PDA

View Full Version : ACLU

sq764
03-03-2004, 09:48 AM
(Can't get the picture to work right, but you get the 'picture')..

One Nation Under God

ACLU Upset At Marines

If you look closely at the picture above, you will note that all the Marines pictured are bowing their heads. That's because they're praying.

The incident took place at a recent ceremony honoring the birthday of the corps, and it has the ACLU up in arms. "These are federal employees," says Lucius Traveler, a spokesman for the ACLU, "on federal property and on federal time. For them to pray is clearly an establishment of religion, and we must nip this in the bud immediately."

When asked about the ACLU's charges, Colonel Jack Fessender, speaking for the Commandant of the Corps said (cleaned up a bit), "Screw the ACLU."

ljb
03-03-2004, 11:55 AM
From sq764's post
When asked about the ACLU's charges, Colonel Jack Fessender, speaking for the Commandant of the Corps said (cleaned up a bit), "Screw the ACLU."

And from what prayer to God does this quote come from?
Just curious.

sq764
03-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Not sure.. But it doesn't matter to me.

It's absurd for the ACLU to react like that.
\

JustRalph
03-03-2004, 12:54 PM
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/a/aclu-marines.htm

sq764
03-03-2004, 01:14 PM
I still hate the ACLU :-)

JustRalph
03-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by sq764
I still hate the ACLU :-)

every once in a while they stumble into a noble cause. But for the most part......I am not for their meddling.....

Secretariat
03-03-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
every once in a while they stumble into a noble cause. But for the most part......I am not for their meddling.....

The noble time was when the ACLU supported Limbaugh in favor of Rush's drug problem.

kenwoodallpromos
03-04-2004, 01:41 AM
Psalms 5 in part- "Their throats are like open graves- their tongues sublte lies". Also Psalms 33: 10- The Lord bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought".