him ended up winning as he pleased.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Race 12
Nothing really stands out for me in this race. Going with my trotting numbers here.
Ex
4/1,2,5
1,2,5/4

Also
Ex
2/1,4,5
1,4,5/2

Also
Ex Bx 2-4

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Race 13
There are so many reasons I should avoid betting this race but something in my gut is telling me that Exit Here is the longshot play of the year. Upon inspection, Exit Here qualified against Forclousure N on Aug 16th. One can hide a lot in a race that went in 1:50:1. Also, this one was going as fast as others in here before the addition of lasix for its most recent start.

If I was up over a hundred dollars for the day, I would throw away $56 bucks and key wheel this one in the trifecta for a dollar ticket in hopes of taking down the whole pool. I don't know if the Meadows has fifty cent trifecta as a wagering option, but if it dows, the $28 key works as well for the total pool angle.

Since I am not up, will suggest betting across the board on this one.

Wagers
Win/Place/Show (# 1)

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Race 9
Stucklikeglue (# 6) 2/1
Burke/Palone entry that has the fastest times and looks to jog at odds on. The only way to

make money with this one is to hit the exotics.
Wagers
Ex
6/2,4,7
Tri
6/2/all
6/all/2
Palone came to a knife fight loaded with a .357. Once on top, there was no one going to catch him. Both the (# 2) and (# 4) came late from mid pack to complete the exotic tickets.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Race 14
E R Ellie (# 1) 5/2
With the track's front end speed bias, this trotter should be even faster as that is all this one races, on the engine.
Wagers
Ex
1/4,5,10

Tri
1/4,5,10/all

DD
1/1,2

Wagers
Ex Bx
1-2

Tri
1/2/all
1/all/2

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Race 10
Hearts N Flow (# 6) 6/1
This one adds lasix for this start. Has been right there in all of her starts in this class. Randy Bendis barn has been ready to win at first asking since the short layoff. Destiny's Chance (# 7) 7/2 appears to be the public's choice at near even money as Palone/Burke seem to have the best horse in any race they team up in.

Wagers
Ex Bx
6-7

Ex
6/1,2,7

Tri
6/2,7/all
2.7/6/all
Wilder put this one on the engine and held sway. It was the underpart of the exotics where I failed. At 4/1, win money might have been the play.

Ray2000
09-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Race 11 5mtp

I like this chart that my ADW puts up. (Amwager, aka Amwest)

look at horse #8 in grey
it gets better when approaching post time , just for an example

Will go with Ex box on 189

GL

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Race 11
Baritone (# 1) 4/1
I am hoping for a two hole trip for this trotter. It appears that Merriman will be racing on the engine with (# 9) A Star For Sidney. If so, these two will race as a team to the lane and the winner of the lane sprint will be the winner of the race.

Wagers
Ex Bx
1-9

Wagers
Ex
1/2,4,9
9/1,2,4

Tri
1,9/1,9/all

Super
1,9/1,9/2,4/all
1,9/1,9/all/2,4
Dan Charlino got Baritone away fifth and was gapping out heading to the second turn. Came out on the backside and seemed to having nothing in the tank. Not until late in the stretch did this one move forward but was only able to gain the show spot. The (# 9) did not want to be a part of this race and just raced from the back of the field.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Race 12
Nothing really stands out for me in this race. Going with my trotting numbers here.
Ex
4/1,2,5
1,2,5/4

Also
Ex
2/1,4,5
1,4,5/2

Also
Ex Bx 2-4
Believe it or not, I have been doing this for decades at the Meadows in trotting races that I have failed to like something and decided just to play either of these numbers or both of them like today and double down with the keys in another wager. You would be surprised how many times it has worked out through those years. Just noticed that Bruce Riegle won his second race. Got to keep an eye out for all of them now.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Race 11 5mtp

I like this chart that my ADW puts up. (Amwager, aka Amwest)

look at horse #8 in grey
it gets better when approaching post time , just for an example

Will go with Ex box on 189

GL
Love the idea of tracking the money as it leads up to post time. The problem in harness and greyhound racing is the small pools. It might have a high rate of success at the thoroughbred large pools in NY or California but at the other tracks will be small pools again and subject to more deviations due to small changes in wagers. Earlier today at the Meadows a horse was taking money early, then someone punched another horse in the race so the previous favorite became just as long as the other long shots. With a minute or so before post, someone cancelled that ticket and the previous favorite early became the favorite again going to post. It only took a couple hundred dollar ticket to win to offset that trend line. I have to admit that I am a chart guy ever since I first learned how to create spreadsheets and databases on my first computer, forgot what it was called but was running DOS 2.0 and my second computer was a .386 ....those were the days.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Race 13
There are so many reasons I should avoid betting this race but something in my gut is telling me that Exit Here is the longshot play of the year. Upon inspection, Exit Here qualified against Forclousure N on Aug 16th. One can hide a lot in a race that went in 1:50:1. Also, this one was going as fast as others in here before the addition of lasix for its most recent start.

If I was up over a hundred dollars for the day, I would throw away $56 bucks and key wheel this one in the trifecta for a dollar ticket in hopes of taking down the whole pool. I don't know if the Meadows has fifty cent trifecta as a wagering option, but if it dows, the $28 key works as well for the total pool angle.

Since I am not up, will suggest betting across the board on this one.

Wagers
Win/Place/Show (# 1)
Got away in fourth place at 35/1. When the (# 4) at 3/5 moved to the outside to go first over at the half, this one did the second over thing. The problem was the first over favorite went the third quarter in 27:2 and although this one got to third place, that speed was just too much to handle. Backed up in the lane to finish 6th.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Race 14
E R Ellie (# 1) 5/2
With the track's front end speed bias, this trotter should be even faster as that is all this one races, on the engine.
Wagers
Ex
1/4,5,10

Tri
1/4,5,10/all

DD
1/1,2

Oh well, things like this happen. Tyler Stillings driving his horse was in no hurry to get to the lead and was happy to sit in third place going to the half. If he was wanting the front end, he would have pulled at the half but he let himself get boxed in as the second place horse was letting the leader get away while the first over horse was boxing Tyler's horse in until the stretch. The damage was done and not even his whipping the horse could win that race given that trip. The second place horse closed enough to get by for the win while Tyler had only a third place purse check to cash next week.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Race 15
Ole Miss (# 1) 5/1
This one has class relief in her favor plus Randy Bendis barn has been sharp since returning from the layoff since mid August. Main rival will be Sweetheart Dance (# 2)

Wagers
Ex Bx
1-2

Tri
1/2/all
1/all/2
Eric Ledford was sitting fifth at the qtr seeing Palone second over hung trying to gain the lead when he tipped and went third over and cleared for the lead with Palone on the even money favorite sitting second. They raced as a team until the last turn when Palone tipped his horse and seemed ready to go on by when Ole Miss let Eric know that it was not time to fold up. Eric and Ole Miss held sway to win.