PDA

View Full Version : Gold

Valuist
08-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Peter Schiff on gold. Really looks like it has put a bottom in at the end of June.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/lack-physical-gold-demand-spark-spectacular-rise-says-122848744.html

Of course some of the talking heads on CNBC and Bloomberg will call Schiff an idiot, just like they did in 2005 when he said we were in a housing bubble that would burst, and burst badly.

DJofSD
08-23-2013, 02:56 PM
I believe Dennis Gartman changed his opinion on gold a few weeks back.

Valuist
08-23-2013, 02:59 PM
I believe Dennis Gartman changed his opinion on gold a few weeks back.

Yes he did. And his timing was pretty sharp. I think a number of traders felt that there was a lot of end of quarter selling of gold in June, kind of the opposite of window dressing. As soon as the calendar turned to July, the downtrend stopped.

sammy the sage
08-23-2013, 07:21 PM
P.A. knows EXACTLY where gold is going....I'll wait for him to make THE call :D

lamboguy
08-23-2013, 07:27 PM
P.A. knows EXACTLY where gold is going....I'll wait for him to make THE call :Dgold is likely to run to the $1540 area before it has a decent pullback.

i bought some of these beauties a couple of weeks ago.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=17144&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10111

DJofSD
08-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Are we going to see a spike due to the Syrian situation?

PaceAdvantage
08-25-2013, 02:57 AM
P.A. knows EXACTLY where gold is going....I'll wait for him to make THE call :DNo, lamboguy is the expert. Just look up some of his past predictions.

Wonder what he was saying back in August 2011. I'd hate to be the guy who jumped on the gold wagon back then...$2000/oz here we come baby! :lol:

Hey sammy, haven't they been printing money since August 2011? Why has gold gone in the toilet since then?

lamboguy
08-25-2013, 03:57 AM
No, lamboguy is the expert. Just look up some of his past predictions.

Wonder what he was saying back in August 2011. I'd hate to be the guy who jumped on the gold wagon back then...$2000/oz here we come baby! :lol:

Hey sam for my, haven't they been printing money since August 2011? Why has gold gone in the toilet since then?more sellers than
buyers. the biggest gold buyers got slapped with a crazy tax in India., the russians and chineese didn't pick up enough of the slack

sammy the sage
08-25-2013, 07:38 AM
No, lamboguy is the expert. Just look up some of his past predictions.

Hey sammy, haven't they been printing money since August 2011? Why has gold gone in the toilet since then?

Because it's leveraged a 100/1...and then those IN CHARGE can increase margin requirements to keep price down...

and I'll challenge you for a 3rd time...try buying physical gold at CURRENT paper value from any pawn shop ect...legit mind ya...you WOULD have to pay more...

Ask youself why there are 1k's of people buying your gold jewelery...ie...spending lots of money on ads...not so much on selling...

PaceAdvantage
08-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Because it's leveraged a 100/1...and then those IN CHARGE can increase margin requirements to keep price down...

and I'll challenge you for a 3rd time...try buying physical gold at CURRENT paper value from any pawn shop ect...legit mind ya...you WOULD have to pay more...

Ask youself why there are 1k's of people buying your gold jewelery...ie...spending lots of money on ads...not so much on selling...So once again, the game is rigged. If it weren't rigged, we'd all be rich? Is that what you're saying?

Just buy gold baby when they're printing money...easy stuff man...

You and Peter Schiff are being screwed I take it...but one day, you'll both be right. Just wait long enough...it will happen...

Hey, if we all are given enough time, we're all right eventually...

Unfortunately, in this life, timing counts for something.

sammy the sage
08-26-2013, 07:56 AM
So once again, the game is rigged. If it weren't rigged, we'd all be rich? Is that what you're saying?

You and Peter Schiff are being screwed I take it...but one day, you'll both be right. Just wait long enough...it will happen...

you got THAT right for sure...timing has ALWAYS been MY problem...a least financially... :lol:

Saratoga_Mike
08-26-2013, 10:05 AM
So once again, the game is rigged. If it weren't rigged, we'd all be rich? Is that what you're saying?

But if Romney had won, gold would already be at $3,000...the logic behind that claim totally escapes me, but hey...

DJofSD
08-26-2013, 10:07 AM
But if Romney had won, gold would already be at $3,000...the logic behind that claim totally escapes me, but hey...
Ya, and if frogs had wings ....

Valuist
08-26-2013, 03:52 PM

I didn't understand that either. Romney stated all along he hated the money printing.