PDA

View Full Version : Fezzik's NFL challenge

Valuist
08-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Steve Fezzik, one of the more famous sports handicappers in Vegas, has decided to bet ANYBODY at even money, from $10k to $100k, that they cannot beat his 57% ATS record the two years he won the big contest at the Hilton.

http://pregame.com/pregame-forums/f/9/t/659002.aspx

So far, nobody has taken him up on it.

BetHorses!
08-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Oh this is silly. If he wants to bet 10K to 100K to go heads up this season that's a different story. But he would never

Smart Marketing man tho!

Valuist
08-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Oh this is silly. If he wants to bet 10K to 100K to go heads up this season that's a different story. But he would never

Smart Marketing man tho!

I think the whole point of it was to expose the fraudulent scam artists who claim they hit 65% for a full season. Nobody realistically will take even money to top the 57% (minimum 4 picks per week) over the course of a 17 week season. Not that it can't be done....but not worth it to take even money on that.

BetHorses!
08-19-2013, 10:41 AM
I think the whole point of it was to expose the fraudulent scam artists who claim they hit 65% for a full season. Nobody realistically will take even money to top the 57% (minimum 4 picks per week) over the course of a 17 week season. Not that it can't be done....but not worth it to take even money on that.

True. I love how everyone hits 65% and willing to "sell" their winning ways. But most of these guys spin any good contest run into mass marketing blitzes to gather the sheep

He is a good contest guy no doubt. He knows contest strategy but I believe he won it twice which is quite an accomplishment but never a top 20 finish any other year which also says alot..

Stillriledup
08-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Steve Fezzik, one of the more famous sports handicappers in Vegas, has decided to bet ANYBODY at even money, from $10k to $100k, that they cannot beat his 57% ATS record the two years he won the big contest at the Hilton.

http://pregame.com/pregame-forums/f/9/t/659002.aspx

So far, nobody has taken him up on it.

Why would someone bet at even money on something that's hard to do?

Valuist
08-19-2013, 03:31 PM
True. I love how everyone hits 65% and willing to "sell" their winning ways. But most of these guys spin any good contest run into mass marketing blitzes to gather the sheep

He is a good contest guy no doubt. He knows contest strategy but I believe he won it twice which is quite an accomplishment but never a top 20 finish any other year which also says alot..

I could see that in tourneys. Just like in the horse race handicapping tourneys. There are a few guys that win a number, then other times they get blanked.
He was talking about that the other day. If you are behind by xx number of games, you have to start to look for plays that few will be on to try to make up ground. Sometimes that fails miserably. But it did work out twice.

Valuist
08-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Why would someone bet at even money on something that's hard to do?

If the scam artists were actually hitting 65-68% like they claim, they should welcome even money to break 57%.

PhantomOnTour
08-19-2013, 03:34 PM
A few of us should post a min of 4 picks per week here and see if anyone can top 57% wins

Stillriledup
08-19-2013, 03:58 PM
If the scam artists were actually hitting 65-68% like they claim, they should welcome even money to break 57%.

All true, scamdicappers don't actully bet, they just sell picks to gullible people, that's how they make their money.

Stillriledup
08-19-2013, 03:59 PM
A few of us should post a min of 4 picks per week here and see if anyone can top 57% wins

If enough of us do it, someone will hit 57%. This is talked about in the book "fooled by randomness".

ManU918
08-19-2013, 04:14 PM

In the contest you have to play 5 games...

Valuist
08-20-2013, 01:20 PM

We've been posting NFL picks for the past few years on this forum.

BetHorses!
08-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Think Val was over 57% one yr w many plays...jeez we've been posting like 10 yrs....the days go slow but the years fly by

Valuist
08-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Think Val was over 57% one yr w many plays...jeez we've been posting like 10 yrs....the days go slow but the years fly by

Yes they do. Can't wait for week 1. Already have some opinions on the opening week.

BetHorses!
08-21-2013, 07:31 AM
Yes they do. Can't wait for week 1. Already have some opinions on the opening week.

Can't wait. This year I will bet more when we agree and pull back when we are heads up...

Don't recall too many losing seasons here from you :ThmbUp:

Valuist
08-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Can't wait. This year I will bet more when we agree and pull back when we are heads up...

Don't recall too many losing seasons here from you :ThmbUp:

I've done ok. I don't bet any college. 32 teams isn't tough to follow when they play only one game a week. My results started improving around 10 years ago when I started keeping game logs for each team. You can really see when a team is on the upswing or downswing. Most just look at season to date stats and they don't tell the whole story.

Valuist
08-30-2013, 02:35 PM
This link is pretty funny, at least the opening where Fezzik is talking about the infamous competitive eater, Joey Chestnut, going down to defeat at odds of 1-15. Like they say about competitive eating, "its feast or famine".

http://pregame.com/tv/?o=5&v=5ChBIjFk2zo&s=1