PDA

View Full Version : Cooler Schooler 1:51:4 2yrft PcD

RaceTrackDaddy
08-22-2013, 09:31 AM
I thought this message board would have been abuzz about the blazing mile put in last night by Cooler Schooler at Pokie.

That was one tick slower than Check Me Out's world record as a THREE YEAR OLD. Simply amazing that no word of it here. At least US Trotting has a story regarding the world record. Maybe the track is so fast at Pokie that world records has become common place.

http://xwebapp.ustrotting.com/absolutenm/templates/article.aspx?articleid=55290&zoneid=63

LottaKash
08-22-2013, 11:35 AM
RTD, I watched that race last nite with "bug eyes"....I wondered WTF John Campbell was doing with this 2yo ?...I mean the way he left out of there, like he was on a mission, and when Cooler Schooner got to the 1/2 in 54.4, I said to myself that this one is simply gonna melt from hereon....He never did, as he just kept right on trotting to the wire...The 1/5 2d place horse "Shake it Cerry" who was undefeated in her 6 2yo starts, was sucking wind to just keep the 4-hole,10 length disadvantage going to the half, at bay ....Considering the fractions, it too was a very brave effort...She too caught up well, with the winner long gone, she trotted strong while closing the gap to the wire, leaving the rest huffin n puffin way back there...

I guess JC knew what he had with this one, as I never believed him to be one to ruin a promising 2yo so early in his career, still I wondered about that for a bit....An amazing mile for a 2yo Trotter...Might turn out to be a great one....We will see...:jump:

Ray2000
08-22-2013, 11:36 AM
The sport needs a Phenom and I wish her connections the best of success
but I have to say "those bones aren't ready..."

Shake It Cerry ...just as impressive for 2nd

LottaKash
08-22-2013, 02:24 PM
The sport needs a Phenom and I wish her connections the best of success
but I have to say "those bones aren't ready..."

Shake It Cerry ...just as impressive for 2nd

I tend to agree with that Ray...

Still, JC is still a very knowledgeable and well seasoned horseman, especially with the young ones, and thus I think he wouldn't do anythingto hurt any real young one...Hey the guy has driven the best of the best thruout his years of winning..

He simply was all go in this race, and I believe that was the plan....

Without looking at what he may be eligible to, I would venture a guess that last nite's eye opener was a foundation for something good that may be upcoming soon....

The horse raced within himself all the way round as it seemed to me, and he only looked a little bit tired after it was over....And not hurting, from what I could see...I think this guy is the one to watch so far..

Ray2000
08-22-2013, 02:40 PM
He's a She, LK, and that makes a difference too.

But I agree with all your points about JC :ThmbUp:

LottaKash
08-22-2013, 03:08 PM
He's a She, LK, and that makes a difference too.

But I agree with all your points about JC :ThmbUp:

Yes a SHE, I'mbad....;)

Altho one time, many a year ago, when I was in a bar, and feeling no pain whatsoever, I got smitten with a SHE, that was really a HE....I was wondering why all the laughter behind my back, til much later on....I never heard the end of that SHE mistake...:D

mrroyboy
08-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Well we will see what happens in the future. That was an incredible race
Generally speaking Harness races are faster than ever.