PDA

View Full Version : 09-04-13 MEADOWS Live

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Here we go again.
Race 1
Going with Sterling Cordelia (# 1) 7/2 who appears to be the fastest and given the class drop and post position should be in the thick of things from the beginning to the end. Going with two keys underneath for the exotics. Gadsen Hanover (# 4) who also is on the class drop from sire stakes to nw/1. The shipper from Red Mile Checkout Terror (# 7) who is the only one who has won a race to date but has faced much weaker company.

50 cent super
1/4,7/4,7/all
1/4,7/all/47

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Here we go again.
Race 1
Going with Sterling Cordelia (# 1) 7/2 who appears to be the fastest and given the class drop and post position should be in the thick of things from the beginning to the end. Going with two keys underneath for the exotics. Gadsen Hanover (# 4) who also is on the class drop from sire stakes to nw/1. The shipper from Red Mile Checkout Terror (# 7) who is the only one who has won a race to date but has faced much weaker company.

50 cent super
1/4,7/4,7/all
1/4,7/all/47
So much for wager but at least I picked the right horse on top. Expected a little more out of Palone's horse but that one was empty once hitting the backstretch. The (# 4) ran its heart out and lost out to the (# 2) who was at a nice price of 25/1. Looking back one can always see things that weren't apparent prior to the race.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Glams K (# 7) 9/2
I am still waiting for the first win of Bruce Riegle barn since the layoff to redo the track surface. He did have two seconds that I recall from yesterday. Super Swifty (# 6) 3/1. This one appeared to be getting stronger with each race. If she stayed on course in her training she just might be a hand full for Glams K. I think the best bet here would be to box these two in the exacta.

$2 Ex Bx 6-7

$2 Ex
7/1,2,5,6

$1 Ex
1,2,5,6/7

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Fits Well (# 4) 5/2
Anytime Palone selects a horse other than a Burke entry, go with Palone. Burke's horse, Americangirlfriend (# 7) should take off for the lead and then let Palone go and take a two hole trip. Just going to play $2 across and a $1 ex bx given the losses sustained earlier today's first two races.

Ray2000
09-04-2013, 01:22 PM
I can't be around this afternoon Bobby, but here are my exacta plays, might be some value in there somewhere... :)

Good Luck with your picks.

Key box Exactas
R5......#5 P L Dragon 6/1............ w/7,6,1
R6......#2 Boca Boca 5/1............... 2-6 box
R9......#5 Art'S Shadow 20/1....... w/2,3,4
R11.....#6 Foolish Attempt 12/1.... w/1,8,7

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Glams K (# 7) 9/2
I am still waiting for the first win of Bruce Riegle barn since the layoff to redo the track surface. He did have two seconds that I recall from yesterday. Super Swifty (# 6) 3/1. This one appeared to be getting stronger with each race. If she stayed on course in her training she just might be a hand full for Glams K. I think the best bet here would be to box these two in the exacta.

$2 Ex Bx 6-7

$2 Ex
7/1,2,5,6

$1 Ex
1,2,5,6/7
Did not pan out as I thought. The 6 was third and the 7 got a check in fifth.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 01:27 PM
I can't be around this afternoon Bobby, but here are my exacta plays, might be some value in there somewhere... :)

Key box Exactas
Thank you Ray...

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Nothing in here is grabbing my attention. Races like this I usually pass or play a set of numbers. Here I will play by numbers for trotters.

$1 Ex
4/1,2,5
1,2,5/4

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Fits Well (# 4) 5/2
Anytime Palone selects a horse other than a Burke entry, go with Palone. Burke's horse, Americangirlfriend (# 7) should take off for the lead and then let Palone go and take a two hole trip. Just going to play $2 across and a $1 ex bx given the losses sustained earlier today's first two races.
The (# 7) just could not get up for second and Fits Well was in control throughout at 1/9. No money to be made here.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Pair A Dice (# 6) 5/1
In a field where most are front running style I went with the pure closer. I am hoping that Transcending (class of the field) will come up a little short. The front end types probably will let Palone float out to the lead and try to set his own fractions. He came up short at Hoosier Park last time he raced and if that occurs once again, (# 6) will be flying from the clouds in the lane. I think $5 across the board and a $3 exacta box 6-7 might be the play.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Nothing in here is grabbing my attention. Races like this I usually pass or play a set of numbers. Here I will play by numbers for trotters.

$1 Ex
4/1,2,5
1,2,5/4
Hindsight is 20/20 so I should of played the trifecta but I hate that 35percent tax (retention rate) on all tri's at the Meadows.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Coronations K (# 9) 12/1
I might not be correct but at least I am consistent. I am still waiting for Bruce Riegle's first win since the layoff. Last year he was on fire, this year has yet to score in five races. Randy Tharps has won at high prices before at this track as he gets little respect from the wagering public. If this one leaves for the front, he has huge shot. If he don't leave, I will be throwing away money. $2 across on this one.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Pair A Dice (# 6) 5/1
In a field where most are front running style I went with the pure closer. I am hoping that Transcending (class of the field) will come up a little short. The front end types probably will let Palone float out to the lead and try to set his own fractions. He came up short at Hoosier Park last time he raced and if that occurs once again, (# 6) will be flying from the clouds in the lane. I think $5 across the board and a $3 exacta box 6-7 might be the play.
Wow, there was no letting up on Transcending as Pair A Dice went second over and was in contention when they hit the lane but Palone had a lot more horse in him. After a 27:3 third quarter one would think the horse would be tired but not on this day. Pair A Dice turned up snake eyes and faded to fourth. You can't beat Burke's when they come home in 54:4 at this track.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Coronations K (# 9) 12/1
I might not be correct but at least I am consistent. I am still waiting for Bruce Riegle's first win since the layoff. Last year he was on fire, this year has yet to score in five races. Randy Tharps has won at high prices before at this track as he gets little respect from the wagering public. If this one leaves for the front, he has huge shot. If he don't leave, I will be throwing away money. $2 across on this one.
At least I got my heart pumping when Coronation K gained the lead and the two hole horse broke as they hit the second turn with Coronation K going off at 45/1. But as most of that price, he backed up like a garbage truck on the backside to finish 8th.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Pop Cop (# 3) 5/1
THis one looks to be in the right place and at the right time. Notice that I finally got off the Bruce Riegle express that I have been riding. I think Keying the (# 3) over a few, including Riegle's (# 1) is the way to go.

$2 Ex
3/1,2,4,5

$1 Ex
1,2,4,5/3
-------------------------
Race 8
Beach Story (# 2) 8/1
Duke (Doug Snyder) had his horses sharp for yesterday's races. I cannot see why this one could not also bet sharp.
Just a hunch play but thinking to catch a big one.
$1 Ex
2/all
$1 Ex
All/2

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Race 9
Our Crown (# 2) 3/1
Randy Bendis has had his horses ready yesterday also. THis one has shipped over from Pokie to race back at home after the claim. He is as fast as any in here. I am drawn to the (# 9) Vintage Art who has been racing on the Ohio Fair circuit and put in a decent effort in an overnight event at Nfld. His early speed should give him a forward racing position and should be part of the mix.

Just going with across the board as other than the nine, I can see a reason for using most of these on the ticket. In times like that, I usually double up on the win bet.

$4 Win #2, $2 p/s # 2
----------------------
Race 10
Another trot race that I have no fell for, using both of my trotting numbers here:

$1 Ex
2,4/1,2,4,5

$1 Ex
1,2,4,5/2,4

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Pop Cop (# 3) 5/1
THis one looks to be in the right place and at the right time. Notice that I finally got off the Bruce Riegle express that I have been riding. I think Keying the (# 3) over a few, including Riegle's (# 1) is the way to go.

$2 Ex
3/1,2,4,5

$1 Ex
1,2,4,5/3
I can't beat Palone on a Burke horse when he has the lead and comes home in 54:4. I now recall the reason I stopped betting this track. Pop Cop at least came in third.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Race 11
Chariot Of Fire (# 1) 12/1
This one put in a nice effort from the nine hole when he last raced. That race was against who I think will be favored in here in Mystery Island (# 7) 2/1. Think this one has a huge shot to upset.
Ex Box 1-7 and (# 1) across the board.

===========
Race 12
Pembroke Snapshot (# 2) 5/2
This one looks to be the fastest and given the inside post should be the one to beat. You have to like Duke's horse, Alleigh Girl (# 3) 3/1 just based on the form and knowing Duke's stable has been hot since returning.

AS much as I hate betting tri's at this track, this looks like the time to play it.
Tri
2/3/all
2/all/3

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Race 8
Beach Story (# 2) 8/1
Duke (Doug Snyder) had his horses sharp for yesterday's races. I cannot see why this one could not also bet sharp.
Just a hunch play but thinking to catch a big one.
$1 Ex
2/all
$1 Ex
All/2
Duke went first up on the backside and had the favorite and Palone on his back. Seemed to be totally out if it and so was Palone when they hit the lane. When the (# 7) with Dan Rawlings found the front Duke went to work in the lane and was able to pass about four horses to gain the place and be second on my exacta ticket.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Tug River Claude (# 4) 6/1
I am going with this one over the (# 2) Hickory Big Red based solely on this one seems to be a little stronger on the engine and Brian Zendt's liking to race in the pocket when confronted with a faster front runner.

Again I hate the trifecta retention rate of 35 percent but this seems to be the logical play.
Tri
4-2-all
4-all-2

Ex Bx
2-4

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Race 9
Our Crown (# 2) 3/1
Randy Bendis has had his horses ready yesterday also. THis one has shipped over from Pokie to race back at home after the claim. He is as fast as any in here. I am drawn to the (# 9) Vintage Art who has been racing on the Ohio Fair circuit and put in a decent effort in an overnight event at Nfld. His early speed should give him a forward racing position and should be part of the mix.

Just going with across the board as other than the nine, I can see a reason for using most of these on the ticket. In times like that, I usually double up on the win bet.

$4 Win #2, $2 p/s # 2

$1 Ex
1,2,4,5/2,4
First over move with a powerful brush was able to carry easily to the wire.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Race 10
Another trot race that I have no feel for, using both of my trotting numbers here:

$1 Ex
2,4/1,2,4,5

$1 Ex
1,2,4,5/2,4
The 2 was scratched and had no success

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Going with the Late Double to end this day of racing.

Race 14
with
Race 15

Also like the cold 1-9 a few times more in the Late DD.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Race 11
Chariot Of Fire (# 1) 12/1
This one put in a nice effort from the nine hole when he last raced. That race was against who I think will be favored in here in Mystery Island (# 7) 2/1. Think this one has a huge shot to upset.
Ex Box 1-7 and (# 1) across the board.

Went first up on the backside and although could not catch the leader, went hard into a horse that did not figure to be on the lead. Second place is almost as good as first.
I think I should have went 1-all and all-1 but like I stated earlier, hindsight is 20/20.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Race 12
Pembroke Snapshot (# 2) 5/2
This one looks to be the fastest and given the inside post should be the one to beat. You have to like Duke's horse, Alleigh Girl (# 3) 3/1 just based on the form and knowing Duke's stable has been hot since returning.

AS much as I hate betting tri's at this track, this looks like the time to play it.
Tri
2/3/all
2/all/3
(# 2) went straight to the lead as soon as the gate opened with Alleigh Girl sitting in the third spot as they hit the first turn. Snapshot did not have enough to hold off the pocket sitter who got by easily in the lane.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 04:41 PM

Key box Exactas
Great call on Foolish Attempt. Should have listened to you as I was all over the (# 1) Chariot Of Fire and got second. Had the 1-7 boxed. Thank you again Ray.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Tug River Claude (# 4) 6/1
I am going with this one over the (# 2) Hickory Big Red based solely on this one seems to be a little stronger on the engine and Brian Zendt's liking to race in the pocket when confronted with a faster front runner.

Again I hate the trifecta retention rate of 35 percent but this seems to be the logical play.
Tri
4-2-all
4-all-2

Ex Bx
2-4
Anytime a driver leaves and sits third and fails to move while laying almost at a 90 degree angle to the horse, he is not trying to win. Tug River Claude was basically choked out of this race and finished off the ticket. Remember this horse as it appears that he did not desire to be part of this ticket. They just may roll him next out. Brian Zendt got up after sitting in fifth place early. Here is another reason I left harness racing for greyhounds. IN harness racing, they're not always going.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 05:15 PM

Race 14
with
Race 15

Race 14 results
Palone laid back most of the race and came out in the last turn to follow Wilder to complete the exacta. First half of the DD has been won. Three shots to connect.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-04-2013, 05:28 PM

Race 14
with
Race 15

Race 15 Results
I needed one of the 1,4 and 9 to win the second race to complete my Late Daily Double. The Probables were:
10-1 $219.60
10-4 $49.60
10-9 $276.80

Palone leaves to gain the early control but lets the (# 2) take the lead. When the (# 4) made a power move up the backstretch, Palone was in jail and could not get out until the passing lane but the damage was done as the (# 4) went on to win it in the easiest of ways. Although it was the smallest of three payouts, it is a win nonetheless.

Might be back tomorrow or not. We will see.