Hello All! For Sunday 8/25, here are the tracks and races on Slew's mind:
Monmouth - 6,8,10
Gulfstream - 8,9
Woodbine - 4,7,8
Arlington - 8,9
Del Mar - 1,2,3,5,7,8,9,10,11
Saratoga - 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
Parx - 8

Another gorgeous day at the best place on earth, and a very exciting renewal of the venerable Travers Stakes with the ageless D. Wayne Lukas taking the big summer dance with Will Take Charge, one of the "wise guy" choices. And to boot, all week I was wondering what the heck Eric Guillot was doing hanging around the east coast...today we found out. His Moreno, deftly handled by J. Ortiz ran ran a very smart and lights out Travers only to come up a whisker short. Of course, he was the 2nd horse on Slew's list and came in handy with a $25 place payout!

For Sunday, a slew of Key Horses:

Divine Luck - SAR (11) GP 12/01/12 # 1
Let It Rock - GP ( 8) 12/08/12 # 7
Obviously (IRE) - DMR ( 5) 06/29/13 # 3
No Silent - DMR ( 7) DMR 07/25/13 # 7
Kiss in the Forest - MP ( 4) WO 06/03/12 # 6
Upgrade - WO ( 7) GP 02/01/13 # 5

I'm in the middle of winding up this season at Saratoga and cannot enumerate the pros or cons of each of these, but you are perfectly capable of sleuthing, so check my blog or past posts. Suffice it to say the Divine Luck has not panned out so be careful. Let It Rock surprises and might rock at Gulfstream Park, as he did last time. No Silent is a fav here at a big ML. Kiss in the Forest showed more early but needs to step it up...if I recall. Check out Upgrade at Woodbine as well.

We had a ton of winners today, but you had to look further than Saratoga...and I was up and down (from my clubhouse seat) all day.

And it was worth it. Including two nice winners at the end of the Del Mar card with a $28 winner in the 9th and a $70+ double...all from the comfort of my hotel room. Isn't technology great? It is.

It was a wonderful day in paradise and a fine way to end this year (for me) at the Spa.

Thank you...Slew!

Enjoy the Sunday racing...good luck and good 'capping!