PDA

View Full Version : Beer Is Good

burnsy
08-13-2013, 07:04 AM
I decided its not redboarding if you brag that you bet a horse named Beer Is Good.......The weather has been good, the racing has been good, in August, life is good. As i opened my fifth or sixth Heineken yesterday............Beer Is Good was very, very good to me........"Damn, that beer was good." Why do i love the racetrack? :) The call was even better, "Beer Is Gooooood"

iceknight
08-13-2013, 12:39 PM
I decided its not redboarding if you brag that you bet a horse named Beer Is Good.......The weather has been good, the racing has been good, in August, life is good. As i opened my fifth or sixth Heineken yesterday............Beer Is Good was very, very good to me........"Damn, that beer was good." Why do i love the racetrack? :) The call was even better, "Beer Is Gooooood"yeah, but next time.. try TEQUILAVILLE.. (hope that one wins :) )

Stillriledup
08-13-2013, 06:04 PM
the point is, ladies and gentleman, that beer -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Beer is right.

Beer works.

Beer clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Beer, in all of its forms -- Beer for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

And Beer -- you mark my words -- will not only save Horse race gamblers the pain of bad beats and unjust DQs, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the horse racing industry.

Thank you.

Grits
08-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Beer, for the most part, sucks, unless one is eating steamed shrimp, or pizza, and with pizza its still iffy. People drink it because its cheap.

misscashalot
08-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Beer, for the most part, sucks, unless one is eating steamed shrimp, or pizza, and with pizza its still iffy. People drink it because its cheap.

Hi Grits

Beer, many times, is the mcguffin of friendships. champagne wouldn't due.
cheap perhaps, but valuable.

ManU918
08-13-2013, 08:56 PM

You can say any drink is cheap couldn't you? For example... I can say wine is cheap because in some cases it is but I know there are also mid-priced wines and expensive wines. Same with beer... It all depends on what beer you drink.

CincyHorseplayer
08-13-2013, 09:03 PM

I take it you're not from or don't know many German people.It's part of the DNA!!Beer IS good!

thespaah
08-13-2013, 10:49 PM
the point is, ladies and gentleman, that beer -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Beer is right.

Beer works.

Beer clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Beer, in all of its forms -- Beer for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

And Beer -- you mark my words -- will not only save Horse race gamblers the pain of bad beats and unjust DQs, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the horse racing industry.

Thank you.
No problem G G...

HUSKER55
08-13-2013, 10:52 PM
BOURBON MAN MYSELF

thespaah
08-13-2013, 10:52 PM
Ahh yes..The response from the upper crust. Here to tell us members of the great unwashed masses how things are. Ok. I get it.
Wow.. Such vitriol....
Ya know, my parents brought me up to do two things. Unless asked, keep my opinions to myself. And if I don't have anything good to say, skip it.
As I grow older, my parents get much smarter.

cj's dad
08-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Beer is excellent with Maryland steamed crabs. and most other seafood.

thespaah
08-13-2013, 11:17 PM
I am partial to steamed shrimp....Lots of steamed or boiled shrimp with BEER...

speed
08-13-2013, 11:23 PM
A 100 bottles of beer on the wall a 100 bottles of beer
If one of those bottles should happen to fall
99 bottles of beer on the wall

iceknight
08-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Beer, for the most part, sucks, unless one is eating steamed shrimp, or pizza, and with pizza its still iffy. People drink it because its cheap. beer is perfectly fine. no one's forcing you to drink to it. To each their own.

PaceAdvantage
08-13-2013, 11:26 PM
Hey Grits, bring some of the "good stuff" to the tent this weekend, will ya? :lol:

Robert Fischer
08-13-2013, 11:57 PM

I have to agree. :ThmbUp:

Some of the best seafood in the world, and beer is not only a solid compliment to the old bay, but picking crabs is a social activity as well.

precocity
08-14-2013, 09:54 AM
wine and fruity mixed drinks suck to me? playing the ponies on sat bud light or sipping the crown for me. :cool:

Grits
08-14-2013, 10:15 AM
beer is perfectly fine. no one's forcing you to drink to it. To each their own.

I don't care what you drink... could care less. I'm not buying.

Grits
08-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Hi Grits

Beer, many times, is the mcguffin of friendships. champagne wouldn't due.
cheap perhaps, but valuable.

MCL, I could count on five fingers the bottles of champagne I've had to drink. Strictly wedding stuff.

Grits
08-14-2013, 10:19 AM
You can say any drink is cheap couldn't you? For example... I can say wine is cheap because in some cases it is but I know there are also mid-priced wines and expensive wines. Same with beer... It all depends on what beer you drink.

Again, I don't care what you drink. I'm not buying your beverage. I rarely drink beer, I don't care for it -- Pretty straightforward.

Grits
08-14-2013, 10:20 AM
I take it you're not from or don't know many German people.It's part of the DNA!!Beer IS good!

No, I'm not. And I don't.

Grits
08-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Ahh yes..The response from the upper crust. Here to tell us members of the great unwashed masses how things are. Ok. I get it.
Wow.. Such vitriol....
Ya know, my parents brought me up to do two things. Unless asked, keep my opinions to myself. And if I don't have anything good to say, skip it.
As I grow older, my parents get much smarter.

And at what particular point in time during your childhood was it that your parents learned their child was deaf?
The only "wow, such vitriol" in this thread is your own..

Mike at A+
08-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Beer is good. And FREE at Saratoga Brewery Tasting Room at 131 Excelsior Ave Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. Many local restaurants will also deliver food there for you to consume while drinking the free beer. And the tastes are quite generous.

iceknight
08-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Beer is good. And FREE at Saratoga Brewery Tasting Room at 131 Excelsior Ave Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. Many local restaurants will also deliver food there for you to consume while drinking the free beer. And the tastes are quite generous. Nice tip! Hopefully when I make it toga one day I will remember this pointer!

KingChas
08-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Guess beer just tastes better to men.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100628&page=4&pp=15&highlight=humor

Couldn't resist................. :lol:

RunForTheRoses
08-14-2013, 04:04 PM
People drink it because its cheap.

Might depend on what beer and/or your definition of cheap:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/12/12/166987378/a-sign-from-above-needing-new-roof-monks-sell-rare-beer-in-u-s

http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/russian-rivers-pliny-the-elder.1290/

thespaah
08-14-2013, 04:08 PM
And at what particular point in time during your childhood was it that your parents learned their child was deaf?
The only "wow, such vitriol" in this thread is your own..
Each is entitled to their own opinion. You don't care for beer.
It is your reference to 'cheap' which sticks in my craw.
It's as if you look down upon those that enjoy a 'suds'..
Including many on here.
That will be all.

Hoofless_Wonder
08-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Life without beer would hardly be worth living....but....

Beer is bad.....for gout.

Beer is bad for getting "beer goggles", a potentially dangerous condition, especially near closing time.

thespaah
08-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Life without beer would hardly be worth living....but....

Beer is bad.....for gout.

Beer is bad for getting "beer goggles", a potentially dangerous condition, especially near closing time.
I have seen many instances of the resulting effect of beer goggles...
It can be embarrassing.
Imagine getting up right after paying your tab near closing time and in your field of vision is a guy who has gone to the "end of the bench" and is in a lip lock.
UGH!!! Scenes like that reminded me to temper my intake of adult beverages.
Anyway...Cool name for a horse. Great call by Durkin.

Valuist
08-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Sugary pop is bad; diet pop is bad. Guess one will have to drink more beer.

PhantomOnTour
08-15-2013, 01:56 PM
...but wine is better.
Wine gives you the "non fighting" buzz that seems so prevalent when folks drink beer or brown liquors (bourbon, tequila, rum, scotch).
Never got wasted on wine and thought some dude was giving me the stank eye from across the bar :D

Don't do much champagne, but Krug is the world's best imo....not cheap though...bout $200 a bottle. Armand de Brignac "Ace of Spades" is very good also...comes in the solid silver bottle.

If i'm drinking beer it's gonna be Heineken and nothing else.

Stillriledup
08-15-2013, 02:48 PM
No problem G G...

Piece of cake GG. :ThmbUp:

iceknight
08-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Today Race 10

Don't forget :9: Beer Garden, :4: Just Sayin and

:5: Otto the Great.. which is a slim connection to:

Otto's Brewery.. a Pennsylvania microbrew..
(locator) http://ottospubandbrewery.com/beer-list/store-locator/