PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR MON. 08/26

MeSlew
08-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Hello All! For Monday 8/26, here are the tracks and races on the silicon mind of Slew:

Saratoga - 1,4,6,7,9
Parx - 6,8

Brief thoughts, indeed.

Yesterday the Travers, today the Pacific Classic and Game On Dude. OK, so how many of you would like to see a Game On Dude vs Wise Dan steel cage match? C'mon, raise your hands. Hey you in the back...you sleepin? At any rate...he didn't wake up...Congrats to the Dude...who had his best game on today. That's for sure.

So yesterday if you put even a $2 bill (I carry several in my wallet) on a straight tri in the Balston Spa (1-2-7,8) you picked up a cool $613. Today, if you put Slew's horses under Game On Dude (how could you not) you picked up $663. Oh...you leave off the outclassed horses 1 & 3 and just use the 12,7,5 who all popped in their last race.

That's the way you use Slew to best advantage. Go back to the site and check the results page, and you will see what I mean.

For tomorrow, 2 Key Horses running:

Madame Giry - SAR ( 4) KEE 10/12/12 # 9
Screenplay - SAR ( 7) GP 01/24/13 # 9

Once again, I am very short on time so forgive the hit and run here. The Madame may not be back to top form yet, but give her a look tomorrow. She gets some pace to run into with both Rosa Salvaje and Jan's Perfect Star being confirmed front running types. Joe Rocco, Sr. gets the call for the 1st time on the Madame as conditioner Cam Gambolati misses Eddie Castro and can't seem to settle on a suitable replacement. But he stays with the light stakes sprinters and if she is healthy, she will get back to it one of these times. The odds maker agrees as she remains the slight favorite in this one.

Screenplay, now under David Jacobson who is also part owner, has not won since Keeneland. But the preeminent claiming guru doesn't risk losing this one for the 3rd race in a row, as he uses the broad scope of these OC conditions to protect his new acquisition. While a few in here look more attractive for the win, we'll keep an eye on this guy going forward. 6-1 on the ML may not be enough for the top spot, but may be useful underneath.

Enjoy the Monday racing...good luck and good 'capping!