PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 Debut 8/17

kingfin66
08-17-2013, 02:41 AM
Many of you may already know this, but some may not. On August 17th, Fox will debut their two new sports channels, Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2. I believe that Fox has been able to work out deals with all of the major cable distributors in advance of the debut.

FS 1 replaces the Speed Network, while FS 2 replaces Fuel TV.

Fox Sports 1 is kicking off the network with pretty much all day coverage of the UFC, including UFC Fight Night which features a full live card of MMA fights.

Normally, I would be thrilled with events such as these. I just happen to love MMA and was looking forward to watching the fights tomorrow night. That is until I learned that I do not currently get Speed Network with my current Dish package. I am assuming that this means that I will not get FS 1. As much as a bummer as this is, I do not plan to upgrade my plan to get the new channel as I believe that I already pay way too much for cable.

The good news is that I still get Fuel which carries a lot of UFC programming.

JustRalph
08-17-2013, 03:11 AM
ESPN charges cable providers over 4 bucks a subscriber.

Speed Channel gets .25 a subscriber. A lousy quarter.

In the new contracts for FoxSports1 and 2 they have verbal agreements to get $1 a subscriber from the Cable and sat companies. You can see why Speed is going away..........

Nascar ticket sales are down 45% Speed was basically the Nascar channel.

Nascar has ruined the sport..........and if it wasn't for their television contracts they would be in trouble. Another reason Speed channel's viewership is down 35% over the last 2 yrs.

Adios Speed........!!

Longshot6977
08-20-2013, 05:33 PM
I posted this in Off Topic -General a few minutes ago forgetting we had Off Topic for Sports-

RIP to Speed Channel! As of Aug 17, it has now become the crappiest, unneeded and worthless channel--Fox Sports 1. Like we don't have enough of this already on so many other channels. No more motorsports channel in the USA like we had in the past 18 years. Now we have little league baseball, european soccer and mexican soccer, UFC and sports talk shows. No more jetboats, monster trucks, Pass time, Gearz, Two Guys garage, Classic Cars etc etc. Huge disppointment in Fox to drop the only popular motorsports channel in the USA-- Speed Channel. RIP.:( :(

DJofSD
08-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Fox Soccer Channel/Plus officially sux - now that NBC has the Barclays Premier League.

PhantomOnTour
08-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Fox Soccer Channel/Plus officially sux - now that NBC has the Barclays Premier League.
No kidding - they have nothing to show but replays of UEFA and Champions League from last season.
I wonder why they didn't pick up another league

JustRalph
08-21-2013, 05:30 AM
Lots of things changing in next 24 months

Rumors that Google will buy the NFL game package that Direct Tv sells now. You would then be able to subscribe to it on Youtube and watch any game, on any device you want.

Possible for 2014 season

ManU918
08-21-2013, 06:54 AM
The Phillies tv contract ends soon and supposedly Fox Sports is going to make a run at it. I think the number is going to be around 8 billion.

redshift1
08-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Fox has the U.S. Open (golf) for 12 years.

10 horse racing telecasts per year.

I will miss Pass Time but it went out of production two years ago.

At least Fox didn't get the HRTV and TVG spots.

woodbinepmi
08-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Fox soccer should sign a deal with the serie a

DJofSD
08-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Fox soccer should sign a deal with the serie a
And/or la leaguia (the Spanish league).