PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR SAT. 08/31

MeSlew
08-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Hello All! For Saturday 8/31, here are the tracks and races for Slew's Fast Horses:

Monmouth - 1,3,4,6,8,10
Gulfstream - 7
Woodbine - 4,7,8,10
Calder - 2,8
Arlington - 2,5,9,11
Del Mar - 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11
Saratoga - 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10,11,12
Parx - 6,7

A very full plate on this final day of August, 2013. Hard to believe...if you ask me.

WASSERMAN BOWS TENDON, RETIRES AS LEADING EARNER - A happy goodbye to a Slew favorite.

Saturday's Woodward appears to be falling apart just a bit with the loss of Fort Larned and Cross Traffic from the race. Makes it look more and more as if Paynter gets a pass if he is anywhere near his game.

We have two Key Horses running as well:

Za Approval - SAR ( 8) GP 12/08/12 # 5
Wasted At Midnight - DMR (11) DMR 08/05/12 # 6

In addition to Za Approval being our Key Horse in the Bernard Baruch Handicap, he is also top dog on Slew's list. At 3-1 on the ML he is certainly a contender. He earned Slew's kudos on his 12/8/2012 second place finish behind Big Blue Kitten. BBK has since won 2 AOC warmup races, placed 2nd in the Gr. II Monmouth Stakes, then won both the United Nations Gr. I and the Sword Dancer Gr. I. Za has also had a good run winning his next race at Gulfstream Park, then winning 2 Gr. III stakes and placing 2nd in the Shoemaker Mile at Hollywood Park. He ran behind Obviously who came back to win the Del Mar Mile on 8/25.

Like your mom always said: It's the company you keep.

Wasted At Midnight is competing in her 4th race, two at the MSW level and one Gr. I stake. That stake, on 9/1/12 precipitated a 10 month layoff, from which she returned to run 3rd on 7/21. She has been tabbed as a 7/2 wager by the odds maker at Del Mar for this contest. She appears to have some run and should be tighter for this one. Take a look if you play the maidens.

Having played at Saratoga, I now have to pay the piper, as I will be working all weekend while my compatriots get their turn. But you my friend, will be watching the races, and participating in the action. I'll get home about the time of the Woodward, and will have bet a pick 3 into the race, as I often do when I cannot wager responsibly at the track or at home.

Should I be alive, I'll be looking for Paynter to to his thing. The problem will be his price, and I'll be happy to hit the pick and get out alive. Being Saratoga, I'll count on a payoff at a premium, even if it is less than $100. I am prepared for that eventuality.

It is my warmup for the fall meet at beautiful Belmont Park!

And of course, you know by now that you are welcome to go to the Slew website using the link below and download Saturday's file.

Enjoy the final Saturday racing at Saratoga for 2013...good luck and good 'capping!