PDA

View Full Version : New Poll Shows A Third of Louisiana Republicans Blame President Obama for Katrina Res

maddog42
08-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Maybe Republicans are stupid.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/new-poll-shows-a-third-of-louisiana-republicans-blame-president-obama-for-katrina-response/

JustRalph
08-22-2013, 09:02 AM
That is funny....... But maybe they feel that they were left behind by Obama too? I am sure some will blame whomever is in office at the moment until they think things are made right.

Lots of people still screwed on the Jersey shore. I am sure until they are made well, they will blame the government

Robert Goren
08-22-2013, 09:58 AM
I have long ago gave up trying explain how idiots think? All you need to know is that they are idiots and they chose to be republicans. It does say something about who the LA GOP has targeted for votes though.

Tom
08-22-2013, 10:08 AM
I have long ago gave up trying explain how idiots think? All you need to know is that they are idiots and they chose to be republicans. It does say something about who the LA GOP has targeted for votes though.

Wasn't it LA democrats who swore Bush had a hurricane machine and he targeted Black folks with it? :lol:

Mike at A+
08-22-2013, 10:10 AM
I seem to recall many Democrats pushing the theory that George W. Bush was complicit in the 9/11 attacks. But to be more "Katrina specific", they also put forth the theory that George W. Bush commissioned the Army Corps of Engineers to plant dynamite on the New Orleans levees.

jballscalls
08-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Wasn't it LA democrats who swore Bush had a hurricane machine and he targeted Black folks with it? :lol:

No it was Kanye West

JustRalph
08-22-2013, 11:04 AM

This is exactly what PA means...........when referencing you or calling you out. All Repubs are idiots huh?

Marshall Bennett
08-22-2013, 11:07 AM
I have long ago gave up trying explain how idiots think? All you need to know is that they are idiots and they chose to be republicans.
What a ridiculously ignorant statement to make, totally lacking any maturity or class, typical of a liberal democrat. :lol:

maddog42
08-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Maybe Republicans are stupid.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/new-poll-shows-a-third-of-louisiana-republicans-blame-president-obama-for-katrina-response/

I really don't think Republicans are that stupid. But it does point to an irrational fear/hatred/smear of Obama.

PS

With thousands of people calling him the antichrist, maybe it is not so surprising. Can the antichrist time travel?

maddog42
08-22-2013, 11:51 AM
I forgot to post the link that 1 in 5 Republicans think Obama is the antichrist.

"For instance, 20 percent of Republicans said they believed Obama is the Antichrist (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/obama-the-antichrist-global-warming-a-myth-lizard-people-controlling-the-world-conspiracy-theory-research-reveals-bizarre-beliefs-prevalent-in-us-8558384.html), while only 6 percent of Democrats agree. Meanwhile, 34 percent of Republicans and 35 percent of Independents said they believed in the New World Order (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_%28conspiracy_theory%29) threat -- an alleged elitist totalitarian plot to create an authoritarian world government -- as compared to 15 percent of Democrats."

Ok. Just MORE stupid people are Republicans. Obviously the 6% of Dems that believe this aren't too bright. Dixiecrats?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/americans-believe-obama-anti-christ-global-warming-hoax_n_3008558.html

Mike at A+
08-22-2013, 11:54 AM
I really don't think Republicans are that stupid. But it does point to an irrational fear/hatred/smear of Obama.

PS

With thousands of people calling him the antichrist, maybe it is not so surprising. Can the antichrist time travel?
I don't see anything "irrational" in the belief that 0bama is arrogant and deliberately suppressing job growth. Nor do I see anything indicating that he is the "antichrist" but I'm amazed that ANY president would continue policies that are failing to the degree that his are failing. The middle class is hurting badly and the solution is right in front of his face yet he refuses to bend. On energy alone we could create millions of jobs, GOOD jobs but he keeps promoting this utopian nonsense with wind and solar that will not come to fruition for many years to come if ever. While some advancements have been made in alternative energy they are still largely unaffordable to the overwhelming majority of Americans. We should continue research and development of alternative energy but for the here and now we need to exploit the massive amount of natural resources we have right under our noses. That will get people back to work now.

Mike at A+
08-22-2013, 11:56 AM
I forgot to post the link that 1 in 5 Republicans think Obama is the antichrist.

"For instance, 20 percent of Republicans said they believed Obama is the Antichrist (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/obama-the-antichrist-global-warming-a-myth-lizard-people-controlling-the-world-conspiracy-theory-research-reveals-bizarre-beliefs-prevalent-in-us-8558384.html), while only 6 percent of Democrats agree. Meanwhile, 34 percent of Republicans and 35 percent of Independents said they believed in the New World Order (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_%28conspiracy_theory%29) threat -- an alleged elitist totalitarian plot to create an authoritarian world government -- as compared to 15 percent of Democrats."

Ok. Just MORE stupid people are Republicans. Obviously the 6% of Dems that believe this aren't too bright. Dixiecrats?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/americans-believe-obama-anti-christ-global-warming-hoax_n_3008558.html
And if you substituted "Bush" for "0bama" in the above post the numbers would be reversed and you could prove that it's the Democrats who are "stupid".

maddog42
08-22-2013, 12:14 PM
And if you substituted "Bush" for "0bama" in the above post the numbers would be reversed and you could prove that it's the Democrats who are "stupid".

Try to find a comparable stat in polling to either of those (antichrist or Katrina) with sizable numbers not conducted by the KKK and I might believe you. The Republican party has never had more loonies than now.

PS Many of my die-hard republican friends openly admit they would like to shed 10%?20% of the nutbags in their party, but they need them to compete
for votes.

Mike at A+
08-22-2013, 12:24 PM
PS Many of my die-hard republican friends openly admit they would like to shed 10%?20% of the nutbags in their party, but they need them to compete for votes.
And many of my die-hard democrat friends openly admit they would like to shed 10%-20% of the leeches, the gang bangers, the welfare cheats and the violent criminals in their party, but they need them to compete for votes.

maddog42
08-22-2013, 09:31 PM
And many of my die-hard democrat friends openly admit they would like to shed 10%-20% of the leeches, the gang bangers, the welfare cheats and the violent criminals in their party, but they need them to compete for votes.

For sheer numbers the right has far, far, more nutbags than the left. It is preposterous to even think otherwise. I could post crazy links all day long.
Google Obama and the antichrist together and you get several 100,000 hits.

Tom
08-22-2013, 09:51 PM
I think you believing that last post puts the left far ahead in the goofy race! :lol:
SeJbOU4nmHQ

Mike at A+
08-22-2013, 09:59 PM
For sheer numbers the right has far, far, more nutbags than the left. It is preposterous to even think otherwise. I could post crazy links all day long.
But that hurts no one. You don't have to pay money for the crazy beliefs of a small minority. But I have to pay for the leeches and the gang bangers. For the welfare cheats and the criminals. I don't care what they believe as long as they get off their asses ans start to support themselves instead of living off my tax dollars. I don't give a flying crap about "crazy links".

PaceAdvantage
08-23-2013, 12:43 AM
I really don't think Republicans are that stupid. But it does point to an irrational fear/hatred/smear of Obama.?When people hate on Obama, all of a sudden, it's irrational? Irrational to who? The people who don't hate on Obama. Ok. That's human nature.

When people were hating on Bush (and oh, were there lots of those types), did you also think that to be irrational? Probably not, since you most likely didn't care for the man as president either.

So I don't get how one side's hate for a president is irrational while another side's hate for a president is rational.

PaceAdvantage
08-23-2013, 12:44 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/americans-believe-obama-anti-christ-global-warming-hoax_n_3008558.htmlWhat about all the people on the left who thought Bush was leading the US into a theocracy? Did you forget about them?

Or do they not count as nutbags?

johnhannibalsmith
08-23-2013, 12:52 AM
What about all the people on the left who thought Bush was leading the US into a theocracy? Did you forget about them?

Or do they not count as nutbags?

All you need to do is use Google to get an accurate count based on internet postings of whether people today with the internet implanted in their brains 24/7 on the right are crazier than those on the left were six to fifteen years ago. And yes, there's an implied sarcasm.

HUSKER55
08-23-2013, 06:19 AM
uh......PA, you will need to as Robert or Mosty

Robert Goren
08-23-2013, 08:25 AM
The left has it share of nuts and won't debate whether the left or right has more because that is not clear. The LA republicans who blame Obama for the Katina are not crazy. They are ignorant. While there is an ebb and flow between the two party of idiots, I don't that there is any doubt that GOP has more idiots for a number of reasons. I have no doubt that will change sometime in the future. I stand by my earlier statement that LA GOP has target these fools for votes. I will go further to say that they are not the only state GOPs to do so. While I believe this drives away as many voters as it brings in, there are certain state GOPs who disagree. One only has to look at some the GOP candidates that ran for regional office in 2012 to see that. While reasonable people may disagree on such things tax policies, the size of government and gun control, I fail to see how reasonable person could think Obama had anything to with the federal response to Katrina. Maybe I should not be surprised because I see posters ignoring that the 2008 recession started under GWB and more than one claimed it was Obama who bailed out the banks when it was done in the final days of the Bush administration and then GOP presidential candidate John McCain was instrumental in get the legislation passed a month before the election. Somehow everything that the government has done since 2005 that some people don't like is Obama's fault and everything don't like before 2005 is Clinton's fault. It is like Bush was never president to them or at least never did anything during his 2 terms.

Mike at A+
08-23-2013, 08:39 AM
The left has it share of nuts and won't debate whether the left or right has more because that is not clear. The LA republicans who blame Obama for the Katina are not crazy. They are ignorant. While there is an ebb and flow between the two party of idiots, I don't that there is any doubt that GOP has more idiots for a number of reasons. I have no doubt that will change sometime in the future. I stand by my earlier statement that LA GOP has target these fools for votes. I will go further to say that they are not the only state GOPs to do so. While I believe this drives away as many voters as it brings in, there are certain state GOPs who disagree. One only has to look at some the GOP candidates that ran for regional office in 2012 to see that. While reasonable people may disagree on such things tax policies, the size of government and gun control, I fail to see how reasonable person could think Obama had anything to with the federal response to Katrina. Maybe I should not be surprised because I see posters ignoring that the 2008 recession started under GWB and more than one claimed it was Obama who bailed out the banks when it was done in the final days of the Bush administration and then GOP presidential candidate John McCain was instrumental in get the legislation passed a month before the election. Somehow everything that the government has done since 2005 that some people don't like is Obama's fault and everything don't like before 2005 is Clinton's fault. It is like Bush was never president to them or at least never did anything during his 2 terms.
Don't you remember what happened in 2006? The Democrats took Congress. Take a look at the unemployment statistics from 2000-2006 and then look at 2007-2009. I love when people take the last 2 years of the Bush presidency and try to imply that was his entire presidency. As for this Katrina nonsense, that's just what it is - nonsense. It has no place in any intelligent discussion of what is happening TODAY. We're knee deep in shit and he's golfing and swimming at Martha's Vineyard. The guy does not know the meaning of work. He's forever in campaign mode when he should be trying to find workable compromises. And the dishonesty and stonewalling on issues like Benghazi, NSA, IRS and Fast&Furious is an abuse of power. Katrina???? Pfffffftttt!

PaceAdvantage
08-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Knee deep in shit?

Stock market at all time highs (or was not too long ago)...housing market is booming again...unemployment has been trending down for quite some time.

I'm no Obama lover, but to say we are knee deep in shit is not accurate.

Mike at A+
08-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Knee deep in shit?

Stock market at all time highs (or was not too long ago)...housing market is booming again...unemployment has been trending down for quite some time.

The stock market is high for two reasons. QE and high corporate bottom lines due to their downsizing and lack of hiring.

The housing market while seemingly improving could easily go south when QE stops and interest rates inch upwards.

The unemployment numbers are fudged as I'm sure you know. I prefer to look at the U6 number and the workplace participation rate. Plus these so called "created jobs" are largely part time jobs and very low paying jobs. Members of the middle class who have been out of work for years will re-enter the workforce at a fraction of the salaries they were earning at their last jobs. And that's IF they are able to even find work.

The middle class is shrinking, the upper class will shield their wealth while verbally supporting 0bama's call to "share the wealth" and the lower classes will continue to live off the crumbs that fall off the table.

In the big picture, things are a lot worse than they appear. The only plus I see is that it's a lot easier to get a table at a good restaurant these days.

JustRalph
08-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Knee deep in shit?

I actually have spoken with realtors in three different states over the last two weeks. I am planning on buying and selling over the next year. All three have warned me to be skeptical of these reports on how well the real estate market is coming back. " Selected pockets" were the words that came out of all their mouths.

One agent who has been in business thirty years told me "the government numbers are bullshit, a damned lie"

Tom
08-23-2013, 09:45 AM
We should be only knee deep.
We are chest deep and in full denial of where we are going.
The shorter among us have their ears full already.

JustRalph
08-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Speaking of Real Estate ........

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/23/New-home-sales-collapse-134-percent-in-july

Oops.......even more good news

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/incomes-have-dropped-twice-much-during-recovery-during-recession_750068.html

RaceBookJoe
08-23-2013, 01:11 PM
I actually have spoken with realtors in three different states over the last two weeks. I am planning on buying and selling over the next year. All three have warned me to be skeptical of these reports on how well the real estate market is coming back. " Selected pockets" were the words that came out of all their mouths.

One agent who has been in business thirty years told me "the government numbers are bullshit, a damned lie"

Would be interesting to see how many of the homes actually bought were bought by banks and foreign investors looking just to rent them out. Would also be scary to think ( not saying this is going on ) that the Fed is buying these homes to help prop up any of their garbage #'s.

Robert Goren
08-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Don't you remember what happened in 2006? The Democrats took Congress. Take a look at the unemployment statistics from 2000-2006 and then look at 2007-2009. I love when people take the last 2 years of the Bush presidency and try to imply that was his entire presidency. As for this Katrina nonsense, that's just what it is - nonsense. It has no place in any intelligent discussion of what is happening TODAY. We're knee deep in shit and he's golfing and swimming at Martha's Vineyard. The guy does not know the meaning of work. He's forever in campaign mode when he should be trying to find workable compromises. And the dishonesty and stonewalling on issues like Benghazi, NSA, IRS and Fast&Furious is an abuse of power. Katrina???? Pfffffftttt!What bills that came the democratic congress did the democrats over ride a Bush veto?

Mike at A+
08-23-2013, 01:33 PM
What bills that came the democratic congress did the democrats over ride a Bush veto?
That wasn't even where I was going with that. The point I'm trying to make is that BUSINESSES feel more comfortable with Republicans in control and they feel threatened when ruling Democrats toss around terms like "fair share", "there comes a time when you've made enough money" and "share the wealth". It's commendable for ANY party to create a climate conducive to equal OPPORTUNITY but it's dangerous to try and guarantee equal OUTCOME. When that happens employers tend to be a little more hesitant to take the plunge.

Tom
08-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Democrats = uncertainty.

Robert Goren
08-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Democrats = uncertainty.uncertainty = opportunity
Which why the stock market does better under democrats including Obama.

Mike at A+
08-23-2013, 02:02 PM
uncertainty = opportunity
Which why the stock market does better under democrats including Obama.
One more time. The market is "doing better" because of QE and larger corporate bottom lines due to fewer employees to pay and fewer hours worked.

dartman51
08-23-2013, 02:37 PM

That's nothing, I just Google'd Bush and Hitler together and got 'About 23,500,000 results (0.32 seconds)'. So, where are the loonies, really. We could play this game all day and it wouldn't prove a damn thing. :bang:

dartman51
08-23-2013, 02:49 PM
One more time. The market is "doing better" because of QE and larger corporate bottom lines due to fewer employees to pay and fewer hours worked.

Don't confuse Robert with facts. Here's another, median income has dropped further since the so called "RECOVERY", than it did during the recession. This is due, in part, by the cutting of hours by companies not willing to bite the bullet on Obamadon'tCare. :ThmbUp:

Marshall Bennett
08-23-2013, 03:22 PM
In the big picture, things are a lot worse than they appear. The only plus I see is that it's a lot easier to get a table at a good restaurant these days.
Yup, it's been sugar-coated and inflation hasn't really been a factor though indications are that it's nearing. The market has become a short term gambler's market because of super low interest rates and little elsewhere to invest. A huge blanket's been thrown over the more important issues, particularly the debt and our inability to stabilize the dollar's value abroad.
We are in deep shit, it's just most are immune to the smell of it.

Tom
08-23-2013, 03:31 PM

And, as Obama himself has said, the market is not a good indication of how the economy is doing.

Tell the millions of people who been out work for so long that they are no longer considered looking for jobs just how greet thing are under demoncrats.

PaceAdvantage
08-25-2013, 02:45 AM
The stock market is high for two reasons. QE and high corporate bottom lines due to their downsizing and lack of hiring.Does it matter the reasons? A high market is creating wealth for a lot of middle class people with 401ks and such. Now if they're smart, they'll start parking that money in more conservative arenas in the coming months if and when the market starts to turn south, which it will.

The stock market is the single greatest indicator of the health of the economy. It would not be going up, up, up if we were indeed, knee deep in shit, no matter how much QE is going on....

If we are indeed knee deep in shit, I suggest you start going short the market with both fists.