PDA

View Full Version : New England/Buffalo

Valuist
08-26-2013, 08:54 PM
With Manuel and now Kolb out for the season opener and the Bills starting a free agent off the street, the line has moved from NE -6.5 to NE -10. Ok, no surprise there. But the total is still perched at a lofty 49.5. I know some bettors are hesitant to bet a Patriots under, but this one is crying to be bet. Wouldn't be surprised to wake up tomorrow and see a 48.5. New England is seriously downgraded in receiving talent and I expect to see more Ridley and Vereen than last year. As for the Bills, it will be one heavy dose of CJ Spiller, mixed in with some Fred Jackson as the clock continues to tick. I've already locked in. Don't wait on this one.

RaceBookJoe
08-27-2013, 02:02 PM
With Manuel and now Kolb out for the season opener and the Bills starting a free agent off the street, the line has moved from NE -6.5 to NE -10. Ok, no surprise there. But the total is still perched at a lofty 49.5. I know some bettors are hesitant to bet a Patriots under, but this one is crying to be bet. Wouldn't be surprised to wake up tomorrow and see a 48.5. New England is seriously downgraded in receiving talent and I expect to see more Ridley and Vereen than last year. As for the Bills, it will be one heavy dose of CJ Spiller, mixed in with some Fred Jackson as the clock continues to tick. I've already locked in. Don't wait on this one.

Bills #1 db wont be playing either, Brady might light it up :)

horses4courses
08-27-2013, 02:15 PM

If the Pats light it up in the 1st half, bet the under big at halftime.
Pats should run the ball a lot after that, and the Bills shouldn't be scoring much.

wiffleball whizz
08-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Pats should run the ball a lot after that, and the Bills shouldn't be scoring much.

2nd half unders always a strong play

Valuist
08-27-2013, 02:32 PM

I don't expect many deep throws from Brady until he gets better acclimated to the new receivers, and/or Gronkowski comes back. And if Tuel is starting for Buffalo, Brady won't need to be bombing away.

Robert Fischer
08-27-2013, 06:11 PM
do the Pats have it easy or what in that division...

pretty much guaranteed a rested team for home-field playoff games

and these division 'rivals' don't even have a plan in place for improvement ! :D

Maximillion
08-27-2013, 07:47 PM

Belichick has shown time after time he's not shy about "running up the score" in games.Not saying I would bet the over,but if a big lead is secured early, I wouldnt be at all surprised to see NE continue to pass.

Valuist
08-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Belichick has shown time after time he's not shy about "running up the score" in games.Not saying I would bet the over,but if a big lead is secured early, I wouldnt be at all surprised to see NE continue to pass.

I would. This is a divisional road game for them, and they have a quick turnaround with another divisional game on Thursday night. The Patriots with Moss at his peak could run up scores big time, but where is the firepower now?

BetHorses!
08-28-2013, 05:07 AM
Seeing total at 49 most spots now

One reason why Valuist is successful...he frequently beats the closing number. Its still early but...

burnsy
08-28-2013, 08:11 AM
do the Pats have it easy or what in that division...

pretty much guaranteed a rested team for home-field playoff games

and these division 'rivals' don't even have a plan in place for improvement ! :D

I am a Bills fan and you may be right about that division..........but i think the entire division is the weakest in the league this year as it has been now for several years. New England beats up on the Bills, Jets and Dolphins.......thats how they get that record. In reality they are not that good either. Every year the media makes them sound like the "best" team and it has not been true for about 4 or 5 years. Yeah, they get the home field advantage but theres usually 4-6 teams better than them.....this year i can name about 4 teams off the top of my head that look WAY more promising than the Pats. They have been declining for several years and it doesn't show until they finally meet a good team....last year the Seahawks, 49ers and Ravens slapped them around pretty good. I actually think the Bills may have a chance in that division this year, but i don't see ANY of those teams going that far. Someone from the AFC East has to make it......but i wouldn't bet on any of them going far into the playoffs. New England could get home field and still get punked by someone else. Brady can't do it all, this is a team game like no other and New England has not been able to handle "pressure defense" for years now. Teams like the Ravens, 49ers, Seahawks and Giants usually eat their lunch in Bradys face.