PDA

View Full Version : Lukas' Thoughts Regarding Oxbow

nijinski
08-21-2013, 09:52 PM
from DRF 8/19

This year, we’re not thinking of running him,” said Lukas, echoing comments he made to HRTV last Friday. “Bramlage told me there’s no sense in pushing him, just give him the time he needs.”

Lukas said that Kelley, the proprietor of Calumet Farm, would have the final say on whether Oxbow would return to race at age 4. But Lukas, understanding the economics of the sport, said he wouldn’t be surprised if Kelley opted to stand him at stud.

Stillriledup
08-21-2013, 10:15 PM
If this horse is owned by breeders, it would be a shock if he came back to race.

nijinski
08-21-2013, 11:51 PM
If this horse is owned by breeders, it would be a shock if he came back to race.

With all this talk of not pushing him , I think that's the plan too .

Cannon shell
08-22-2013, 12:02 AM
from DRF 8/19

This year, we’re not thinking of running him,” said Lukas, echoing comments he made to HRTV last Friday. “Bramlage told me there’s no sense in pushing him, just give him the time he needs.”

Lukas said that Kelley, the proprietor of Calumet Farm, would have the final say on whether Oxbow would return to race at age 4. But Lukas, understanding the economics of the sport, said he wouldn’t be surprised if Kelley opted to stand him at stud.
I have a hard time understanding why the "economics of the sport" would affect Kelley who is according to Forbes worth close to 2 billion dollars.

CincyHorseplayer
08-22-2013, 01:35 AM
An Awesome Again colt with both families tracing back to Northern Dancer?In the words of Hawk Harrelson "He gone"!

FantasticDan
10-26-2013, 01:38 PM
An Awesome Again colt with both families tracing back to Northern Dancer?In the words of Hawk Harrelson "He gone"! Announcement:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/81591/classic-winner-oxbow-to-taylor-made-stallions

Stillriledup
10-26-2013, 02:08 PM
I have a hard time understanding why the "economics of the sport" would affect Kelley who is according to Forbes worth close to 2 billion dollars.

Life is filled with people who don't need the money who continue to act as if they do.

ManU918
10-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Oxbow will go down as one of my all time favorite animals... I needed him in one race and he came up big for me...

Saratoga_Mike
10-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Life is filled with people who don't need the money who continue to act as if they do.

That's why I always liked Jess Jackson - much more sporting than many others in the industry.

classhandicapper
10-27-2013, 09:49 AM

I guess you could say it's their desire to accumulate money that partially explains why they have so much to begin with.

jballscalls
10-27-2013, 11:07 AM
D. Wayne could have gotten another 40 starts out of this horse!