PDA

View Full Version : Contest etiquette pay up?

TheEdge07
09-05-2013, 08:39 PM
This has been bothering the shit out of me need your opinion.

This certain website holds weekly contests.I played for 5 or 6 weeks and finally on May 4 with the winning prize in total $167 i finally won..I made a 5 figure score Cd and decided to boast about it on the site.I shortly recvd a email stating i should sponsor the Belmont Stakes because of the amount i won...i was ok and emailed i would sponsor the tourney..

The site never paid my prize money....He never emailed me back and not one word about my prize money..Im assuming he thought he shouldnt pay the prize because of the amount of money i won..

I won the contest i should get paid regardless of the score i made.maybe i shouldve kept my fing mouth shut..

Dave Schwartz
09-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Maybe you should ask to be paid?

Maybe it was an oversight?

TheEdge07
09-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Maybe you should ask to be paid?

Maybe it was an oversight?

Wasnt a oversight when he asked for me to sponsor the Belmont Stakes

Feel guilty asking for it...

wiffleball whizz
09-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Boy I'm hoping these tactics aren't used towards me after week 9 :lol: :lol: :lol:

thespaah
09-05-2013, 09:08 PM
This has been bothering the shit out of me need your opinion.

This certain website holds weekly contests.I played for 5 or 6 weeks and finally on May 4 with the winning prize in total $167 i finally won..I made a 5 figure score Cd and decided to boast about it on the site.I shortly recvd a email stating i should sponsor the Belmont Stakes because of the amount i won...i was ok and emailed i would sponsor the tourney..

The site never paid my prize money....He never emailed me back and not one word about my prize money..Im assuming he thought he shouldnt pay the prize because of the amount of money i won..

I won the contest i should get paid regardless of the score i made.maybe i shouldve kept my fing mouth shut..
I'm not quite following you.
Let me get this straight...
You won a contest. The prize was $167.
You also made over $1,000 betting...You decided to tell others about it.
You got an email asking you to "sponsor" the Belmont Stakes..What does that mean?
I don't see the connection between what I guess was a handicapping contest and money which you risked wagering on the races.
Can you please break this down to make it easier to understand. Thanks

thespaah
09-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Boy I'm hoping these tactics aren't used towards me after week 9 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now THAT is frggin funny! :cool: :D

TheEdge07
09-05-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm not quite following you.
Let me get this straight...
You won a contest. The prize was $167.
You also made over $1,000 betting...You decided to tell others about it.
You got an email asking you to "sponsor" the Belmont Stakes..What does that mean?
I don't see the connection between what I guess was a handicapping contest and money which you risked wagering on the races.
Can you please break this down to make it easier to understand. Thanks

The contest prize i won $167
I won over 17 grand at Churchill on may 4th i decided to post the winning tic on the site
he emailed me stating since i had a big day at the track that i should sponsor the next contest on belmont stakes day.
i told him i would put up some sponsor money..
never heard another word and i never got paid.
I

cj
09-05-2013, 10:42 PM
The contest prize i won $167
I won over 17 grand at Churchill on may 4th i decided to post the winning tic on the site
he emailed me stating since i had a big day at the track that i should sponsor the next contest on belmont stakes day.
i told him i would put up some sponsor money..
never heard another word and i never got paid.
I

Maybe they assumed the $167 was the sponsor fee? Ask!

thaskalos
09-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Since you won 17 grand at the same time...they probably figured you didn't need the 167 bucks. I would have made the same assumption... :)

TheEdge07
09-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Maybe they assumed the $167 was the sponsor fee? Ask!

Yep ..going.to email.tomorrow

Longshot6977
09-05-2013, 10:58 PM
After reading the 1st post, I also assumed the $167 was to be used toward the sponsorship like CJ and Thask did.
But why did over 4 months go by though?

TheEdge07
09-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Four motnhs because i felt i shouldve been.paid first..me winning the.money have matter

thaskalos
09-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Four motnhs because i felt i shouldve been.paid first..me winning the.money have matter

It appears that English may not be your native language. Could it be that you misunderstood the message that they sent you? :)

ManU918
09-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Since you won 17 grand at the same time...they probably figured you didn't need the 167 bucks. I would have made the same assumption... :)

It's not like he won 17 million... It's 17 grand... After taxes its around 13 dimes..... That's a bullshit move by the site... TheEdge why don't you name the site so people know which site you are talking about and maybe a site rep will come on and explain the situation.

TheEdge07
09-06-2013, 08:07 AM
It appears that English may not be your native language. Could it be that you misunderstood the message that they sent you? :)

Thask on my cell.Tough to type

TheEdge07
09-06-2013, 08:09 AM
It's not like he won 17 million... It's 17 grand... After taxes its around 13 dimes..... That's a bullshit move by the site... TheEdge why don't you name the site so people know which site you are talking about and maybe a site rep will come on and explain the situation.

Go under free handicapping contest and search for wire/wire theres some members here that play on the site

Robert Goren
09-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Live and learn! Don't deal with them anymore. Sometimes people screw you over. Most of the time there is little you can do about it.

ManU918
09-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Go under free handicapping contest and search for wire/wire theres some members here that play on the site

I guess I'm blind because I don't see that anywhere.

Jay Trotter
09-06-2013, 08:49 AM
On a side note............the PaceAdvantage Challenge Series hands out over $20,000 in Cash and Prizes each year and has never missed a payment. :ThmbUp:

And it's Free to Play!

TheEdge07
09-06-2013, 10:33 AM

Ill find it its run by Cam Fella

iceknight
09-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Thask on my cell.Tough to type You waited four months on this contest.. do you mind waiting a few hours before you get to a computer :lol: But it seems like the site "assumed" your 167 for the Belmont contests.. hope they don't do that continually to every winner lol!

TheEdge07
09-06-2013, 01:10 PM

Read yr PM

TheEdge07
09-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Bloodstock64 http://www.winnerswire.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.winnerswire.com/forums/showthread.php?p=50038#post50038)
Leading up to "The Derby"

The Edge...$158.80
Cam..........$91.20
GHartley....$89.60

Many at $70-$80

I'm sure there'll be a mad jostle after the KD. May just be a race for place if The Edge wins with Java's War.

No one caught me.