PDA

View Full Version : Timonium 8/23 trip report(possible pix)

wiffleball whizz
08-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Finally got to take in a day at the big T and if anybody has never been there before I can gaurentee you that you will never see a nicer smaller track then this place....I can't explain it other then for only racing 10 days a year the grandstand and track itself is spotless.....

Started the day out at about 12:50 pm with this forums poker superstar proximity waiting for me at the clubhouse turn gait.....now for those not aware of the surroundings there the $8 gait is in between the paddock and the main entrance I guess....now when you walk up like 5 stairs u can oversee the track and it's something when u see this little bullring....very very neat setup

Now after that me and proximity go back up stairs into the famous $2 room.....now I've heard from several different posters here that this room isn't nice.....it's very nice...brand new carpet flat screen tvs....

So then I meet 2 other posters here track collected and ronsmac.....2 of the nicest guys you will ever meet......now to put into perspective we were there from about 1pm to 5pm.....it's the fastest 4 hours I've ever been to at the races...everybody had great stories to tell we all took a walk to the food tent and the funnel cake was great though Ronny got the stale one I guess lolololol...

I don't think anybody got hurt per se but I lost the quietest 80 you'll ever see....

The way I see it the board really talks at timonium I think it's fair to say me any ronsmac both knew the 9 was dead as a doornail in the last race and like a moron I bet the horse knowing "they" didn't bet him....wish I had a do over there....

All in all it was a great day.....I strongly suggest for any posters here or lurkers that just hawk the forums this is a great place to take the wife and or kids....prob the first place I can say that about.....

Thanks to proximity ronsmac and track collector for a fun day at the races....looking forward to meeting other PA members in the future

ronsmac
08-23-2013, 10:08 PM
I had a blast, even though i didn't do very well at the windows. Track collector, The whizzer, and Proximity are really good people. Can't wait to go back tomorrow.

wiffleball whizz
08-23-2013, 10:14 PM
I had a blast, even though i didn't do very well at the windows. Track collector, The whizzer, and Proximity are really good people. Can't wait to go back tomorrow.

Yes!!!!!! Can't wait to pay $8 to get our teeth kicked in!!!!!! Although TC was clutch with the free admission....

I should have went to CT for the double header instead I went home and then went to lrl......

Hey TC is timonium to a dark laurel a doubleheader? I don't think I can take credit for it!!

proximity
08-24-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't think anybody got hurt per se but I lost the quietest 80 you'll ever see....

The way I see it the board really talks at timonium I think it's fair to say me any ronsmac both knew the 9 was dead as a doornail in the last race and like a moron I bet the horse knowing "they" didn't bet him....wish I had a do over there....

although the two good races were the only two with pino (?), at the price (ml) i played that nine horse to bounce off the double top. the problem for me was that my own key horse didn't run very well either. the problem for you was just bad luck because you just got edged late in that one 2nd-3rd photo which probably would have made up that $80 for you on the triple.

wiffleball whizz
08-24-2013, 08:06 PM
although the two good races were the only two with pino (?), at the price (ml) i played that nine horse to bounce off the double top. the problem for me was that my own key horse didn't run very well either. the problem for you was just bad luck because you just got edged late in that one 2nd-3rd photo which probably would have made up that $80 for you on the triple.

Wouldn't wish that beat on my worst enemie.....I made 2 wrong turns onto 2 major highways and was scared I would have to walk 2 miles after parking.....but keep in mind I have no problem sprinting to the window as they were loading....

Now I Definitly took the average down but the you 3 guys were the sharpest group of players in the Maryland west Virginia delaware area...:feels good sitting with sharp people....

Wondering if proximity track collector and ronsmac are "they"
As in when favorites are dead "they" knew it...."they" as in the sharp money!!

Who officially qualifies as "they"

NJ Stinks
08-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Glad to hear you guys had fun at Timonium. :cool:

I've got to get myself there sometime down the line.