PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR FRI. 8/16 (Really!)

MeSlew
08-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Hello All! For Friday 8/16, here are the tracks and races on Slew's mind:
Monmouth - 8,9
Woodbine - 2,3,4,7,8,9
Calder - 4
Arlington - 6
Del Mar - 2,4,5,6,7
Saratoga - 1,3,4,5,8,10

OK, so the word for the day is horsetrading. This is a noun and can be found in the free online dictionary as follows:

horse-trad·ing (hôrstrdng)
n.
Negotiation characterized by hard bargaining and shrewd exchange

I propose a second definition as follows:

horse-trad·er (hôrstradr)
n.
An owner/trainer that cross enters a horse in a 100K claimer AND the 600K Grade I Sword Dancer, runs in the claimer and sells the horse for 100K while it runs dead last as the co-favorite.

Now I don't know what the rules are, but how great would it be if Eric Guillot and Southern Equine Stable took a page from Gasper's book, changed Teak's North shoes, then ran him in the Sword Dancer.

And won.

I'd give up a month of profits just to see that.

For Friday, we do have a Key Horse running:

Flower Mart - MP ( 9) GP 01/10/13 # 6

Now I checked...and this son of Street Sense is NOT for sale. Last seen running behind Assateague at Belmont on 6/26 in an AlwOC, he gets a little relief as Christophe Clement takes him off the NYRA circuit and moves him over to Monmouth Park for this contest. And just so you know, Assateague was the key to that beautiful $400 pick 3 as the winner of the De La Rose Stakes when Cross Traffic took the Whitney and made yours truly horse for a week.

It seems I was yelling "just a few more yards...just a few more yards..." as Cross Traffic crossed the Spa finish line ahead of the rest of the field. Only problem was...I was yelling it from about the top of the stretch. Just a little distance perception problem. Nothing serious.

But getting back to Flower Mart, I would check the PP's carefully and see if this one has moved forward. He is the 2nd favorite on the ML at 7/2.

Enjoy the Friday racing...good luck and good 'capping!