PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR THUR. 08/22

MeSlew
08-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Hello All! For Thursday 8/22, here are the tracks and races on Slew's mind:

Arlington - 2,6
Del Mar - 2,3,5,6,7
Saratoga - 6,8,9

Please note: The SlewsFastHorses website will be migrating to a new server this weekend (my provider picked the weekend...not me!) so Slew may be offline after midnight Friday. Please see my note on the site explaining this, and try to get the Sat file before midnight Friday. I will be at the Spa this weekend and may not be able to get the file up until late Friday night, so stay tuned. I'll do my best but if there is a celebration...

For Thursday, we have two key horses running:

Floral Romance - SAR ( 8) GP 12/29/12 # 9
Malibu Yankee - SAR ( 8) GP 12/01/12 # 8

Floral Romance looked special breaking her maiden and then taking a first level allowance at Gulfstream Park in fine style. After that...not so special. Two sound losses in Optional Claimers, the 2nd on June 26th at Belmont behind Asseteague who just won 2 in a row including the De La Rose Stakes at the Spa. So maybe too much too soon, or maybe something wasn't quite right. But after a little break, the works have progressed nicely so she might be back on track. Mott is the conditioner so ignore at your own risk. 6/1 on the ML and no world beaters here.

Malibu Yankee finished 2012 with a flourish, albeit in lesser company and is back after a 7 month layoff at Fair Hill. I wonder if she and Orb got to talk in the hot tub? On second thought, maybe they have separate hot tubs for the boys and girls. Anyway, it appears she is tackling a higher class of opponent in this one but I hear Fair Hill performs miracles. She is 12/1 on the ML and Rosie's got the call. Lourdes anyone?

Enjoy the Thursday racing...sharpen your pencils...good luck and good 'capping!