PDA

View Full Version : Performance enhancing drugs: suspend the ban?

rufus999
08-26-2013, 10:16 AM
What if you knew what horses were juiced before a race. Would it facilitate your ability to handicap? I, for one, get extremely agitated when I see an over matched horse wire the field. I know there are untraceable pain killers on the market and I have mixed emotions about that as well. However, I'm talking about 'The Juice' here. The steroidal highball cocktails that trainers swear they never use. Would legalizing this practice improve the sport?

rufus999

chadk66
08-26-2013, 02:40 PM
nope because it'll end the careers of a ton of horses that wouldn't otherwise had it shortened. and it would turn the breeding industry upside down. Just as the issue in baseball is going to turn the hall of fame upside down.

therussmeister
08-26-2013, 05:38 PM
I, for one, get extremely excited when I see what the crowd believes is an overmatched horse thst can wire the field.

TJDave
08-26-2013, 05:51 PM
nope because it'll end the careers of a ton of horses that wouldn't otherwise had it shortened.

How about just because it's wrong?

Wrong to give potentially harmful drugs to a dumb animal in your care who doesn't know better.

Tom
08-26-2013, 09:31 PM
People that abuse the horse for a bunch are the scum of the earth, which is why I advocate lifetime bans. not only that, but the fines should equal the total pools for the race they got caught in. the owner should be held an equal partner - and if if bankrupts them and destroys their lives.....Frigging GOOD.

I could not care less what bad happens to a ballplayer who uses drugs - but horse have no choice.

When it comes to drugs, this industry is a disgrace top to bottom.

chadk66
08-26-2013, 10:28 PM
How about just because it's wrong?

Wrong to give potentially harmful drugs to a dumb animal in your care who doesn't know better.that actually goes without saying:)

chadk66
08-26-2013, 10:29 PM
People that abuse the horse for a bunch are the scum of the earth, which is why I advocate lifetime bans. not only that, but the fines should equal the total pools for the race they got caught in. the owner should be held an equal partner - and if if bankrupts them and destroys their lives.....Frigging GOOD.

I could not care less what bad happens to a ballplayer who uses drugs - but horse have no choice.

When it comes to drugs, this industry is a disgrace top to bottom.I agree 100% with everything you posted except the owners part. No way can you hold owners to that degree when they have no control what the trainer does. You will loose every owner in the business when you put that kind of exposure on their plate.

Tom
08-26-2013, 10:35 PM
That is a phony excuse - the owner has to be accountable for his employees - the trainer. If a truck driver drives drunk and kills people on the highway, the trucking company is not exempted.

The game needs responsible owners, not three blind mice trainers.

Cannon shell
08-26-2013, 10:48 PM
Trainers are rarely employees of owners. I send my owners a bill, they don't hand me a check with taxes taken out.

I do agree that owners need to take some responsibility though. Let's not play dumb and believe that owners that seek out the services of juice trainers don't know they are hiring juice trainers.

menifee
08-26-2013, 10:56 PM
That is a phony excuse - the owner has to be accountable for his employees - the trainer. If a truck driver drives drunk and kills people on the highway, the trucking company is not exempted.

The game needs responsible owners, not three blind mice trainers.

Trainers are independent contractors, not employees. If those who retain independent contractors were completely liable for their behavior, nobody would hire a painter, roofer, accountant, lawyer, trainer, etc.