PDA

View Full Version : Batavia Downs Weekly Recap..8/18

brianjco
08-18-2013, 05:51 PM
My weekly recap story from Batavia Downs including all latest stats and news, including Sunday's Sire Stakes up at http://briansbataviadownsselections.blogspot.com

wiffleball whizz
08-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Cat won a race.....stop the presses....

I'm sure the hometown boys just loved the big boys invade thier turf when there was money on the line

Cat had zero business going there

cmp92
08-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Cat won a race.....stop the presses....

I'm sure the hometown boys just loved the big boys invade thier turf when there was money on the line

Cat had zero business going there
I'm really surprised Manzi gets as many NYSS drives as he does. Probably since he hung around NJ so much, seems like a lot of these trainers are based there or raced at Freehold.

wiffleball whizz
08-18-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm really surprised Manzi gets as many NYSS drives as he does. Probably since he hung around NJ so much, seems like a lot of these trainers are based there or raced at Freehold.

That's correct and they also know cat is a smart driver with babies....

LottaKash
08-19-2013, 12:37 PM
That's correct and they also know cat is a smart driver with babies....

Very smart.....Heck the guy won the "National Driving Title" at the age of 55....He is about 63 now, and he is still going strong, and can contend with "any" of the "best of them"...

Last time I looked the "Catman" had something like 14,770 wins and over $158-Million in purses won....

I wouldn't ever hesitate putting my kash on the line with him when he is at the lines of any of my contenders...And, he is so good at Leavin Outta There, and he can sure hold them together and keep them trying in his drives to the line....

Funny thing tho, just as John Campbell and Mike LaChance, what with all of the great drivers in the NE to contend with, the Catman has fallen a bit out of favor a bit with the bettors it seems, but, just as the other two mentioned here, he can still team a horse as good as any of em.. I am always on special lookout when one of these 3 is on a horse....As many times these days, they are even bigger overlays than they should be or would've been, back in the day...:)