PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga 150th

burnsy
09-03-2013, 12:18 PM
At 50 years old, 6 and 1/2 weeks of fun goes by in an instance. An old friend of mine thats not around any more once told me......"Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer to the end you get the faster it goes by." As for the summers up here truer words could not be spoken.

The weather was spectacular and so was the racing. Johnny v made Saratoga winning history. Wise Dan and Royal Delta proved their mettle winning at the "graveyard of favorites". Laughing and Princess of Sylmar each won twice. We even posssibly saw a budding star in Strong Mandate yesterday as he won in a romp of the Hopeful.

With all the ups of Saratoga there were some downs.......horse racing is like real life, its not just a game. There was the break down of Saginaw, the injury to Joel Rosario and a Travers "buzzer" controversy. Nothing in life is perfect....even in horse racing.

But as usual i had a ball, this year i made a little money and i'm still around able to write about it.....thats a true trifecta in my eyes....because, hopefully, i'll be around next year to do it all over again!

gheuks
09-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Saratoga is something that every racing fan MUST experience. Spent last week there and there is nothing else like it.

raybo
09-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Although I'm not a big race track goer, doing all of my playing from home, I have always wanted to visit the NYRA tracks, just to see what all the noise is about. My daughter moved to Manhattan earlier this year and I thought I might have a reason to visit the area, and do some sightseeing, Aqu, Bel, Sar. However, she soon transferred to the midwest, so I guess I'll just have to continue to "not know".