PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Picks: Wednesday, August 28

Teach
08-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Race One:

:3: Commissioner was a city block behind the field when the horses made their turn into the stretch at Monmouth earlier this month. The Seattle Slew-bred colt was no match for the eventual runaway winner, Solemnly Swear. However, this well-bred A.P. Indy-sired colt made a strong closing charge to finish second in a race won by a runaway winner. This horse can get the distance. The extra panel and proper handling would all that seems necessary for a maiden-breaking effort. The Hall of Famer, John Velazquez, for the meet's leading trainer, Todd Pletcher.

Also::6: Bold Visionary; :4: Aslan; :7: Souper Lucky

Race Two:

:7: Miss Da Point is a closer in a race with lots of early speed. That
should make this Dehere-bred filly a major player in this claiming sprint.
The filly could do little on a muddy surface in her last, her only previous race
at "The Spa". Before that, she was fourth at a mile at Belmont back in mid July. Well, she now cuts back to a distance that more suits her sprinting talent. The filly has four wins in eleven tries on a fast track.

Also::6: Start It Up; :5: Revealing Moment;:1: Talent n Passion

Race Three:

:8: Glassy Aly finished third in this general company in her last. The filly now draws outside; that may help. Very solid recent work in which she "drilled" three panels in :35.3 handily at Belmont
Third start off a layoff.

Also: :4: Ampa's Girl; :3: Rosie's Song; :5: Scienziato

Race Four:

:6: Flash Forward gets my nod in the 100K My Flag at nine panels. I
believe Flash Forward has proven that she can "get the distance". She
was second in the recent Broom Dance and fourth in the Demoiselle at Aqueduct in late November of last year. Trainer Dom Schettino is very good in non-graded stakes. A solid recent work.

Also: :3: Sister State; :4: Toasting; :5: Profetiza

Race Five:

:6: Bluegrass Flash just failed as the beaten favorite in a similar race over the lawn in his last. The Storm Cat-bred colt should be coming off the tailgate; will just need to last to prevail.

Also: :11: Cool It (if he draws in); :10: Rewrite History; :9: Blue Pigeon

Race Six:

:9: Miss Narcissist (If she draws in) looks like the horse to beat. Well bet in her last; she was fractious behind the gate. Blinkers have been added to keep her focused. With an alert start, this filly's very much a factor.
Junior Alvarado reprises his ride for trainer Linda Rice.

Also: :8: Canal Six; :7: Talk to Me; :1: Sleek

Race Seven:

:3: Viva Allegiance steps up in the claiming ranks; yet the Gone
West-bred filly should benefit from: her inner starting post, late kick,
and the services of Jose Lezcano . Trainer Christophe Clement
is very good at coming right back with horses who broke their maiden in their previous start.

Also: :10: Caribbean Beat; :9: English Rhythm; :7: Holiday's Jewel

Race Eight:

:6: Le Reine Bourbon easily won her only start. The Leroidesanimaux-bred has: impeccable turf genealogy, a solid trainer with a 37% winning record second time on the grass, and a recent sharp work to recommend her. Junior Alvarado is in the irons for trainer Chad Brown.

Also: :7: Miss Frost; :4: Candy Kitten;:1: Granny Mc's Kitten

Race Nine:

:3: Hyman Roth was as game as you can be in his last. The Street Cry-bred colt should be on or near the lead. Jose Ortiz repeats his call for trainer Mike Hushion. The colt has won three of his last four.

Also: :4: Gimme Credit; :2: Tycoon Cat;:5: Sneaky Kitten

Race Ten:

:10: Lasso now stretches out and gets the services of Cornelio Velasquez. The Rahy-bred gelding has solid turf pedigree. The gelding has hit the tote in five of six turf tries. Trainer David Jacobson is very good with horses dropping down off a claim. The added distance may be a welcome wake-up call for a trip to the winner's circle.

Also :2: Ryvit; :6: Present Course; :12: Indian Red

Teach
08-28-2013, 12:45 PM
Hi everyone from just west of Beantown, home of the first-place Boston Red Sox.

In Race One, my personal view is that the :3: , Commissioner, is still the key. The A.P. Indy-bred colt was coming like Silky Sullivan in his only race at Monmouth. In the stretch, the colt was fastest of all in the outside five path.
There should be enough speed up front to give him his chance to turn on the after-burners. Stretching out an extra panel helps. With two scratches, the horse that intrigues me, besides :7: Souper Lucky, is :8: Lieutenant Seany O. He does add blinkers; yet, I feel he's better suited for the turf (he now switches to the main track). If you're looking for a fourth horse, possibly :2:, Tall Boy.

The Spaniard
08-28-2013, 12:57 PM
R1: After two educational sprints :7: SOUPER LUCKY goes to his game: stay over a long route of ground. The favorite (3)COMMISSIONER seemed too slow for good in his debut at Monmouth.

2nd

you were a head right Teach...

Teach
08-28-2013, 01:20 PM
In Race Two, I'll stick with my first and second choices: :7: Miss Da Point with Luis Saez and :6: Start It Up with Rosie Napravnik. I'm gonna "tell it like it is" as the late, great Howard Cosell used to say: I think the #1 Talent n Passion is going to be over-bet. Yes, the horse won her last, but that was on a sloppy track that this horse is bred to enjoy; secondly, she won against a less talented field. There should be some early speed to prompt the pace and test the #1 as they push into the far turn. I'm looking for a closer. Oh, I've included :1: Talent n Passion, but I'll replace my scratched horse with :4: Liz Lemon.

The Spaniard
08-28-2013, 01:32 PM
R2: the improvement of her last workout 51.3B > 47.B (training with blinkers??) and early money put me on :4: LIZ LEMON

La billos
08-28-2013, 03:01 PM
I'll jump in for race 5: Going with the :8: and a 20 dd :8: :1:

Golf and Horses
08-28-2013, 03:08 PM
I like the :8: as well...speedy and gets the blinkers...Johnny V. stays exactas with :3:,:4:,:6:

La billos
08-28-2013, 03:15 PM
I'll jump in for race 5: Going with the :8: and a 20 dd :8: :1:

Couldn't hold on to a 20-1. Oh well

Golf and Horses
08-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Race 9
:9: Status of Forces- going for a price...exits same race as 8 and 10 and ran basically the same race as the 8
:5: Sneaky Kitten- gotta respect connections
:8: Alarmed Ndangerous - troubled trip likely hurt chances...two in a row prior
:10: Fourseventeen - also encountered trouble maybe along late for a share

Golf and Horses
08-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Race 10 - :6: Present Course :1st off the claim for Maker and the Ramsey's has worked well this meet, Castellano stays aboard.:10: Lasso strectches out 1st off claim for Jacobson