PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga: Sept. 1, 2013

Teach
09-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Race One:

In the Speedboat, I’m going to take a shot with a horse I suspect will be a medium long shot, :8: Abaco. Yes, the Giant’s Causeway-bred mare has been away from the races since mid April; however, the mare's morning works have been good. The Hall of Famer, John Velazquez, is in the irons for the most capable “Shug” McGaughey.

Also: :7: ,:4: ,:5:

Race Two:

Maiden-special on the turf. :8: Illapa ran into more stop-and-go traffic in his last than rush hour on the L.I.E. A cleaner trip and Joe Rocco, Jr. can boot this Rock Hard Ten-bred filly home for trainer Nick Zito (very good with second grass races).

Also: :10: ,:6: ,:1:

Race Three:

:3: Our Emerald Forest is my pick here. Like both the gelding’s breeding and the fact that he’s drawn inside. This may be a reach, but I believe this is an anything-can happen race. Looking for value.

Also: :8: ,:4: ,:1:

Race Four:

Saint Pete draws the rail; solid turf background. May be out and winging? Javier Castellano for Dominick Galluscio.

Also: :12: ,:8: ,:3:

Race Five:

“It’s delightful, It’s delicious. It’s delectable, it’s delirious.It’s dilemma, it’s delimit, it’s deluxe. It’s de-lovely”…It’s D’wildcat. It’s :1: d’Princess. Talk about wet-track breeding! If the track has retained any moisture (I suspect it has) this filly should benefit. Javier Castellano for Jason Servis.

Also: :5: ,:6: ,:4:

Race Six:

:12: Al’s Rosie should benefit from a race that has been taken off the turf and run on the main track. Javier Castellano for Bruce Levine. The filly’s Notebook breeding says she should handle the turf.

Also: :2: ,:4: ,:9:

Race Seven:

:3: Courageous Julie has solid off-track pedigree; can surprise. D. Wayne Lukas is very good with maiden-specials.

Also: :10: ,:5: ,:8:

Race Eight:

:4: Lady Nitro is capable of taking this one. Solid turf pedigree. A second and third in two tries on the lawn. Junior Alvarado for Ramon Preciado.

Also: :1: ,:5: ,:2:

Race Nine:

In The Saranac, I like :1: Notacatbutallama. The colt has won three straight. Can make it four in a row. John Velazquez for Todd Pletcher.

Also: :3: ,:2: ,:6:

Race Ten:

In The Spinaway, I like :9: Sweet Whisky. Broke her maiden at first asking. Solid pedigree. Outside post. John Velazquez for Todd Pletcher.

Also: :6: ,:2: ,:5:

Race Eleven:

My choice is a likely long shot, :5: Kid Sydney. I like the wet-track breeding, e.g., Leomondrop Kid. Joe Rocco, Jr. for Randy Morse.

Also: :1: ,:4: ,:7:

Race Twelve:

:10: Work n Flirt is my choice. Like his wet-track pedigree, e.g., Street Cry. I believe she has a shot from her outside post.

Also: :3: ,:2: ,:4: