PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga 8/19 Race 6

ManU918
08-18-2013, 11:39 PM
The :2:Flowing Mane just ran four days ago, finished 3rd against easier company, claimed from Ramsey/Maker by Alisha Racing/Miranda, switches from Rosario to Jose Ortiz, and is 5-1 ML. This race is so bad I actually give this horse a big chance.

Stillriledup
08-19-2013, 05:35 AM
I liked your pick's video on June 23rd and so did the people who claimed him. Didnt love his last 2, was outkicked for 2nd last time, hung a bit, but he does have a chance if he can revert back to his jun 23 performance, he was really striding out at the end of that race.

The 4 horse was against the grain last time, he's interesting as a 12-1 shot with fresh JJC in the irons, i've paid attn to that Mitcho horse, he really digs, he's a real tryer, certainly worth a long look.

The 7 is coming out of a stronger races than what the 2 has faced, so he's going to be tough. Dollars wise that was the same class, i just felt that was a stronger 20.

The 6 is also a bit interesting, 2nd time blinkers, 5th time lasix, first time new barn, new rider and 2nd time turf. He seems to have a bit of a 'look' about him, maybe he can step up and shock the world at 12-1 ML.

I'm looking to bet against the 9 as my 'edge', i think he was carried home for 2nd by a great ride last time, he was in perfect position on a "no gainers" track, he's not likely to get the same cushy trip and i expect him to bounce back to his slower beyer figs and not the gaudy 79 he got last time.

Great betting race, GL.

jk3521
08-19-2013, 11:32 AM
The :2: is also a reclaim, sort of, same trainer , different owner. This race is very interesting, lots of long shot trainers and a Ramsey horse, if it goes , to take most of the betting money. This kind of race is like if you had it "aha I knew it!" and if you don't it's "Sh_t !, I shoulda had it!" :D

Ocala Mike
08-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Too many question marks in this race for me, a real monkey puzzle.

If push came to shove, might be interested in the :11: , claimed by Maker for the Ramsey's off of Motion.

In off the A/E list also. How about an :11: :12: box?

Stillriledup
08-19-2013, 03:16 PM
They scratched all the speeds, totally changes the race.

The 11 horse was decent last time, but if there's no pace in the race and he's far back, might be a tough chore.

I'm leaning skip here, but i'll wait and see the warmups and prices to make final decision.

Ocala Mike
08-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Tough chore or no, betting against Ramsey right now is like fighting the tape on Wall Street. Luis Miranda claiming FROM Maker/Ramsey was the tough chore in here. I am a bit surprised that Motion couldn't get a win with Eriugena; played that horse at 3 different tracks before to no avail, and didn't quite recoup the losses today.

PhantomOnTour
08-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Tough chore or no, betting against Ramsey right now is like fighting the tape on Wall Street. Luis Miranda claiming FROM Maker/Ramsey was the tough chore in here. I am a bit surprised that Motion couldn't get a win with Eriugena; played that horse at 3 different tracks before to no avail, and didn't quite recoup the losses today.
:lol:
The horse claimed from Maker & Ramsey ran last
The horse claimed by Maker & Ramsey ran first

Stillriledup
08-19-2013, 04:39 PM
:lol:
The horse claimed from Maker & Ramsey ran last
The horse claimed by Maker & Ramsey ran first

The winner ran off like he was shot out of a cannon.

Stillriledup
08-26-2013, 07:12 PM
I liked your pick's video on June 23rd and so did the people who claimed him. Didnt love his last 2, was outkicked for 2nd last time, hung a bit, but he does have a chance if he can revert back to his jun 23 performance, he was really striding out at the end of that race.

The 4 horse was against the grain last time, he's interesting as a 12-1 shot with fresh JJC in the irons, i've paid attn to that Mitcho horse, he really digs, he's a real tryer, certainly worth a long look.

The 7 is coming out of a stronger races than what the 2 has faced, so he's going to be tough. Dollars wise that was the same class, i just felt that was a stronger 20.

The 6 is also a bit interesting, 2nd time blinkers, 5th time lasix, first time new barn, new rider and 2nd time turf. He seems to have a bit of a 'look' about him, maybe he can step up and shock the world at 12-1 ML.

I'm looking to bet against the 9 as my 'edge', i think he was carried home for 2nd by a great ride last time, he was in perfect position on a "no gainers" track, he's not likely to get the same cushy trip and i expect him to bounce back to his slower beyer figs and not the gaudy 79 he got last time.

Great betting race, GL.

My last comment, the paragraph where i talk about my "edge' for betting against the 9 horse? Well, that 9 horse was Ricochet Court who was scratched out of this race by the stewards.