NY Jets 85
31 Jacksonville 83
Oakland 83

NFC average: 91.7
AFC average: 89.3

I have Wash in my top 10 (7th)

proximity
09-06-2013, 04:06 AM
the colts mid-pack rating aside, I agree with bethorses! that Washington should be higher and I think you're overrating our Pennsylvania teams.

90 for the colts and 89 for the eagles?? we would spank them. look forward to coach chip proving me wrong!!:)

Stillriledup
09-06-2013, 04:55 AM
1. Green Bay 90
2. New England 88
3. Denver 88
4. San Fran 86+
5. Pittsburgh 85
6. Houston 83
7. Seattle 82
8. New Orleans ?78+

Why New England so high? Do you think they would be an 11-5 or 12-4 team if brady got knocked out for the season in game 1?

precocity
09-06-2013, 06:22 AM
6. Green Bay 95 :D

Valuist
09-06-2013, 08:50 AM
6. Green Bay 95 :D

Yeah its a joke, I know. They are rated 1.5 pts behind the Niners, and factor in HFA and they'd be 4.5 point dogs, WHICH THEY ARE.

Were you laughing because I had them rated too high, or too low?

Valuist
09-06-2013, 08:54 AM
the colts mid-pack rating aside, I agree with bethorses! that Washington should be higher and I think you're overrating our Pennsylvania teams.

90 for the colts and 89 for the eagles?? we would spank them. look forward to coach chip proving me wrong!!:)

Washington will face an uphill battle. Everything they did, especially Morris' production, was based on defenses being terrified of RGIII. No doubt in my mind, he will be running far less. That will hurt their run, and make RGIII more of a dropback QB. He can still throw, but defenses will have a much better idea of how to stop them this year, IMO. They also get a tougher schedule for 2013.

As for Philly, I'm banking on them not being minus 20 something in turnovers. That could happen again, but they are going to run a gimmicky offense, which the league will eventually catch up to, but could cause problems for defenses early in the season.

Yes, I do like Philly and points over the 'Skins in week 1.

precocity
09-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Yeah its a joke, I know. They are rated 1.5 pts behind the Niners, and factor in HFA and they'd be 4.5 point dogs, WHICH THEY ARE.

Were you laughing because I had them rated too high, or too low?

way to high, aaron rodgers will be knocked on his azz 10 times a game this year. this year his name will be aaron vick with that offence line.

ManU918
09-06-2013, 09:06 AM
I have Wash in my top 10 (7th)

Washington's win total is 7.5 if you think they are a top 10 team that will be the easiest money you will ever win.

BetHorses!
09-06-2013, 09:09 AM

I have Skins 3 better but add 2 for HFA ...not enough of an edge to lay points. Good Luck tho

BetHorses!
09-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Washington's win total is 7.5 if you think they are a top 10 team that will be the easiest money you will ever win.

Early season ratings don't mean much, they had good preseason so they moved up but doesn't mean anything. I see no edge in season total nor Monday's game.

newtothegame
09-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Looks about right to me value.....
Now here's my bias lol.......I think N.O should slide in at 8 and each of the teams at 8 9 10 all move down one.
I really am glad that N.O is not getting much love this year.
LY we set all kinds of records (bad ones defensively) and still finished 7-9.
This defense is and will be much improved. If they just finish mid pack defense wise, they easily get ten wins. Add in Payton returning and well I see them competing for the division crown against ATL. This Sunday will be huge towards that goal.
Geaux Saints!!!!

BetHorses!
09-06-2013, 09:32 AM
I prob should have mentioned the one I would replace w Skins....that is Atlanta. Everything else looked solid

burnsy
09-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Early season ratings don't mean much, they had good preseason so they moved up but doesn't mean anything. I see no edge in season total nor Monday's game.

Week to week, game to game....those things mean squat

Valuist
09-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Looks about right to me value.....
Now here's my bias lol.......I think N.O should slide in at 8 and each of the teams at 8 9 10 all move down one.
I really am glad that N.O is not getting much love this year.
LY we set all kinds of records (bad ones defensively) and still finished 7-9.
This defense is and will be much improved. If they just finish mid pack defense wise, they easily get ten wins. Add in Payton returning and well I see them competing for the division crown against ATL. This Sunday will be huge towards that goal.
Geaux Saints!!!!

I have New Orleans only 1/2 pt away from 8th so they could easily pass those teams. Their offense is great. I just can't put them higher until I see substantial improvement out of that defense. The 2012 Saints D was one of the worst I've ever seen in watching the game for over 40 years.

Quite a few are bullish on them and they'll get a chance to make a statement right out of the blocks.

proximity
09-06-2013, 02:57 PM
As for Philly, I'm banking on them not being minus 20 something in turnovers. That could happen again, but they are going to run a gimmicky offense, which the league will eventually catch up to, but could cause problems for defenses early in the season.

I remember Washington seemed to have several injuries to the core of their team last year.... won division anyhow.

if peters comes back at near full strength, with evan mathis and this guy from Oklahoma the eagles may be able to develop a running game with shady..... BUT THAT'S ALL THEY HAVE.

turnovers? brown is still carrying the ball like two feet from his body and vick?? can't teach an old dog (bad choice of words) new tricks. nick foles scares nobody. hearing some good things about the new tight end.

defense: they brought in connor barwin, but that seems to be about all they have to me. Williams from Baltimore? good passing teams should destroy their secondary.

really love the city, and listening to 610/94 (great sports talk), and would love to see the town get a contender..... just don't see it.

Robert Fischer
09-06-2013, 03:44 PM
(same RF) Power Ratings on the same scale as Valuist.

1. Green Bay 96
2. New England 96
3. Denver 96
4. San Fran 95+
5. Pittsburgh 94.5
6. Houston 93.5
7. Seattle 93
8. New Orleans ?91+

Robert Fischer
09-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Why New England so high? Do you think they would be an 11-5 or 12-4 team if brady got knocked out for the season in game 1?

If an elite QB goes down, of course it's a different story.
I could be wrong about New England. :ThmbUp:
Their schedule is a little tougher than I thought. 6 easy division games but they face Steelers, Broncos, Texans, and (at)Falcons.

RaceBookJoe
09-06-2013, 06:18 PM
I remember Washington seemed to have several injuries to the core of their team last year.... won division anyhow.

if peters comes back at near full strength, with evan mathis and this guy from Oklahoma the eagles may be able to develop a running game with shady..... BUT THAT'S ALL THEY HAVE.

turnovers? brown is still carrying the ball like two feet from his body and vick?? can't teach an old dog (bad choice of words) new tricks. nick foles scares nobody. hearing some good things about the new tight end.

defense: they brought in connor barwin, but that seems to be about all they have to me. Williams from Baltimore? good passing teams should destroy their secondary.

really love the city, and listening to 610/94 (great sports talk), and would love to see the town get a contender..... just don't see it.

Starting TE, DE, OLB, both safeties , and #1 WR for 10 games. Some are back ready to play, a couple are still out, some weak spots in the lineup but should still be a very competitive team. Should be ranked higher than the Giants and Cowboys based on last year alone.

Robert Fischer
09-06-2013, 08:19 PM
the 49ers are tough for me to guage.

Everyone has them @ 12-4 this year

I'm not sure...
They could be the biggest swing team in the NFL. 12-4? or 9-7?

Kaepernick will have to prove himself again to get the confidence in full swing.

And he'll have to do that without Alex Smith on the bench.
Will he really be a threat to run 100+ yards from the read-option with Colt McCoy and Daniels as his backups?

And if that dual-threat attack is limited, will his passing be exposed?
It's one thing to have a 100 passing rating against a scrambling man-man defense, and something totally different to do that in the pocket. Kaepernick's dream run didn't show me that consistency - yet.

Greenbay, Houston, and Seattle twice look like their 4 toughest games.

The next 4 toughest will make or break their season = Indy, New Orleans, Washington, Atlanta.

They need to beat these 2nd tier teams with a safer pocket passing (or running back heavy read-option) and save Kaep's healthy legs for the 4 big games and ultimately the playoffs.

Valuist
09-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Starting TE, DE, OLB, both safeties , and #1 WR for 10 games. Some are back ready to play, a couple are still out, some weak spots in the lineup but should still be a very competitive team. Should be ranked higher than the Giants and Cowboys based on last year alone.

We'll see about that. First place schedule this year and the read option will not catch teams by surprise like it did last year. And couple the fact that in the back of RGIII's mind, he knows he's blown the knee out twice.

I loved watching RGIII play last year. Most exciting player in the league. I don't think we will be able to see that level of play this year.

Proximity-

Bryce Brown isn't the starter in Philly. McCoy is, and I expect McCoy to have a huge year.

RaceBookJoe
09-07-2013, 08:26 AM
We'll see about that. First place schedule this year and the read option will not catch teams by surprise like it did last year. And couple the fact that in the back of RGIII's mind, he knows he's blown the knee out twice.

I loved watching RGIII play last year. Most exciting player in the league. I don't think we will be able to see that level of play this year.

Proximity-

Bryce Brown isn't the starter in Philly. McCoy is, and I expect McCoy to have a huge year.

Im not saying the Redskins WILL be better than either team, but based on last year, returning basically the entire team ( only lost 1 main player to free agency) and the return of some of the key players I listed, and seeing the giants lose their starting rb and dallas with a few key injuries, that to place them ahead of the Redskins didn't make sense to me. I am expecting the NFC is general to be very tough this year. Not to slight the AFC, but I see 2 divisions there that should be cakewalks. All depends on which teams stay healthy. ps: McCoy is a baller and he should do really well in this new offense in Philly, Vick should have more fun in it too.

wiffleball whizz
09-07-2013, 08:52 AM

Do you think bethorses! Asked Maryland Live! If he can use the exclamation point? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And manU is rite WSH at 7.5 is a gift.....a gift that will result in empty pockets if you bet a over

proximity
09-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Do you think bethorses! Asked Maryland Live! If he can use the exclamation point? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And manU is rite WSH at 7.5 is a gift.....a gift that will result in empty pockets if you bet a over

jan 2004 join date.... i think maryland live(!) maybe shoulda asked bethorses! if they could use the exclamation point. :)

back in jan 2004 who woulda guessed mr stronach woulda missed the slam dunk that made maryland live! possible. :bang:

redskins play the eagles twice and the afc west. how bad are they??? :confused:

Robert Fischer
09-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Kaepernick and the 49ers offense looked great today.

proximity
09-08-2013, 10:25 PM
maybe i'm being too hard on the eagles defense??

I forgot last year the system seemed pretty chaotic with the defensive line coach running things differently from the rest of the defense and multiple signals being sent in.

maybe they can make a turn around like the saints defense did today??

both ryan brothers holding nfc south foes below 20 pts!!

cj
09-08-2013, 10:30 PM
The Giants will be very lucky to win 8 games this year. They stink.

wiffleball whizz
09-08-2013, 10:52 PM

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

And the booing has zero to do with your 8 win projection

I had a $150 bet with a PA lurker u would finish in top 4 in pool!!!!!

cj
09-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

And the booing has zero to do with your 8 win projection

I had a $150 bet with a PA lurker u would finish in top 4 in pool!!!!!

Sorry man, I just don't have time to concentrate on the NFL. Am I too late? I'll try if it will help you!

wiffleball whizz
09-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Sorry man, I just don't have time to concentrate on the NFL. Am I too late? I'll try if it will help you!

Never too late for the master!!!!

I did go out last night to buy a iPad 2 specifically for timeformus reasons!!!!! iPhone just couldn't cut it for that!!!!!!!

Also by you missing week 1 your not exactly too far back from 24 of the players :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As Trevor denman says you just game them a 4 length start!!!!!!

proximity
09-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Never too late for the master!!!!!!!!!

johnny chan can still enter?:D

cj can still jump in and take us back to back weeks for the bonus!!

wiffleball whizz
09-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Cj doesn't exactly have to make up too much ground on 90 percent of the field that's for sure after poor picking :lol:

HuggingTheRail
09-08-2013, 11:43 PM
I think CJ could still beat me in week 1 :D

Valuist
09-09-2013, 12:15 AM

The Giants better have a cardiologist on the flight back to New York. Coughlin looked extremely pissed. He might have a grabber on the trip home. David Wilson had about the worst game I think I've ever seen from a RB; 7 carries, 2 lost fumbles, failed to convert a TD from 1 yard line, then missed a key pass protection which got Eli sacked.

But as unprepared as they looked and minus 5 in turnovers, it still was a one score game. I don't think much of their pass defense. And now they get to play Peyton and the Bronco offense. I could see another 48-27 type game.

Stillriledup
09-09-2013, 03:54 AM
The Giants better have a cardiologist on the flight back to New York. Coughlin looked extremely pissed. He might have a grabber on the trip home. David Wilson had about the worst game I think I've ever seen from a RB; 7 carries, 2 lost fumbles, failed to convert a TD from 1 yard line, then missed a key pass protection which got Eli sacked.

But as unprepared as they looked and minus 5 in turnovers, it still was a one score game. I don't think much of their pass defense. And now they get to play Peyton and the Bronco offense. I could see another 48-27 type game.

NYG will be fired up for this game and its their home opener..i dont remember seeing Eli that mad ....probably mostly mad at himself, but just mad in general, this team has a lot of pride you can bet they'll be ready to play a much "tighter" game in week 2.

Valuist
09-09-2013, 09:34 AM
NYG will be fired up for this game and its their home opener..i dont remember seeing Eli that mad ....probably mostly mad at himself, but just mad in general, this team has a lot of pride you can bet they'll be ready to play a much "tighter" game in week 2.

I haven't seen the total for this game but it has to be close to 60. Coughlin is an easy coach to read. Who does he trust? Eli, Victor Cruz and Nicks. He definitely doesn't trust David Wilson, and Eli was upset at Wilson's replacement. I don't see them running the ball much. Wilson will get more chances, but probably not much right away. As for Denver, not only can their passing game light it up but they gamble on defense. That guy who should've had a INT return for a TD gambled on another near pick, and Dallas Clark ended up with a 30 yard gain on what should've been about a 3 yarder.

Robert Fischer
09-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Excited to see the Eagles tonight. Chip Kelly is using the NFL version of his offense, and will be calling the plays. The offensive coordinator Shurmur, will be upstairs assisting from the booth.

rastajenk
09-09-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm wondering if they will use the 2-pt conversion after their first TD. :eek:

proximity
09-09-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm wondering if they will use the 2-pt conversion after their first TD. :eek:

and i'm wondering if there will be a first td!! :D

Valuist
09-09-2013, 05:30 PM
and i'm wondering if there will be a first td!! :D

LOL

The Eagles have been taking betting action, however. A lot more tickets (small) were written on Redskins, yet the line has moved from 4.5 to 3.5 (some 3s) so the big money has been Philly.

proximity
09-09-2013, 06:20 PM
i guess that means hugh will be taking the eagles!!

got eagles pre-game live on w/ ray diddy!!

first gun-on -one of the year coming up with #7 michael vick!!

Robert Fischer
09-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Philly doesn't have weapons like San Fran, but they already look much better.

Robert Fischer
09-09-2013, 07:16 PM
WOW hahaha

Robert Fischer
09-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Time to unleash Vick on a run now.

Valuist
09-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Very questionable call on initial TD. And Redskins D has to get right back on field. They will be exhausted by the end of the game.

proximity
09-09-2013, 07:34 PM
i think we're all going to be exhausted by the end of the game. :D

elysiantraveller
09-09-2013, 07:37 PM
WOW... :eek:

Robert Fischer
09-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Philadelphia may belong at the bottom of the top 10 power rankings, if this is any indication.

Valuist
09-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Philadelphia may belong at the bottom of the top 10 power rankings, if this is any indication.

I assume you mean may NOT belong in the bottom 10. This is absolute total domination. Shanahan doesn't know what has hit him. I also think RGIII is definitely not 100%. No runs, doesn't look comfortable at the finish of his throws. The rumors were he wasn't 100%.

It will be interesting to see how Kelly handles the 2nd half. This isn't college; at some point you have to start milking the clock. Don't want to lengthen the game and let Washington back in.

proximity
09-09-2013, 08:54 PM
coach said "football is football."

i didn't believe him.

guess he is right.

totally humiliating a super bowl winning coach. :eek:

Robert Fischer
09-22-2013, 06:01 PM
the 49ers are tough for me to guage.

Everyone has them @ 12-4 this year

I'm not sure...
They could be the biggest swing team in the NFL. 12-4? or 9-7?

Kaepernick will have to prove himself again to get the confidence in full swing.

And he'll have to do that without Alex Smith on the bench.
Will he really be a threat to run 100+ yards from the read-option with Colt McCoy and Daniels as his backups?

And if that dual-threat attack is limited, will his passing be exposed?
It's one thing to have a 100 passing rating against a scrambling man-man defense, and something totally different to do that in the pocket. Kaepernick's dream run didn't show me that consistency - yet.

Greenbay, Houston, and Seattle twice look like their 4 toughest games.

The next 4 toughest will make or break their season = Indy, New Orleans, Washington, Atlanta.

They need to beat these 2nd tier teams with a safer pocket passing (or running back heavy read-option) and save Kaep's healthy legs for the 4 big games and ultimately the playoffs.

Uh-oh.

Valuist , we need a new power rankings thread after this weekend's games.

sorry for the self quote faux pas , I think i'm like 3-21 for the football contest and needed the ego boost :)

Valuist
09-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Uh-oh.

Valuist , we need a new power rankings thread after this weekend's games.

sorry for the self quote faux pas , I think i'm like 3-21 for the football contest and needed the ego boost :)

I will re-adjust after all the games. Right now, I'd say Seattle, Denver, New Orleans are 1-2-3. After that it gets muddled. The 49ers did NOT look good today. Second very bad week in a row for that offense. We've seen a number of Super Bowl losers come back and disappoint the next season. So far, the Niners are keeping with that angle.

Valuist
09-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Anyone know why this Jets-Buffalo game is still going on? Was there a weather delay? Game should've been over a half hour ago.

wiffleball whizz
09-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Anyone know why this Jets-Buffalo game is still going on? Was there a weather delay? Game should've been over a half hour ago.

Penalties reviews.... My friend lives for the td montage and every week these 4:25 kick offs and weathe delays are killing him!!!

wiffleball whizz
09-22-2013, 09:19 PM
I will re-adjust after all the games. Right now, I'd say Seattle, Denver, New Orleans are 1-2-3. After that it gets muddled. The 49ers did NOT look good today. Second very bad week in a row for that offense. We've seen a number of Super Bowl losers come back and disappoint the next season. So far, the Niners are keeping with that angle.

BEARS

I SAID WEEKS AGO IT WAS DENVER AND THE BEARS!!!!

Valuist
09-22-2013, 11:35 PM
Penalties reviews.... My friend lives for the td montage and every week these 4:25 kick offs and weathe delays are killing him!!!

Just looked at the box score. The Jets had 20 penalties for 182 yards, were minus 2 in turnovers......and STILL won and covered. That's no small accomplishment, overcoming 182 penalty yards. Granted, Buffalo isn't very good, but many felt the Jets were in the neighborhood with the Jags and Raiders before the season started. They are clearly not THAT bad.

Valuist
09-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Here's my top 5 and bottom 5 thru week 3:

1. Denver, Seattle 97
3. New England 95
4. New Orleans 94.5
5. Green Bay 94

32. Jacksonville 81
31. Oakland 84
29-30. Cleveland, Arizona 85
28. St. Louis, Washington 86

precocity
09-24-2013, 06:46 PM

1. Denver, Seattle 97
3. New England 95
4. New Orleans 94.5
5. Green Bay 94

32. Jacksonville 81
31. Oakland 84

valuist were the cowboys rank now?

Valuist
09-24-2013, 08:11 PM
valuist were the cowboys rank now?

92ish.

FWIW, I do not make bets based on my power ratings. I use them as a handicapping tool to determine a team's strength of schedule. I tend to think of a team as a 93 or 89 instead of their win loss record, which is often misleading.

I also probably would readjust both Denver and Seattle up a notch to 98.

melman
09-24-2013, 08:20 PM

1. Denver, Seattle 97
3. New England 95
4. New Orleans 94.5
5. Green Bay 94

32. Jacksonville 81
31. Oakland 84
I'm surprised you don't have the Vikings in the bottom five. Geez they even lost to a bad Cleveland team. Kansas City may be interesting this year now that they have a QB who is not a turnover machine. There "d" is ok and young.

precocity
09-24-2013, 08:28 PM
92ish.

FWIW, I do not make bets based on my power ratings. I use them as a handicapping tool to determine a team's strength of schedule. I tend to think of a team as a 93 or 89 instead of their win loss record, which is often misleading.

I also probably would readjust both Denver and Seattle up a notch to 98.

that defence of the cowboys are going to to put some whoopings on teams!!!

proximity
09-24-2013, 09:04 PM
i'm just going to assume you have the colts 6th with a 93.5. :D

Valuist
09-24-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm surprised you don't have the Vikings in the bottom five. Geez they even lost to a bad Cleveland team. Kansas City may be interesting this year now that they have a QB who is not a turnover machine. There "d" is ok and young.

Ratings don't change too much from week to week. I don't move a team any more than 2 pts up or down to avoid overreacting to the most recent game. The Vikings did lose to a bad Cleveland team but they led the Bears in the closing seconds in Chicago. But the Forty Niners were my top rated team before the season and they are now out of the top 5.

Valuist
10-02-2013, 11:25 AM
thru week 4:

The good:
1. Denver 100
2. Seattle 97.5
3. New Orleans 96
4. New England 95
San Fran 95

The bad:
32. Jacksonville 80
31. Oakland 84
30. St. Louis 85
28. Arizona 86
Giants/Jets 86

BetHorses!
10-02-2013, 02:01 PM
thru week 4:

The good:
1. Denver 100
2. Seattle 97.5
3. New Orleans 96
4. New England 95
San Fran 95

The bad:
32. Jacksonville 80
31. Oakland 84
30. St. Louis 85
28. Arizona 86
Giants/Jets 86

The only thing I might argue is the Bills replace the Jets at bottom

A few lines surprise me this week. Ravens Pats and Saints I have ranked better than their opponents before factoring home field

Stillriledup
10-02-2013, 02:06 PM
thru week 4:

The good:
1. Denver 100
2. Seattle 97.5
3. New Orleans 96
4. New England 95
San Fran 95

The bad:
32. Jacksonville 80
31. Oakland 84
30. St. Louis 85
28. Arizona 86
Giants/Jets 86

N.E. has lost woolfork for the season and they were essentially lucky to beat Buffalo and NYJ. Their last win was more impressive as they beat a "Real" team, but to me, the jury is out on these guys.

Valuist
10-02-2013, 03:42 PM
N.E. has lost woolfork for the season and they were essentially lucky to beat Buffalo and NYJ. Their last win was more impressive as they beat a "Real" team, but to me, the jury is out on these guys.

Yes, going forward they could fall due to Wilfork being out. But the power rating is backward looking; based on what they've done, not necessarily on what they will do.

Stillriledup
10-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Yes, going forward they could fall due to Wilfork being out. But the power rating is backward looking; based on what they've done, not necessarily on what they will do.

Gotcha.

And yes, its Wilfork and not "woolfork" had a brain fart.

Fyi, Vince is a harness/horse racing fan, here's a great interview with him for those of you who want to get to know the big man in the middle for New England, he loves racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClTZPbK_c3Q

Rookies
10-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Mine:

1. Broncos
2. Sea Hags
3. San Fran

4. Saints
5. Lions

I don't care about the Trailer Trash on the bottom, but if Jax keeps on going the way they have been, they'll be out on a Modell rail mid winter and headed to LA, TO or London, U.K.!:lol:

Robert Fischer
10-03-2013, 03:13 AM
thru week 4:

The good:
1. Denver 100
2. Seattle 97.5
3. New Orleans 96
4. New England 95
San Fran 95

The bad:
32. Jacksonville 80
31. Oakland 84
30. St. Louis 85
28. Arizona 86
Giants/Jets 86

always enjoy reading yours Valuist

Fischer's
And although our lists are much the same, I'm projecting with mine, (looking forward).

1. Denver 97
2. New England 94
3. New Orleans 94
4.Seattle 93
5. San Fran 91
6. Green Bay 91
11+ Kansas City Chiefs

Bottom 3
The bad:
32. Jacksonville 75!
31. Tampa 82
30. St. Louis 82

OF NOTE = Green Bay Packers still competing for top-5 in spite of 1-2 start. This is still an elite team with a high-tech coaching staff.
Kansas City Chiefs still not a top 10 team in spite of starting 4-0. Nice turnaround guys, enjoy your 15min.

Valuist
10-03-2013, 10:03 AM
always enjoy reading yours Valuist

Fischer's
And although our lists are much the same, I'm projecting with mine, (looking forward).

1. Denver 97
2. New England 94
3. New Orleans 94
4.Seattle 93
5. San Fran 91
6. Green Bay 91
11+ Kansas City Chiefs

Bottom 3
The bad:
32. Jacksonville 75!
31. Tampa 82
30. St. Louis 82

OF NOTE = Green Bay Packers still competing for top-5 in spite of 1-2 start. This is still an elite team with a high-tech coaching staff.
Kansas City Chiefs still not a top 10 team in spite of starting 4-0. Nice turnaround guys, enjoy your 15min.

I agree regarding Green Bay. Most fans only look at win/loss records and think they are the "end all". Maybe for the players and fans, but not bettors.

Having said that, no easy cover for them this week. GB's weakness defensively is stopping the pass, and Detroit is quite adept at that. Offensively, even though GB has run better this year, they still want to throw, and the Lions have been very good against the pass. IMO, the best stat for pass defense isn't yardage allowed but QB rating against. Opposing QBs have a rating of 69.4 against the Lions, which is 5th best in the NFL.

Stillriledup
10-08-2013, 06:12 AM

Great call. :ThmbUp:

Valuist
11-06-2013, 05:44 PM
The teams I had in my top 5 after week 4 are basically all there:

1. Denver 99.5
2. San Fran 96.5
3. Seattle 96
4. New England 95
New Orleans 95
Indianapolis 95

Sorry Chiefs fans. On the outside looking in due to (lack of) strength of schedule (same goes for Carolina).

Bettowin
11-06-2013, 10:44 PM

1. Denver 99.5
2. San Fran 96.5
3. Seattle 96
4. New England 95
New Orleans 95
Indianapolis 95

Sorry Chiefs fans. On the outside looking in due to (lack of) strength of schedule (same goes for Carolina).

Bogus without the Vikings:)

BetHorses!
11-07-2013, 06:40 AM

1. Denver 99.5
2. San Fran 96.5
3. Seattle 96
4. New England 95
New Orleans 95
Indianapolis 95

Clearly Chiefs weakest sched but the top 3 all have relatively weak SOS

Just sayin

Valuist
11-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Clearly Chiefs weakest sched but the top 3 all have relatively weak SOS

Just sayin

According to TeamRankings.com, Seattle's SoS is 18th, which is mid pack. New England is the team, besides KC and Carolina, that have benefited from a weak schedule. KC is 30th, New England 29th, San Fran is 27th and Denver 24th, so nobody at the top has had a tough schedule.

Valuist
11-10-2013, 03:02 PM
I had finally elevated the Colts to top 5 (actually tied for 5th). It looks like a year and a half of winning while getting out-statted finally caught up with them.

Robert Fischer
11-11-2013, 10:59 AM
How hurt is Manning ?

Is this a minor setback or the end of his career ?

Valuist
11-11-2013, 12:14 PM
How hurt is Manning ?

Is this a minor setback or the end of his career ?

We know its enough for him to get an MRI. Its going to be interesting; the Chiefs have faced quite a few weak QBs, and Denver has feasted upon weak defenses.