PDA

View Full Version : College Football almost upon us..Who do you like?

Dahoss2002
08-23-2013, 04:00 AM
While most folks are making Alabama and Ohio St favorites for the NT game, I think a few have been cast too far aside. Oklahoma and Texas did not have stellar seasons by their standards last year but bring back alot of guys on both sides of the ball. Conversely, LSU lost 10 juniors mainly on defense but maybe some of those guys needed to go anyway.
The pre-season polls that I have seen have all 3 of these teams outside the top 10. My prediction is that at least 2 of these teams will finish in the top 10 and at least one of them will play in the NT Game. Hope LSU is one :) GEAUX TIGERS!!
Who do yall like?

cj
08-23-2013, 06:53 AM
I'll be surprised if OU or Texas even wins the Big 12.

JBmadera
08-23-2013, 06:57 AM
I usually follow the Pac 8, oops I mean 10, or is that 12??....anyway, Oregon and Stanford should be tough, plus there is always a wildcard like AU or Cal that steps up.

Can't watch too much CFB........ :jump:

ManU918
08-23-2013, 08:22 AM
If Notre Dame can get by Michigan at the big house in week 2, then I think they can be undefeated going into Stanford in the last game of the season. The loss of Golson isn't as big to me because their defense is what is going to get this team wins. I see tons of value at 50-1...That's who I'm taking a shot with.

Robert Goren
08-23-2013, 08:33 AM
It is pretty clear that SEC is the king of college football right now and Alabama is the king of the SEC, but they play the games for a reason. Things happen during the season that destroy good football teams and for some reason some teams never gel. I saw more than one of Osborne Nebraska team that had all the talent in the world never come together.

wiffleball whizz
08-23-2013, 09:40 AM
I'll be surprised if OU or Texas even wins the Big 12.

The pokes should be lethal this year....but you can always pencil them in to lose a game at Iowa st or OU beats them.....fiesta bowl is where the pokes end up

cj
08-23-2013, 09:44 AM
The pokes should be lethal this year....but you can always pencil them in to lose a game at Iowa st or OU beats them.....fiesta bowl is where the pokes end up

They will be pretty good, but I don't see any B12 team playing for the title this year, especially Texas. They bring back a lot of people, but they haven't been very good at all, so is that really a plus?

JustRalph
08-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Ohio State is over-rated

They always are

Crossing my fingers

wiffleball whizz
08-23-2013, 09:58 AM
They will be pretty good, but I don't see any B12 team playing for the title this year, especially Texas. They bring back a lot of people, but they haven't been very good at all, so is that really a plus?

Can't wait to see OU sandblast Texas in the red river rivalry....I don't see them
Being any good this year and they will have lots of supporters...

As for Ohio st Ralph how can't they be in the championship game....cake walk big 10 sked....they may not lose a game in big 10 for 3+ years

Valuist
08-23-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm gonna guess Texas A & M isn't going to sneak up on anybody in the SEC this year. Could be a bit of an awakening for the Aggies.

Marshall Bennett
08-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Alabama....no contest. :cool:

BlueShoe
08-23-2013, 01:37 PM
The Oregon Ducks, out of the loaded Pac 12 North. Stanford almost as good, plus a strong Oregon State squad. Pac 12 South? Blah, much weaker, with none likely to crack the top 10.

elysiantraveller
08-23-2013, 07:47 PM
As for Ohio st Ralph how can't they be in the championship game....cake walk big 10 sked....they may not lose a game in big 10 for 3+ years

:lol:

Two words...

Big House.

Predictions:

Devin Gardner has a heisman worthy season and is a losing finalist.

TJ Yeldon wins the Heisman... totally dark horse prediction.

National Championship:

Oregon vs. Georgia and you can probably coin flip it, I'll take the Dawgs.

melman
08-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Baylor--If they can play any defense at all they will be dangerous. There offense will put up more that 40 in most games. Georgia to be national declared champs. "Declared" because the NCAA still does not decide on the field. At least the start of playoffs are coming.

wiffleball whizz
08-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Baylor--If they can play any defense at all they will be dangerous. There offense will put up more that 40 in most games. Georgia to be national declared champs. "Declared" because the NCAA still does not decide on the field. At least the start of playoffs are coming.

Baylor will get buried alive......they go on the road and it will be trouble...

Ask Baylor how they made out at the team who was upsetting Everybofy they were on there hands and knees.....the team is slipping my mind right now..

Big 12
1. Pokes
2. OU
3.texas
4. Tcu
5. Baylor
6. Iowa st

melman
08-26-2013, 12:32 PM
whizz---Last year Baylor finished the season with four wins in a row. Three of them against top 25 ranked teams. They have a very very good offensive backfield. Scoring points will not be a problem.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082413aab.html

TimesTheyRAChangin
08-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Wouldn't give you $.02 for the NFL,but I have always loved NCAA football!

Back in the day(70's for me)I would bet $1000- each on 20-25 games every Saturday.

I remember betting the Sooners-70 once,and I'm pretty certain they covered.

Once the Gators were -40 I believe,and I bet a G-note on them.After hanging up with the bookie,I checked on the early scores.They had Forida ahead at halftime by 41-0!BUT,kickoff was supposed to start 2 or 3 hrs later!So I called the bookie right back,told him I had a feeling about that game,and I wanted to bet another $1000-?He said OK,and put me down for it.They beat the spread pretty easily.

The good old days!!!!

After that,I had concerns about this guy.He should have known about the schedule change.Seemed too much of a Mickey Mouse operation to me.So,after the last time I made my weekly pickup,I just broke off contact with him.

Found a new go-to guy for all things vigorish!!

Anyways,don't care who wins!

Just love the style of football.

Honestly,I would love to see a repeat of the recent year that the current No.1 was defeated 5 or 6 weeks in a row.

FANTASTIC!!!!!

wiffleball whizz
08-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Wouldn't give you $.02 for the NFL,but I have always loved NCAA football!

Back in the day(70's for me)I would bet $1000- each on 20-25 games every Saturday.

I remember betting the Sooners-70 once,and I'm pretty certain they covered.

Once the Gators were -40 I believe,and I bet a G-note on them.After hanging up with the bookie,I checked on the early scores.They had Forida ahead at halftime by 41-0!BUT,kickoff was supposed to start 2 or 3 hrs later!So I called the bookie right back,told him I had a feeling about that game,and I wanted to bet another $1000-?He said OK,and put me down for it.They beat the spread pretty easily.

The good old days!!!!

After that,I had concerns about this guy.He should have known about the schedule change.Seemed too much of a Mickey Mouse operation to me.So,after the last time I made my weekly pickup,I just broke off contact with him.

Found a new go-to guy for all things vigorish!!

Anyways,don't care who wins!

Just love the style of football.

Honestly,I would love to see a repeat of the recent year that the current No.1 was defeated 5 or 6 weeks in a row.

FANTASTIC!!!!!

On a Saturday with first half 2nd Half overall games and now live betting 70 plays isnt out of the question

College football Saturday lifts it leg on nfl Sunday and it's not even close

wiffleball whizz
08-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Need frezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzno even for allllllll the chippies.....slamming the door on a 4 team parlay......not a red board either

And what's this dooooooooores bullshit......????? Like vandy got a new nickname

wiffleball whizz
08-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Clowny actually won the game for the cocks by getting clipped prevented a heels backdoor cover

wiffleball whizz
08-30-2013, 12:24 AM
12:25am and I'm in the sweatbox hardcore here,....

Got ole miss 2h and need freso like I need air to breath.....let's goooooooo might hedge on a rutgers 2h

magwell
08-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Great to have football back I watched Fresno game then the replay of the Vandy game Nice........ :)

ManU918
08-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Great to have football back I watched Fresno game then the replay of the Vandy game Nice........ :)

I did the same.... How bad is the Rutgers defense? My god.

PICSIX
08-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Huskers, and here's why...

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130828/HUSKERS/130828776

PICSIX
08-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Alabama....no contest. :cool:

Yeah, but they offer no "value" :lol: :lol:

Stillriledup
12-09-2013, 04:00 AM
Bump for fun, lets see how much we all knew! :D