PDA

View Full Version : Going to Canterbury in 2 weeks, any opinions on the track?

cutchemist42
08-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Driving from Winnipeg to Minneapolis for baseball, but want to check out Canterbury while there. Anybody ever been and have opinions for an enjoyable afternoon?

Thanks!

Clocker
08-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Driving from Winnipeg to Minneapolis for baseball, but want to check out Canterbury while there. Anybody ever been and have opinions for an enjoyable afternoon?

Thanks!

Canterbury's last days of the season are Sept. 5-7 and 12-14. Post time is 6:30 on Thurs and Fri, 1:30 on Sat. Admission is free for these last 2 weeks.

cutchemist42
08-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Canterbury's last days of the season are Sept. 5-7 and 12-14. Post time is 6:30 on Thurs and Fri, 1:30 on Sat. Admission is free for these last 2 weeks.

What's the seating like? I noticed some seats could be bought, but is there any open seating available where I don't need to reserve? Any good food there?

Clocker
08-27-2013, 05:30 PM
What's the seating like? I noticed some seats could be bought, but is there any open seating available where I don't need to reserve? Any good food there?

Most of the grandstand is enclosed. Indoor seating overlooking the track is reserved. There are unreserved tables and chairs indoors without a view of the track where you can sit and read the Form and watch the odds on TV screens. I usually do that, then go outside to watch the race. Outdoor seating is not reserved. There are benches on the apron and ballpark style seats on the unenclosed end of the grandstand.

I have never eaten there. There are various stands for burgers or hot dogs or pizza. There are sit-down restaurants that look to be pricey. Dining. (http://www.canterburypark.com/LiveRacing/DiningOptions/tabid/87/Default.aspx)

therussmeister
08-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Ifyou are going on Saturday Sept 14, they are having a food truck festival. That is probably your best bet for food. This will be the first year in long time they ran after Labor Day. I don't know what kind of fields they will draw.