PDA

View Full Version : I am just about finished with a desktop

JustRalph
08-29-2013, 01:56 PM
If I could find a good windows tablet..............

so.cal.fan
08-30-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm sure you already know this J.R. but don't buy a HP anything.
They are a terrible product.
I have an HP laptop with Windows 7.
My HP 6510 all in one printer...just went kapoot yesterday. I bought a new one a HP6520 because I have about $100 worth of ink cartridges for it.

Okay, I got the printer set up to my wireless network. Printer works fine, except....I can't connect it to my computer. I've tried turning off firewall, the disc spins but doesn't fire any instructions on how to connect to printer.

I called the HP tech.....guess what he told me? Your computer has over 2000 virus' on it and your hard drive is weakened and going to crash, but we can fix it for just $ 349.00 for a year. Oh yeah, he told me you've also been hacked and your information stolen!
Then he wanted my credit card # I hung up.

Can you believe this scam. You call for help and they pull this.
I ran my malware antivirus long 2 hour scan, came up clean.
I use Windows Security firewall.

Good luck finding a nice little machine....I'm sure you will.

Please tell people to boycott HP.

ManU918
08-30-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm sure you already know this J.R. but don't buy a HP anything.
They are a terrible product.
I have an HP laptop with Windows 7.
My HP 6510 all in one printer...just went kapoot yesterday. I bought a new one a HP6520 because I have about $100 worth of ink cartridges for it.

Okay, I got the printer set up to my wireless network. Printer works fine, except....I can't connect it to my computer. I've tried turning off firewall, the disc spins but doesn't fire any instructions on how to connect to printer.

I called the HP tech.....guess what he told me? Your computer has over 2000 virus' on it and your hard drive is weakened and going to crash, but we can fix it for just $ 349.00 for a year. Oh yeah, he told me you've also been hacked and your information stolen!
Then he wanted my credit card # I hung up.

Can you believe this scam. You call for help and they pull this.
I ran my malware antivirus long 2 hour scan, came up clean.
I use Windows Security firewall.

Good luck finding a nice little machine....I'm sure you will.

Please tell people to boycott HP.

I am an Apple person myself... Have several iMacs, Macbook Air, iPad, iPhone, Apple tv, etc.... But last September I wanted a new laptop and I went with a HP Envy and I absolutely love it. I have had no problems at all. What antivirus software are you using?

judd
08-30-2013, 09:42 PM
like my lenova--windows 8

so.cal.fan
08-30-2013, 09:48 PM
ManU918

I'm using Malware and CCleaner and Microsoft.

I'm glad you're liking HP, but the story I told JR about their tech support was very shocking to me.
I have used Apple and PC, probably the best things are the small tablets, iPad and such.
My problem is I need a printer, I actually like my HP printer, although it sure didn't last long. You may not like your HP in another year, but I hope not for you.
Just beware of their tech support scams. Really shocking for a big company in my opinion.

HUSKER55
08-31-2013, 06:35 AM
HP printers use ink, high priced ink and a lot of it. I prefer them for pictures but for daily printing I am going to find a printer with the cheapest toner I can find

barn32
08-31-2013, 07:12 AM
Continuous Inkjet Printers (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=continuous%20inkjet%20printers)

TheEdge07
08-31-2013, 09:59 AM

ralph cant tell by pic what are they?samsung..apple?any you would recommend?

JustRalph
08-31-2013, 12:01 PM
ralph cant tell by pic what are they?samsung..apple?any you would recommend?

Check your pm

DeltaLover
08-31-2013, 12:07 PM
check the following:

https://www.system76.com/laptops/model/bonx7

https://www.system76.com/laptops/model/gazp9

PaceAdvantage
09-02-2013, 08:44 PM
If I could find a good windows tablet..............Give us your definition of a good windows tablet...

JustRalph
09-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Give us your definition of a good windows tablet...

Faster than what's out right now

Battery life comparable to an Ipad

Running a full version of windows

Expandable memory/card slot

USB ports

Good camera

MJC922
09-03-2013, 07:32 PM

The Toughpad FZ-G1 is about the best money can buy right now. If I were leaving dual monitors in my office behind and going back to the track I would probably go that route, daylight readable, rugged. Crazy expensive vs an Ipad but then I paid two grand in 96 for an entry level PC and 17 inch monitor.