Mohawk R4..........Davids Dream-4/1........ 1,6 / 1,6,5
Northfield R1.......West River Tex-6/1....... 8,3 / 8,3,6
Northfield R9........Don'T Blink-7/2.............. 7 / 8,6
Northfield R10......B L Wattaride-3/1........ 4,5 / 4,5,2
Yonkers R5.........Joeyscash-8/1................ 3 / 8,1

GLA

LottaKash
08-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Ray, win or lose, the place wouldn't be the same without your good ole "Monday Funday Picks"....GL...:jump:

Ray2000
08-20-2013, 11:52 AM
They beat me up Johnny, and I'm going back for more.... :D

Mc Rusty..............beaten favorite with Jonathan Roberts
Artstanding...........went for a jog, stay away from Jonathan Roberts
Davids Dream........went off favorite, placed
West River Tex......good try from wayback for 4th at 35/1, put on watch list
Don'T Blink............nothing
B L Wattaride........placed, ran into a bomb
Joeyscash............broke gait at gate with Sears

Hide these picks in here for Tuesday :)

Hoosier R5.........Buckeye Thea-9/2........4 Tkts 2,4/2,4,3
Monticello R8......L Flaviadi-8/1.............4 Tkts 6,5/6,5,4
Pocono R1..........Miss Pinky Pie-8/1.......4 Tkts 7,5/7,5,2
Pocono R8..........Juice Hanover-10/1......3 Tkts 3/1,7,9
Saratoga R4........Mememe-8/1..............4 Tkts 1,8/1,8,4
Yonkers R5.........Equinox Barbara-6/1.....4 Tkts 8,2/8,2,6

GL

Ray2000
08-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Same damn bug that got me before...(I should fix that :) )

Right names.. Wrong numbers should be

Hoosier R5.........Buckeye Thea-9/2........4 Tkts 1,10/1,10,5
Monticello R8......L Flaviadi-8/1..............4 Tkts 4,2/4,2,3
Pocono R1..........Miss Pinky Pie-8/1.......4 Tkts 7,4/7,4,3
Pocono R8..........Juice Hanover-10/1......4 Tkts 6,3/6,3,7
Saratoga R4........Mememe-8/1..............2 Tkts 8/5,1
Yonkers R5.........Equinox Barbara-6/1.....2 Tkts 3/5,2

Sorry

LottaKash
08-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Same damn bug that got me before...(I should fix that :) )

Right names.. Wrong numbers should be

Hoosier R5.........Buckeye Thea-9/2........4 Tkts 1,10/1,10,5
Monticello R8......L Flaviadi-8/1..............4 Tkts 4,2/4,2,3
Pocono R1..........Miss Pinky Pie-8/1.......4 Tkts 7,4/7,4,3
Pocono R8..........Juice Hanover-10/1......4 Tkts 6,3/6,3,7
Saratoga R4........Mememe-8/1..............2 Tkts 8/5,1
Yonkers R5.........Equinox Barbara-6/1.....2 Tkts 3/5,2

Sorry

Some that I am preparing to get involved with tonite...: (all at YR)

1R - #3 FUTURE CHARACTER... 10/1 ...This 9yo, I believe has finally found himself again...He is the class of these, and if as fast and fit that I suspect him to be, he should be right there at the end tonite...I think he was aimed a little too high last week, after shipping in from Tioga...This is a significant drop tonite..

6R - #2 SAND HICKORY...5/1...Beat the same type two back at Mea...last race was a dialectic to the winner of his last race, in fast last half & last 3/4 fractions...As good as any in this one...

9R - #8 COOL LIKE THAT..6/1... This 3yo is on a mission right now....A mission to see how far his ability will take him....He should try for the lead and get it, and he will repeat his last win in this same class, that is, if he isn't just out for a breather-cruise...If he doesn't leave outathere tonite, then that would be it, imo...(his numbers in last were so big that, sometimes this suggests a bounce, so take it for what it's worth)...Still, I am so impressed with his current ability, I will stay with this one for awhile just to see just how far he can rise....And, his numbers and form suggests that he will go higher..:jump:

GL to any, and get VALUE....

Ray2000
08-20-2013, 07:29 PM
:ThmbUp: Good call on Future Character, LK ....10/1 ML but the crowd piled on..

willphorse
08-20-2013, 08:55 PM
8 MTP to R6 at Yonkers

Really like your selection 2 Sand Hickory!

Top PPE horse, and a def 3 horse race between 2-5-8.

2-5 Ex Bx, 25/25/1258 Tri

Good Luck LK!

LottaKash
08-21-2013, 01:35 AM
Some that I am preparing to get involved with tonite...: (all at YR)

1R - #3 FUTURE CHARACTER... 10/1 ...This 9yo, I believe has finally found himself again...He is the class of these, and if as fast and fit that I suspect him to be, he should be right there at the end tonite...I think he was aimed a little too high last week, after shipping in from Tioga...This is a significant drop tonite..

6R - #2 SAND HICKORY...5/1...Beat the same type two back at Mea...last race was a dialectic to the winner of his last race, in fast last half & last 3/4 fractions...As good as any in this one...

9R - #8 COOL LIKE THAT..6/1... This 3yo is on a mission right now....A mission to see how far his ability will take him....He should try for the lead and get it, and he will repeat his last win in this same class, that is, if he isn't just out for a breather-cruise...If he doesn't leave outathere tonite, then that would be it, imo...(his numbers in last were so big that, sometimes this suggests a bounce, so take it for what it's worth)...Still, I am so impressed with his current ability, I will stay with this one for awhile just to see just how far he can rise....And, his numbers and form suggests that he will go higher..:jump:

GL to any, and get VALUE....

#3 FUTURE CHARACTER...ran as good as expected to....Coming out of the 4 hole at the half, he went 1st over and jumped the leader at the 5.8, and from there it was a romp by nine..Paid....$4.60......Not a big score but when they win so easy, it somehow doesn't lessen the win any for me,..,,

#2 SAND HICKORY...got banged heavy late, but it was still a win, it only paid $3.90 .tho...I didn't cancel due to low price, I just plain liked this horse in this spot.....He took charge quickly right off the bat, and had them all glued to the pylons the whole way round....won it in a hand ride to the line,,,

#8 COOL LIKE THAT...Well I warned ya, as it so often does, when a horse runs some very big numbers that are unusual for the horse or the class, they will bounce to some degree or other....So was the case here....This guy opened up dead as a doornail from the get go, a bad sign for a live horse....In fact thruout the wagering he never even got a tickle...Another sign of a no go....He ended up going off at 9/1, but not enough to bite on this one....I passed on this one tonite

The reality of it, just as it was a possible prediction, as it turns out, this guy was just out for the ole "buggy-ride", as he trailed from the get go, never attempting to contend for any other spot other than the one he had.....He seemed alert enough, and he passed a couple late in the race, while staying even in the lane.....He looked none the worse for wear, so I will stay with this one, for a bit more.....I just can't let go of his wow pace numbers last week...Many a wise trainer would use the 8-hole as an EZ-race, and this one did, I believe....sometimes these things get hidden and are often enough missed by other players....This race was a good start toward that end.... We will see....:jump:

melman
08-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Two winners one at $4.6 the other at $3.9 no value to me at all unless hooked up in a "pic" bet. I love the low takeout pic bets as I am on a level playing field with the big players on that bet. LK just on paper try a week or so of "putting together a ticket" for a pic bet using your prime bets as singles in the pic bet.
This is NOT a knock on your style of betting to win on low priced horses. As a matter of fact if your a high amount better betting on some low priced winners makes even more sense. Want to see how easy it is? Just take a look at the drf harness handicapper for Yonkers, Matt Rose.
His meet record for all races so far this year.
Selections 685 for a total amount bet of $1370.
His return on those 685 picks is $1365.
Now just say your a $300,000 per month player getting a 10% rebate. Bingo that's about $30,000 a month profit. 685 not a large enough sample size for ya? well Rose has done just as well in previous years. NOT saying everyone can do this as if enough even attempted it the payoff's on the win bets would lower quite a bit with the lower handles at most harness tracks. Just pointing out what an advantage I believe the large players have with there big rebates. There is a good reason why large players have no problem betting big takeout trifecta and superfecta players. It's called even bigger rebates on those bets.

LottaKash
08-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Two winners one at $4.6 the other at $3.9 no value to me at all unless hooked up in a "pic" bet. .

Hey Mel, hows by you ?....Haven't seen you around in a awhile....:(

Mel, I get your drift about the low prices and all...

But, I just do this for the fun of it, and I "do" get better prices than these, I demand that from a play...

Still, I enjoy talking about horses, and the plays that I do publish here at PA, are the best of the day for me, that's all, and I just like to share my opinions about them....There were two others last nite that I failed to mention...One paid $5 and change and the other $10, but the plays that I did give out were the much safer of them all....I wouldn't want to be responsible for anyone else's wager, so subsequently when I post a pick, one can be sure that this a fast and fit horse with a decided class edge, and if the price is right I will bet on it....That is the one thing that you can count on with my picks, I bet these picks....My opinions are the strongest that they have ever been, and I haven't had to go to the bank to replenish for quite some time now, and I like to share some of that with others from time to time.....:jump:

melman
08-21-2013, 12:41 PM
I get your drift LK just attemting to point out how the game has changed. It's not really about ROI anymore. So what if you can pick a few more winners that the other guy. It's the dollar amount bottom line nowadays with the rebates being real cash.
LK you were at Liberty Bell back in the day. Remember "Delaware Babe"? He was a HUGE player. Got comped for a great seat in the clubhouse dining room. Free food, free program, free valet parking, and extra attentiion at the $100 window to make sure he got his bets in. Forget about thosse items today. Now it's 10-12-15% in rebates. Kash the "babe" was more than just a big money player he was also a large man. Remember him?

LottaKash
08-21-2013, 12:49 PM
I get your drift LK just attemting to point out how the game has changed. It's not really about ROI anymore. So what if you can pick a few more winners that the other guy. It's the dollar amount bottom line nowadays with the rebates being real cash.
LK you were at Liberty Bell back in the day. Remember "Delaware Babe"? He was a HUGE player. Got comped for a great seat in the clubhouse dining room. Free food, free program, free valet parking, and extra attentiion at the $100 window to make sure he got his bets in. Forget about thosse items today. Now it's 10-12-15% in rebates. Kash the "babe" was more than just a big money player he was also a large man. Remember him?

I do Mel..Very large....

I used to drive down to LBP whenever I could, which was a lot....

I did many a doubleheader from Freehold to Liberty, as well....I loved the place....I have so many fond memories of Liberty Bell and Brandywine...Good racetrack buddy/charachters and lotsa brew...:jump:

The racetrack experience of today, just isn't what it used to be, hunh ?

melman
08-21-2013, 01:00 PM
LK on saturday's did a lot of Freehold to Liberty Bell also. Also do you remember the "big E buyers"? They were at both LB and Brandywine. Walk up to ya and ask "ya live" and "how many live ones ya got"? Then you would go back and forth with the "buyer" on what price he was going to pay you for the live tickets needed in the exchange for the second half of the bigE. These guys flashed $100 bills like water. :) And they needed no protection from any robber. :) Yes being at the racetrack has changed a ton. With the exception of a very few tracks why even go? Betting from home you save on gas and wear on you car. Plus the rebates are just as good. Still some hope for the game Kash as the BigM did a $6 millon handle on Hambo day. Most players today demand a larger sized track. Makes the game more interesting. When the "new" Meadowlands opens again I hope the horseman really support it. A four day week of racing at the BigM much better than four days at Yonkers. :)

LottaKash
08-21-2013, 01:21 PM
. Also do you remember the "big E buyers"? They were at both LB and Brandywine. Walk up to ya and ask "ya live" and "how many live ones ya got"? Then you would go back and forth with the "buyer" on what price he was going to pay you for the live tickets needed in the exchange for the second h:)alf of the bigE. These guys flashed $100 bills like water. .

A four day week of racing at the BigM much better than four days at Yonkers. :)

Haha I sold a few of those live tickets...Made money on them too....Tho not too often..

I am rootin for M1 to do better this year.... Four nites would be just right for me...I have a long held affection for the place...It was my hometrack for many years....From 1979 when it first opened, and when on that first nite opener, they ran out of Beer right after the 2d or 3rd race...haha...

melman
08-21-2013, 01:28 PM
LK do you remember who the winning driver was of the very first race in the history of The Meadowlands? Hint, he was a long time regular at LB and Brandy. Won a lot of races with cheaper stock.

LottaKash
08-21-2013, 01:33 PM
LK do you remember who the winning driver was of the very first race in the history of The Meadowlands? Hint, he was a long time regular at LB and Brandy. Won a lot of races with cheaper stock.

Abe Stolzfus ?....So many of the ole names escape me these days.....Still, if you brought them up I would remember them, instantly...

melman
08-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Abe Stolzfus ?....So many of the ole names escape me these days.....Still, if you brought them up I would remember them, instantly...
Abe was great at getting young horses ready for the racing career. But the winner of the first race in the history of the BigM was James Groff.

LottaKash
08-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Abe was great at getting young horses ready for the racing career. But the winner of the first race in the history of the BigM was James Groff.

Groff hunh?....The only thing that I remember about him is that, I bet on him a lot and can't remember any memorable things about that....:D

melman
08-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Not much luck with Groff uh? He was hardly a great driver but did win a lot of races with cheaper stock. Think he had an 8 claimer that once ran off 12 wins in a row. Ny "guy" back in the day at LB was Marvin Maker. Won a lot of races for me at good prices. Davis and Hayter were of course "the guys" who ran the place. :)
One last item from the old days at The Meadowlands. LK what was the one race you remember most? Mine was from a horse that did not even win the race. This horse had one of the fastest "brushes" in history. In this race he went off stide at the start and spotted the field a good 15 lenghts. Midway thru the lane he had caught the field and was pressing for the lead. Just took to much out of him and faded very late. No Nukes. BTW in that race Ed Gorman the race caller was going wild. He could not believe it. It was done against a very very good field.