PDA

View Full Version : Rosario Breaks Bone

SandyW
08-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Joel Rosario breaks bone in foot.
Bad timing, there is going to be a lot of jockey shuffling this weekend.

ManU918
08-23-2013, 09:14 PM
That's if he doesn't ride. He is going to wait until the morning to make a decision.

Striker
08-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Chantal back on Game On Dude maybe.

ManU918
08-23-2013, 09:37 PM

LOL please tell me your joking. If Rosario don't make it out to California, Garcia is getting that mount.

Midnight Cruiser
08-23-2013, 09:37 PM

Dont think so. She already has a mount. My guess is Patrick, Agapito or Mario...

ManU918
08-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Dont think so. She already has a mount. My guess is Patrick, Agapito or Mario...

Doesn't mean that if she was offered (which she has no chance) that she wouldn't move in a heartbeat for Game on Dude... I think Baffert would pull Garcia off of Liaison.

Midnight Cruiser
08-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Doesn't mean that if she was offered (which she has no chance) that she wouldn't move in a heartbeat for Game on Dude... I think Baffert would pull Garcia off of Liaison.

Thats probably what would happen, although I wouldnt be surprised to see Rosario or Orb tomorrow and the Dude on Sunday...

Just a Fan
08-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Doubt the stews would allow Garcia to jump off a mount that he is already listed on, even from one Baffert runner to another (right?). Chantal's Pacific Classic mount is cross entered (and more sensibly entered) in Saturday's feature, so she could become available. Not really advocating for her, other than the fact that it would be a hell of a story.

SandyW
08-23-2013, 10:47 PM
P. Val. is the favorite for Game On Dude if Rosario can't ride.

ManU918
08-23-2013, 10:53 PM
P. Val. is the favorite if Rosario can't ride.

According to who?

SandyW
08-23-2013, 10:57 PM
According to who?

We shall see ????

Stillriledup
08-23-2013, 10:58 PM
That's if he doesn't ride. He is going to wait until the morning to make a decision.

Its nice that the judges will permit him to ride with a broken foot, nice way to protect the public.

SandyW
08-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Its nice that the judges will permit him to ride with a broken foot, nice way to protect the public.

I agree 100% with you, it is also a safety factor letting him ride with a broken foot.

Just a Fan
08-23-2013, 11:15 PM
If Baffert, Rosario, and his doctors all agree that he is fit to ride, I don't see what the problem is. Even if Rosario is cleared to ride and wants to ride, Baffert could pull a Barry Irwin and take JR off if he doesn't have confidence that he can ride. The public will be extremely well aware of Rosario's injury.

Stillriledup
08-23-2013, 11:20 PM
If Baffert, Rosario, and his doctors all agree that he is fit to ride, I don't see what the problem is. Even if Rosario is cleared to ride and wants to ride, Baffert could pull a Barry Irwin and take JR off if he doesn't have confidence that he can ride. The public will be extremely well aware of Rosario's injury.

The problem is its not about Baffert, Rosario or the doctor, its about the public being protected. Maybe they should let all Rosario horses run for purse money only.....Belmont let a horse named Nice Stuff run for purse only about a month or 2 ago because she lost a shoe at the gate...they "protected" the public and let her run for purse only.

If Rosario rides the first race and falls off the horse or pulls her up because he cant function and takes off the rest of his mounts, is that fair to the betting public? Im going out on a limb and say no.

iceknight
08-23-2013, 11:25 PM
The problem is its not about Baffert, Rosario or the doctor, its about the public being protected. Maybe they should let all Rosario horses run for purse money only.....Belmont let a horse named Nice Stuff run for purse only about a month or 2 ago because she lost a shoe at the gate...they "protected" the public and let her run for purse only.

If Rosario rides the first race and falls off the horse or pulls her up because he cant function and takes off the rest of his mounts, is that fair to the betting public? Im going out on a limb and say no. How exactly does it "protect" the public? That horse (with no shoe or half healthy jockey) is still going to be running and messing around the pace (maybe not in this case) or affecting other horses etc.. It still can easily mess up the outcome of the race?

Stillriledup
08-23-2013, 11:29 PM
How exactly does it "protect" the public? That horse (with no shoe or half healthy jockey) is still going to be running and messing around the pace (maybe not in this case) or affecting other horses etc.. It still can easily mess up the outcome of the race?

Its hypothetically "protecting" the people who might be betting on a jock who can't function but i do agree with you, i'm not a fan of purse money only situations, i'd just take him off his mounts if i was a judge, problem solved.

Just a Fan
08-24-2013, 12:02 AM
JR will either be medically cleared to ride, or he won't. Half the riders in the race will be riding with some sort of pain somewhere, and no one will ever know about it... if they're deemed healthy enough to ride, then they ride.

There's a zillion different variations on a "broken foot" (severity, location, etc). I just think its crazy to put the onus on the stewards to make a knee-jerk reaction to take him off, based on a news report that he has a broken foot. Let the principals in the situation make the call based on their firsthand knowledge of the injury.

Honestly, this is probably a moot debate... chances are he will have to miss some time. But if he rides, its not like he will be the first rider to keep riding through an injury.

Striker
08-24-2013, 12:13 AM
Pretty sure that horse is going to scratch out of the Pacific Classic and go in the Del Mar Handicap. So she would be open.

Stillriledup
08-24-2013, 12:14 AM
JR will either be medically cleared to ride, or he won't. Half the riders in the race will be riding with some sort of pain somewhere, and no one will ever know about it... if they're deemed healthy enough to ride, then they ride.

There's a zillion different variations on a "broken foot" (severity, location, etc). I just think its crazy to put the onus on the stewards to make a knee-jerk reaction to take him off, based on a news report that he has a broken foot. Let the principals in the situation make the call based on their firsthand knowledge of the injury.

Honestly, this is probably a moot debate... chances are he will have to miss some time. But if he rides, its not like he will be the first rider to keep riding through an injury.

This is a good post, you're right, if he has an injury, he shouldnt be riding, that will be up to the judges to decide.

Striker
08-24-2013, 12:30 AM
P. Val. is the favorite for Game On Dude if Rosario can't ride.
David Flores seems to be a viable option also

SandyW
08-24-2013, 01:25 AM
David Flores seems to be a viable option also

P. Val. fits Game On Dude like a glove.

duncan04
08-24-2013, 03:28 AM
i'd just take him off his mounts if i was a judge, problem solved.

Horse racing has judges now??? :rolleyes: :D

SandyW
08-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Martin Garcia will ride Game On Dude, Liaison will scratch freeing up Garcia.

PaceAdvantage
08-25-2013, 03:01 AM
The problem is its not about Baffert, Rosario or the doctor, its about the public being protected.Maybe they should run psyche tests and a full battery of physical exams on jocks each and every day to make sure they are all riding to the best of their abilities...no hangovers...no fights with the spouse affecting their thinking...no,,,,ah,,,well,,,,you get the point.

Stillriledup
08-25-2013, 03:04 AM
Maybe they should run psyche tests and a full battery of physical exams on jocks each and every day to make sure they are all riding to the best of their abilities...no hangovers...no fights with the spouse affecting their thinking...no,,,,ah,,,well,,,,you get the point.

You don't have to tell me twice, i'm down with that! :ThmbUp: