View Full Version : Nineteen Length Winner....DQ'd

nijinski
08-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Delaware Park Race 2 winner , Prestons Princess wins by over 19
lengths and DQ'd to last .

It looks like from the chart , the winner wiped out a few at the start,
One rider was unseated .

I've neer seen this before , has to be rare , or I'm thinking the stewards
really felt the jock was wreckless out of the gate .
Anyone watch this?

notoutofpounds
08-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Definitely not something you see everyday, thanks for posting. The :4: bangs into the :3: then the :3: hits the :2: and the rider of the :2: hits the ejector seat button.

Jeff P
08-29-2013, 08:27 PM
I watched it.

The #4 horse did come in a bit at the start. The #3 horse reacted and likewise came in - brushing with the #2.

Watching the head on replay of the incident, I was kind of surprised that the rider of the #2 came off the horse. (I've seen plenty of similar incidents at the start where the rider stays on.)

They spent a lot of time looking at it. But since the rider came off, they likely didn't have much choice according to the rules. I feel badly for any bettor who had the #4. She was fit and ready. In my opinion, a DQ was the only way she loses that race.

-jp

nijinski
08-29-2013, 08:29 PM
and the 2 was slightly favored over the 4 .

wiffleball whizz
08-29-2013, 08:36 PM
would this horse have been taken down at SRU downs? That's where winners get PAID!!!!!

By the way must be nice to be able to watch races in the daytime!!!!!

iceknight
08-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Delaware Park Race 2 winner , Prestons Princess wins by over 19
lengths and DQ'd to last .

It looks like from the chart , the winner wiped out a few at the start,
One rider was unseated .

I've neer seen this before , has to be rare , or I'm thinking the stewards
really felt the jock was wreckless out of the gate .
Anyone watch this? I saw this and I think ChrisLongshot was also commenting on this in his thread.. Actually I had the 4 and the 2 in a small super bet.. so either way i got screwed.. so I didnt care..

To be fair,, when I watched the headon replay on Xpressbet, it seemed to me that the :2: did not come out of the gate well, i thought Marie Capri had a stumble or a bobble.. already putting her jock a little off balance. So then you have the sideways bump delivered via the 3, but started by a very wayward :4: at the start coming out at a big angle.. and the jock on the 2 easily came off..
But I am not sure if the 4 could have been disqualified for that though.. but then.. there was not other recourse as this happened right at the start.. lucky for those who had the 5...

nijinski
08-29-2013, 08:50 PM
I saw this and I think ChrisLongshot was also commenting on this in his thread.. Actually I had the 4 and the 2 in a small super bet.. so either way i got screwed.. so I didnt care..

To be fair,, when I watched the headon replay on Xpressbet, it seemed to me that the :2: did not come out of the gate well, i thought Marie Capri had a stumble or a bobble.. already putting her jock a little off balance. So then you have the sideways bump delivered via the 3, but started by a very wayward :4: at the start coming out at a big angle.. and the jock on the 2 easily came off..
But I am not sure if the 4 could have been disqualified for that though.. but then.. there was not other recourse as this happened right at the start.. lucky for those who had the 5...

5 Wild Zumba Pedro Nazario 101.40 31.60 11.20

Early Christmas gift!

Stillriledup
08-29-2013, 09:26 PM
would this horse have been taken down at SRU downs? That's where winners get PAID!!!!!

By the way must be nice to be able to watch races in the daytime!!!!!

:D

Winners. Get. Paid.

rufus999
08-31-2013, 03:00 PM
It' not all that unusual... there can be a lot of jostling at the gate... pay attention to the head on view replays.

rufus ;)

cj
08-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Stewards are usually more lenient at the gate, but not when it comes to a rider getting unseated.