PDA

View Full Version : sar r5

salty
08-21-2013, 03:16 PM
Can someone please explain why they didn't declare talk therapy a non starter? I swear that the starter held him after the gate opened. is there a rule that says if the horse hits the board then it is a fair start? bs for sure

wiffleball whizz
08-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Can someone please explain why they didn't declare talk therapy a non starter? I swear that the starter held him after the gate opened. is there a rule that says if the horse hits the board then it is a fair start? bs for sure

It was close......SRU is prob getting a thread ready for this...

I'm not sure but what do u tell the people who had a 5-2-4 tri.....or a show bet on the 4.....not sure how u refund a horse that hits the board

Waiting for the word from SRU downs

salty
08-21-2013, 03:33 PM
I think i would say um, tough luck? :D

Phantombridgejumpe
08-21-2013, 03:48 PM
site too... 2:51 and change. Slow fractions, did they go the quarter in 55 seconds?

VeryOldMan
08-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Just watched the side-view and head-on replays of the start multiple times - the video quality on Xpressbet is terrible, but it looked from the head-on as if the starter released his hold on Talk Therapy in time but at the very last moment and the horse reared just as the gate opened, perhaps reacting to having its head held down somewhat awkwardly by the starter in the seconds just before the gate opened. There may be others who have 100X higher quality video available and can correct my impression.

Stillriledup
08-21-2013, 04:28 PM

they dont refund if the horse 'shifts' or moves. The starter can hold on if the horse is moving and the logic is that if the horse 'causes his own problems' they leave it alone. Was the horse shifting around in the gate or standing completely still?

therussmeister
08-21-2013, 07:07 PM
The starter had a hold of the horse with one hand and had his other hand on the horse's nose. In the second before the break the horse threw his head up as if he did not like the starter's hand on his nose, the starter removed his hand from his nose, but was still holding the horse with his other hand. The horse settled in position for a fraction of a second before the gate opened. The starter let go of the horse as the gate opened. The horse broke in the air, but not, in my opinion, because he was held, but maybe because he wasn't quite settled yet after throwing his head, although he looked settled.

I got this all from watching the replay at NYRA's site. You can watch the break head on three times starting at the 3:55 mark