PDA

View Full Version : SA Sun

SAL
03-07-2004, 03:23 PM
Santa Anita picks for Sunday:

R1 - #2 Beach Pizza-Wow, the pace should be hot in this heat. Unfortunately, the ML favorite is the only one that looks like he can survive a contested pace. I may be wrong, but this race will be a good one to watch.

R2 - #7 Pure Pride-Showed signs of life at big odds last time out on a surface he wasn’t really bred for. May gun for lead here and he’s bred to get the trip.

R3 - #2 T.H. Lear-No one hotter than Mitchell off the claim right now. And he looks like lone speed to boot. No price is the drawback, will probably be watching this one too.

R4 - #1 Melanyhasthepapers-Hmm. The ML favorite has run twice. Been odds on twice. Been beaten twice. No thanks. This runner got an easy second last time, probably came up short off the sparse work tab. Has had a good work since and should get good early position here.

R5 - #10 Potri Star-Has run well enough on the turf in the past for me to take a shot with her here. Barn does well with route/sprint types, I expect her to be rolling late.

R6 - #6 Trac Bound-Does he deserve to be 30-1 on the ML? Barn has done extremely well with limited starters and that last 5f work looks scary. I definitely will have some cash on this one somehow.

R7 - #11 Salcombe-Frankel can’t keep taking these races forever, so this runner is my pick. Ran well last year at the shorter distances. Trainer good with layoffs.

R8 - #8 Kela-Moves into a very hot barn. Has run well off layoffs and at this distance in the past.

R9 - #1 On the Q Tea-Drops to bottom and stretches out. Prime spot for a send job by Nakatani.