PDA

View Full Version : What should the punishment be?

chrisforbes
09-02-2013, 10:47 AM
If you were a state stetward in the state of NY and Guillot's claim of Luis Saez using a "machine" during the running of the Travers Stakes was found to be not gulity, what punishment would you give Guillot?

Now if Saez, was found gulity, what would the punishment be?

Also if you were the head of the NY Racing Commission, what action would you take.

FYI

If you are suspended by the stewards, you can't enter and run horses in any other jurisdiction until your suspension is up and if you are fined, until the fine is paid. During your suspension/unpaid fine you are not allowed on the grounds of any racetrack. I know all about the "paper trainer" crap that goes on and also if a "paper trainer" was found guilty, what punishment would you hand out?

If any state racing commisson takes away your license for any amount of time or forever, you will not be granted a license in any state of the US. The ban applys to all 50 states in the US.

Both jurisdictions can hand out fines/suspensions due to the the stewards be the racetrack and the commission being the entire state of ny.

chris forbes

TheEdge07
09-02-2013, 11:09 AM
If Saez was found guilty then lifetime ban..unless he plans to return $ then impose lifetime ban.

Grits
09-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Chris, look in the search box.

Each of the questions you've asked have been discussed by these gentlemen at great length for years and years. They're many threads. ;)

PhantomOnTour
09-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Billy Patin got 5yrs for zapping Valhol in the 1999 Arky Derby

Guillot's punishment should be losing his job.

OntheRail
09-02-2013, 12:43 PM

If Saez is not charged... due to lack of evidence.

Why should he (Guillot) be out of his job... this would deter others from saying anything in the future. The Overseeing body should thank him for bring it to their attention. Guillot should (A) Thank them for looking into the matter or (B) say nothing and drop it as DONE.

But no, punishing is not the right action for someone pointing out a oddity.

PhantomOnTour
09-02-2013, 12:50 PM
If Saez is not charge... due to lack of evidence.

Why should he (Guillot) be out of his job... this would deter others from saying anything in the future. The Overseeing body should thank him for bring it to their attention. Guillot should (A) Thank them for looking into the matter or (B) say nothing and drop it as DONE.

But no punishing is not the right action for someone pointing out a oddity.
I have no idea what you are trying to say here, esp your first and last sentences.

If the evidence completely absolves Saez of any wrongdoing I would fire Guillot if I were his boss.
The NYRA should not take action against Guillot no matter how this turns out...but his personal employer should can him in my opinion if he turns out to be wrong.

OntheRail
09-02-2013, 12:55 PM
I have no idea what you are trying to say here, esp your first and last sentences.

If the evidence completely absolves Saez of any wrongdoing I would fire Guillot if I were his boss.
The NYRA should not take action against Guillot no matter how this turns out...but his personal employer should can him in my opinion if he turns out to be wrong.

Yes, I agree. I guess what I'm trying to say is if the employer wants to let him go that's one thing , but for the racing commission to pull the guy's license or fine him would send the wrong message.

Stillriledup
09-02-2013, 01:37 PM

I agree with OTR, racing has a transparency problem, we don't need "whistleblowers" to keep quiet for fear of retribution, we have enough of that going on in the real world.

PhantomOnTour
09-02-2013, 01:41 PM
I agree with OTR, racing has a transparency problem, we don't need "whistleblowers" to keep quiet for fear of retribution, we have enough of that going on in the real world.
There's a huge difference btw filing a complaint and crying bloody murder like Guillot did...he said things that go way beyond the filing of a complaint.
Notice how Lukas is reacting...with class and limited comment...letting the process play out.

EDIT:
Guillot refers to Saez and/or Lukas as "rats"
He then comments on how the jock switch after the Jim Dandy was "suspicious"...wtf does that have to do with whether Saez had a buzzer or not?

Stillriledup
09-02-2013, 01:45 PM
There's a huge difference btw filing a complaint and crying bloody murder like Guillot did...he said things that go way beyond the filing of a complaint.
Notice how Lukas is reacting...with class and limited comment...letting the process play out.

EDIT:
Guillot refers to Saez and/or Lukas as "rats"

Maybe Guillot just filed the complaint quietly and someone got a hold of the info and leaked it to the press? If he cried bloody murder than i agree with you, there was no reason for him to make a stink about this process. Just file, keep your trap closed and let the process take over is what he should have done.

v j stauffer
09-03-2013, 02:25 AM
They very things that make our country so great. Are the things that can make it maddening.

Robert Goren
09-03-2013, 07:51 AM
In a month, nobody will remember the whole thing. Let it go. "Buzzing" horses is pretty far down the list of racing's problems.