PDA

View Full Version : DRF Twitter accounts ... no interaction/opinions?

letswastemoney
08-17-2013, 02:52 AM
I was looking through some of them, mainly Jay Privman and Steve Andersen's accounts.

Why don't they interact with people or give out opinions? It's just news news news straight down the the line. Is it like that for all the DRF staff that use Twitter?

Stillriledup
08-17-2013, 03:05 AM
Opinions on what, you mean like selections?

Why would big tv star Jay Privman chat and interact with people who know much less about handicapping and horse racing than he does?

thespaah
08-17-2013, 12:35 PM

Why would big tv star Jay Privman chat and interact with people who know much less about handicapping and horse racing than he does?
Why not? They put their pants on one leg at a time.

PaceAdvantage
08-19-2013, 04:02 AM

Why would big tv star Jay Privman chat and interact with people who know much less about handicapping and horse racing than he does?Nobody knows more about handicapping and race watching than SRU...do you hold court on Twitter SRU?

I have yet to follow one person on Twitter...but I would break my cherry with you...

Stillriledup
08-19-2013, 05:23 AM
Nobody knows more about handicapping and race watching than SRU...do you hold court on Twitter SRU?

I have yet to follow one person on Twitter...but I would break my cherry with you...

I'm a much better race watcher than a handicapper, i'll put my video notebook up against anyone in the game. I follow twitter and try and gain insights from people "on the ground" such as Andy, Maggie and others, but as far as me "tweeting" i don't know if that's going to happen anytime soon.

jballscalls
08-19-2013, 10:39 AM
twitter is as much about getting news quickly as it is about interaction. And when it comes to news people, even like actual news people, I notice they don't interact as much as they just report the news. Which I think is fine.

Also, twitter is a super negative place, so not interacting helps you avoid that aspect of it.

ManU918
08-19-2013, 10:42 AM
I'm surprised people on this board use Twitter. Considering that the avg age on PA is like 92.

DJofSD
08-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Twitter is not any different than any other part of the human experience.

It is neither good or bad.

I have numerous people and institutions I follow on it. A vast majority of the time my experiences of been positive. People that post to their own account, as opposed to the institutes which use Twitter as a marketing tool, do respond to messages.

If the people from the DRF are not responding or interacting, they're likely on Twitter because they were told to use it. Given a choice, I would guess they'd fall into that 92 year old demographic and ignore it.

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2013, 01:56 AM
I'm surprised people on this board use Twitter. Considering that the avg age on PA is like 92.How can that be? I thought old fockers were afraid of the interwebs?