PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga: Thursday, August 29

Teach
08-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Race One:

:4: Royal Fling Shot had a troubled trip in his last about a month ago. The Nijinsky II-bred gelding was hip-checked on the third fence and later bumped hard as they turned into the stretch. A better trip would all that seems necessary. Two caveats: (1) Jockey Darren Nagle fell off both his mounts last Thursday, and (2) I don’t pretend to be “The Steeplechase Guru”.

Also: :7: ;:1: ;:3:

Race Two:

:2: Take Her Tothe Top won her last, the Mrs. Phipps, at “The Spa” a few weeks ago. Anything resembling that effort and this 5 year-old Southern Halo-bred mare should find herself once again gracing the winner’s circle. Xavier Aizpuru is an excellent “jumper” pilot. Trainer Jack Fisher’s having an outstanding meet.

Also: :5: ;:3: ;:4:

Race Three:

:8: Princess Mara is my upset pick in this state-bred optional claimer at seven furlongs. The mare’s breeding seems to say turf; yet she’s experienced her best results on the dirt. This mare could do little in a turf route in her last; she may well wake up now that she's cutting back and returning to the main track. She appears, from her form, to be capable of breaking alertly from her outside post. Joe Rocco, Jr. in the irons for Gary Contessa.

Also: :1: ;:3: ;:5:

Race Four:

:8: Star Harbour, or as we say here in Boston: Stah Hahbah, takes the bar shoes off and moves to the outside. The Indian Charlie-bred horse steps down and stretches out. That could be a prescription for visit to the winner’s circle. Recent “bullet” morning work; the horse drilled four panels in :47.1 handily. Junior Alvarado for Bill Mott.

Also: :1: ;:2: ;:6:

Race Five:

:7: Off the Page just missed in this company a little over a month ago. Trainer Wesley Ward is very good with sprinters. And then, there’s owners Ken and Sarah Ramsey. Morning work-tab has been steady.

Also::2: ;:8: ;:4:

Race Six:

:5: World Premier is an off-the-wall pick in a wide-open race. Admittedly, both the jockey and trainer are having a mediocre meet. Yet… the horse did finish third in this company on the first weekend. Well…stranger things have happened. In summation: a low confidence try in an anything-can-happen race.

Also: :4: , :9: , :11:

Race Seven:

:10: Pacific Theater puts the blinkers on and moves to the outside in this turf sprint. Decent morning works. Christophe Clement is good in grass races.

Also: :6: ;:5: ;:4:

Race Eight:

:7: Coal And Ice is a high-priced first-time starter with a solid pedigree. I like Yes It’s True-bred horses in their initial starts. Trainer Steve Asmussen is good with horses in for a tag. The Tapit-bred filly might just surprise.

Also :6: ;:8: ;:2:

Race Nine:

:4: Pure Armour has won her last two on the lawn. Trainer George Weaver always catches my attention. The mare has been off for a couple months; however, if she’s reasonably ready, she should be a factor.

Also: :1: ;:9: ;:6:

Race Ten:

:7: We Miss Artie is my choice in the With Anticipation Stakes. The Puerto Rican Petardo, Senor Mucho Dinero, the Hall of Famer, John Velazquez, for the meet’s leading trainer, Todd Pletcher.

Also: :5: ,:2: ,:1:

Race Eleven

:10: Broken Trust just missed in his last on the dirt at Arlington a couple months ago. John Velazquez for trainer Wayne Catalano. The mare had won two in a row on the turf in Chi-town prior to her last start.

Also: :4: ,:5: ,:9:

The Spaniard
08-29-2013, 02:50 PM
cold superfecta in the 4th!!! :ThmbUp: :eek: :ThmbUp: