PDA

View Full Version : Minority Students At University of Texas Attacked By An Epidemic Of ‘Bleach Bombs’

maddog42
08-25-2013, 08:40 AM
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/08/24/2523051/minority-students-university-texas-attacked-epidemic-bleach-bombs/

I may live in Norman, but I have always liked Austin. Great town and music scene. This shit has to stop.

PaceAdvantage
08-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Hope it's another hoax story...we've seen that recently when it comes to alleged racism on campus.

TJDave
08-26-2013, 05:33 PM
I clicked on this thread because I thought it said 'Blondes'.

Guess I need new glasses.

Valuist
08-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Yeah lets point the finger at Texas because the Sooner state never has any racist killings, especially involving college students. :rolleyes:

maddog42
08-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Yeah lets point the finger at Texas because the Sooner state never has any racist killings, especially involving college students. :rolleyes:

I am not pointing the finger at Texas. There are some people on this board that think that there is little racism in this country. They are dead F***ing
wrong. Oklahoma may be the most racist state in the country. It certainly is in the top 10.

Racism is also alive and well on this board. I received an email a few weeks back asking if I "was a Ni**er". This was after I tastelessly quoted Blazing Saddles saying "Where all the White women at?" in a post.I reported it to PA who promptly removed the offender. I was hesitant to bring it up, because I don't want anything to reflect badly on this board. Give PA credit. He won't put up with that racist crap.

Maybe you missed the part in that Post when I said what a great town Austin is. I meant it. The music scene and the cultural diversity in that town is amazing.

ElKabong
08-26-2013, 11:08 PM
I hope it's an inaccurate article, Austin is about as tolerant of any race color etc as you can get, even if a lot of it is fake. In Dallas we tease Austinites (mostly the cali's) for claiming to be the most tolerant, yet they live in the whitest metro in Texas ;)

Bad stuff if true, but not a true indicator of the area's people at all