PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Classic and Del Mar Handicap

iceknight
08-23-2013, 02:49 AM
I consider these fairly big races and of course, some big names are running in them..

Game on Dude, Richard's Kid, Dullahan - European Farraaj etc

with Blueskiesandrainbows there, I doubt the 'Dude would get to steal and run away..

So who do i take a shot with.. Good ole "Richard's Kid.. who is back in business

Del Mar Handicap

i am going to :1: Lucayan.. for now.
These races are on Sunday, so I can talk more about it after eating humble pie on Travers Day :lol: :lol:

pandy
08-25-2013, 10:24 AM
This is a good race this year. I picked Dullahan because horses that ran big on this track last year have done very well this summer and he should be charging off a quick pace. But I think that Kettle Corn, much improved in blinkers and can finish, has a good shot and Farraaj, two for two at this distance over synthetic tracks including a Group 2, is probably going to be perfectly placed with Gomez. On paper there's a lot of speed in the race so Game On Dude should be tiring late.

dnlgfnk
08-25-2013, 05:08 PM
I consider these fairly big races and of course, some big names are running in them..

Game on Dude, Richard's Kid, Dullahan - European Farraaj etc

with Blueskiesandrainbows there, I doubt the 'Dude would get to steal and run away..

So who do i take a shot with.. Good ole "Richard's Kid.. who is back in business

Del Mar Handicap

i am going to :1: Lucayan.. for now.
These races are on Sunday, so I can talk more about it after eating humble pie on Travers Day :lol: :lol:

At 20-1 in the morning line, after taking the lead at 12 furlongs last out vs. little other speed, and two races ago unable to pressure Compari enough to prevent that one from running his best race in his last 6 while on the lead, I'm confident Blueskiesnrainbows would not take Dude out of his game.

Looking at the race in terms of Game On Dude being roughly 6-5, as he was on the SA Handicap, he has a 64% chance of losing. The scenario which would contribute to those 64 losses out of 100 runnings is the presence of Delegation just inside him, who visually and analytically could be a handful for Dude from flagfall to the top of the stretch. At Charles Town, Dude needed some effort to grab the lead from 38-1 Percussion after a half, and last out coasted inside vs. little early pressure.

My overlay is Kettle Corn, who may not get a better opportunity to beat Game On Dude, having been defeated 3 times previously by him. Of course, in true Jerry Bailey-Jay Privman fashion (investing time and effort in publicly stating pace scenarios that rarely pan out), Delegation could stumble, mysteriously decide to let Blueskiesnrainbows do the heavy lifting, etc. But in the long run...

Stillriledup
08-25-2013, 05:37 PM
You would imagine Dullihan will be overbet on reputation...his win in the big race at DMR many moons ago means nothing in the context of today, yet, you're going to pay a 'premium' in price because of a race that doesnt matter at all way back in his PPs.

JustRalph
08-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Delegation lights up my software!! A few bucks worth

olddaddy
08-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Ill do a exb on :4: :8: :10: if I can find a store that will give me back my deposit on some pop bottles I have in the basement.

pandy
08-25-2013, 06:37 PM
I boxed 4-7-9.

iceknight
08-25-2013, 06:48 PM
One thing I noticed after looking at G.O.D.'s record is that it seems like in the recent couple of years, he has fired a win in a field of 9 or larger only once whenever he has had larger fields. So, that automatically brings him down. Now, he may still hold off to be in the exotics so if I get good

overlays I dont mind going with

:6: , :7: , :4: and mixing up :11:

Jeranimo rallies well occasionally at mile and 9f races but I have serious questions on classic distance for him, in actual performances.. in spite of his Congraree and Alydar (damside) connection. Maybe I dont know how to handicap by pedigree so dont pay too much attention to that remark.

The one complete unknown wild one into the exotics could be the horse ridden by jockey Chantal -:3: Holding Glory.. this one is by Avila (good stats on these types of shippers) and has shown better turn of foot that YouknowIknow in spite of starting back further.. I dont expect this one to win.. (oops why I am saying this).. but I would keep this in the 3-4 positions in my dime supers.

WP bets on :4: as I will he is a nice overlay here..

and Win bets on :6: and :7: if they are over 5-1 at 1mtp

Tom
08-25-2013, 08:09 PM
:9: Fresh, loves the track
:12: Bombs away!
:7: More distance might help
:11: Vunerable today

PhantomOnTour
08-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Trying to beat Game On Dude and I will spread a bit to do it.

ex:
:9: :10: :12:
:4: :6: :7: :9: :10: :12:

win:
:10: :12:

Tom
08-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Win bets on :10: :12:
Box :9: :10: :12:

Tee
08-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Dullahan & Kettle Corn looked quite ready in the post parade. Very interested in what Farraaj has to offer. Can Richard's Kid turn back the clock.

plainolebill
08-25-2013, 08:20 PM
I like Byrama a little.

iceknight
08-25-2013, 08:25 PM
how much did Contreras get from Baffert.. wtf was that in the beginning to screw blueskies like that

but Dude definitely ran a superb race..come catch me ad he was gone.

horses4courses
08-25-2013, 08:25 PM
That's some high cruising speed for "The Dude" :)

pandy
08-25-2013, 08:32 PM
how much did Contreras get from Baffert.. wtf was that in the beginning to screw blueskies like that

I had heard Casse say that they were going to the lead but on TVG they're saying that he also told Contreras to keep the 13 from getting the lead, which explains why he was so wide. I don't know who should get the blame, Contreras or Casse but that was certainly a horrendous ride on Delegation.

That's why trying to figure out the pace of a race is so tough, this race looked like a sure thing to have at the very least a reasonably lively pace but instead the pace was slow, but one bad ride like they gave the 10 can change the complexion of a race.

Congrats to Game On Dude, terrific horse.

stringmail
08-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Seems like the perfect gift for Casse and Contreras would be a tutorial on how to read the racing form. :bang:

pandy
08-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Seems like the perfect gift for Casse and Contreras would be a tutorial on how to read the racing form. :bang:

I bet a lot of bad rides are due to trainer's instructions. They should just let the rider do his job.

dnlgfnk
08-25-2013, 08:55 PM
I had heard Casse say that they were going to the lead but on TVG they're saying that he also told Contreras to keep the 13 from getting the lead, which explains why he was so wide. I don't know who should get the blame, Contreras or Casse but that was certainly a horrendous ride on Delegation.

That's why trying to figure out the pace of a race is so tough, this race looked like a sure thing to have at the very least a reasonably lively pace but instead the pace was slow, but one bad ride like they gave the 10 can change the complexion of a race.

Congrats to Game On Dude, terrific horse.

If you heard that correctly, then we can add to Beyer's ordered list of "examples of folly and perversity of mankind during the 20th ( & 21st) century"...
1. Vietnam
2.Keith Allen's ride on Sintra in the 1984 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes
3. Mark Casse's inability to identify his main opponent in the 2013 Pacific Classic

davew
08-25-2013, 11:01 PM
Game on Dude ran very well

but the race was for place - 6 horses across before the camera left them to watch Game on Dude coast to victory