PDA

View Full Version : P Val in the hot seat

horses4courses
08-25-2013, 07:14 PM
Pat Valenzuela has a shot at a GR2 $250K coming up at DMR R7

He's on Goldencents (currently 3-5)

Think he'll be a happy camper if he wins?

No bet here - but I'm rooting for him! :ThmbUp:

PICSIX
08-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Pat Valenzuela has a shot at a GR2 $250K coming up at DMR R7

He's on Goldencents (currently 3-5)

Think he'll be a happy camper if he wins?

:3: :9: :11: ex box

cj
08-25-2013, 07:17 PM

Everyone deserves a 17th chance?

horses4courses
08-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Everyone deserves a 17th chance?

When you're that talented, I say yes.
He's a human tragedy in horse racing.

wiffleball whizz
08-25-2013, 07:26 PM

Pat Valenzuela who makes me look like a saint and Doug o Neil with all his positives all I can say was I was happy when the 6 blew by....

Both rotten to the core

Sidenote did they pull kris krigger?

ManU918
08-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Pat Valenzuela who makes me look like a saint and Doug o Neil with all his positives all I can say was I was happy when the 6 blew by....

Both rotten to the core

His name is Kevin and the owners pulled the plug on him.

wiffleball whizz
08-25-2013, 07:28 PM
His name is Kevin and the owners pulled the plug on him.

Correct I don't know where kris came from thanks for the clarification on both issues...

speed
08-25-2013, 07:32 PM
The tragedy is that he and many others are still allowed to race. When split second decisions can take a life i am amazed that racing jurisdictions are not much stricter.

speed
08-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Correct I don't know where kris came from thanks for the clarification on both issues...
Quit eating them krispy cream doughnuts.

horses4courses
08-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Both rotten to the core

There's a concerted effort going on, lead by some members of the racing media
to have Bob Baffert exposed as being cruel to his horses.

There's no denying - this sport could do with cleaning up it's image.
Until that happens, though, and on a large scale - it is what it is.

iceknight
08-25-2013, 08:58 PM
There's a concerted effort going on, lead by some members of the racing media
to have Bob Baffert exposed as being cruel to his horses.

There's no denying - this sport could do with cleaning up it's image.
Until that happens, though, and on a large scale - it is what it is. "exposed" means.. there is some truth hidden in that....

maybe you meant "painted as"...??

horses4courses
08-25-2013, 09:46 PM
"exposed" means.. there is some truth hidden in that....

maybe you meant "painted as"...??

Fair point

However, these guys talk as if it's "case closed".
They state that BB has horses dropping dead at a far higher rate than the norm.
They want him exposed.

Just a Fan
08-26-2013, 02:21 AM
P Val looked painfully weak finishing with Goldencents, unable to prevent the horse from drifting, and offering just a weak right hand stick without a good hard hand shove. When they showed the replay of him winning the Pacific Classic 20 years ago with Best Pal, the difference was striking. DO was in a tough spot. I think other jockeys could have gotten Goldencents home.

Stillriledup
08-26-2013, 02:23 AM
P Val looked painfully weak finishing with Goldencents, unable to prevent the horse from drifting, and offering just a weak right hand stick without a good hard hand shove. When they showed the replay of him winning the Pacific Classic 20 years ago with Best Pal, the difference was striking. DO was in a tough spot. I think other jockeys could have gotten Goldencents home.

I knew there was some reason the horse lost. Funny thing is that the public bet the horse as if jockey didnt matter, the subpar jock wasnt factored into the price.

precocity
08-26-2013, 07:52 AM

Both rotten to the core

rosario was supposed to ride but he broke his foot, bet the race early had alot to do sun didnt even watch the race but couldn't believe he went off 4/5 thought he would be 9/5-or 5/2.

SandyW
08-26-2013, 10:18 AM

No jockey could have held Fed Biz off yesterday.

horses4courses
09-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Mary Rampellini ‏@DRFRampellini 41m
Patrick Valenzuela has the mount on Cameo Appearance in the Grade 2, $500K Super Derby on Saturday, per the horse's trainer, Wayne Catalano.

GMB@BP
09-03-2013, 10:00 PM
rosario was supposed to ride but he broke his foot, bet the race early had alot to do sun didnt even watch the race but couldn't believe he went off 4/5 thought he would be 9/5-or 5/2.

must be a busy day for most of the riders if Pval is the best they can do, he has been terrible since his return, some of its the mounts, some of it is just real weak riding.

Al Gobbi
09-04-2013, 08:28 PM
6 pounds overweight (124 lbs) on both his mounts today at Del Mar.

precocity
09-05-2013, 03:40 AM
he looked more tired then the horse. :D fedbiz set a track record and goldie ran good think he needs some time off.

Pensacola Pete
09-05-2013, 03:50 AM

Kris Kringle?