PDA

View Full Version : iggy puglisi

tonypp
09-02-2013, 08:58 PM
whats the story behind this guy.I know he was injured,but there has to be more to the story.Thanks

v j stauffer
09-03-2013, 02:21 AM
whats the story behind this guy.I know he was injured,but there has to be more to the story.Thanks

Hardworking talented guy. Like many others struggles for mounts on what's arguably the toughest circuit jockey wise in the land. Short fields also make things rough. Could win a ton of races on an easier playing field. Good family man. Very nice guy. Pretty darn good Hold Em player.

JustRalph
09-03-2013, 03:06 AM
I thought he was pretty good on TVG

Years back......

Greyfox
09-03-2013, 04:58 AM
Hardworking talented guy. Like many others struggles for mounts on what's arguably the toughest circuit jockey wise in the land. Short fields also make things rough. Could win a ton of races on an easier playing field. Good family man. Very nice guy. Pretty darn good Hold Em player.

He may be a nice guy, but he's an "anchor" when riding many horses.
His height seems to dictate that he needs to ride with his arse high in the air.
As a result his body acts like a parachute brake.
A parachute may be fine for training football players, but it seriously impedes most horses chances.
Except for Paul Aguirre he wouldn't have gotten many mounts at all over the years. The colony is just too tough for that riding style to attract many other trainers. He's a marginal rider at best.

tonypp
09-05-2013, 10:48 PM
if that's the case, jp Obrien has the exact same riding style,same size and frame.