PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga: Sun, August 25

Teach
08-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Race One: I'm gonna try for "a bomb". Yes, I did have a couple rum & Cokes last evening, but if this pops, it'll be a helluva way to get things started. :4: Bitty Kitty was steadied in her last about ten months ago. Well, the Kitten's Joy-bred "kitty," I mean filly, may have grown into a full-sized "cat". I'm willin' to bite. Scratch! Claw! Do whatever it takes. The filly does add blinkers. Rosie Napravnik for Dave Duggan; he's decent with shippers.

Also: :5:;:2: ;:6:

Race Two: :4: Mei Ling is a high-priced first-timer who's got some gold-plated lineage (Seeking the Gold). I'd watch the board, post parade and warm ups. Make believe you're playing chess; look for the horse that looks like the knight in a chess match; the one with the bowed head (esp. in sprints). Sharp workout last week. Jose Lezcano for Mike Hushion (very good with maiden specials).

Also: :5: ;:7:;:9:

Race Three: :7: Acigarisjustacigar is a well-bred turfster who, as they say in baseball parlance, has taken the collar - as opposed to a ring - in his first four starts. But now, the Freud-bred colt can unleash his "seething cauldron of emotions" and head for the winner's circle. If position is everything in life, then this colt now moves to the outside; this should help. So too should the chauffeuring services of Irad Ortiz, Jr for trainer Jim Ryerson.

Also: :2: ,:3: ,:5:

Race Four: :1: Radiohead gets my nod in this claiming sprint. The Johannesburg-bred gelding has split his racing career between the grass and the dirt. Well, today, it's back to the dirt. The gelding has had three wins in twelve starts on that surface. Trainer David Jocobson is good with drop downs and second start off a claim. Admittedly, David Cohen is not having the kind of meet he would have liked; yet, he is capable of booting this horse home.

Also: :2: ,:6: ,:7:

Race Five: :4: Lisalisalee is back on the main track after a fling on the
grass in the NY Stallion Series. The filly could do little from an outside post in that one. Now, back on the dirt where she won two starts back at a mile, she hould be competitive. Trainer Linda Rice is very good in second starts off a claim.

Also: :9: ;:6: ;:8:

Race Six: :1: Atigun draws the rail and should be dangerous in The Idle Rich. This Gone West-bred colt was steadied in his last at Colonial; he finished off the board. Prior to that, the colt was second in the Grade III Louisville Handicap at Churchill Downs. Junior Alvarado is good on the turf for Ken McPeek who is good in non-graded stakes.

Also: :6: ,:2: ,:4:

Race Seven: We'll come right back to jockey Junior Alvarado who's aboard :9: Agilion in this optional claimer at seven furlongs. Again, the improved post draw should help this filly. Off a bit slow in her only start at "The Spa" this year. However, in her brief career, the Tale of the Cat-bred has a win and a second in three tries at Saratoga.

Also: :3: ,:8: ,:7:

Race Eight: :13: Hillhouse High (sounds like New Haven, CT) draws in. The filly lost her shoe in her only start yet still managed to finish fourth, just three lengths off the winner. If her footwear is properly in place, the filly should prevail here. Javier Castellano for Chad Brown who's outstanding in second starts on the grass.

Also: :5: ,:10: ,:7:

Race Nine::6: Gentleman's Kitty could do little in his last start, the CBarley at Woodbine in early July. The Kitten's Joy-bred colt is dropping in class and adding the services of "The Hall of Famer," John Veazquez. Wayne Catalano (I remember him from Suffolk Downs) trains. He's good with horses who are running adter a layoff.

Also: :4: ,:2: ,:1:

Race Ten: :2: Royal Delta. Mike Smith. Bill Mott. Nuff Said.

Also: :5: ,:1:

Race Eleven: In the finale, I like :1: Enchanting Lisa. The Danzig-bred filly was third in her last in this company. She cuts back slightly so here jockey, Jose Lezcano, must mount his closing charge a little sooner to avoid running out of real estate. Rent, sharp 3-furlong work. Trainer Charles LoPresti is very good with second starts on the grass.

Also: :2: ,:7: ,:5: