PDA

View Full Version : Bob Baedeker joins HRTV

redshift1
08-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Bob Baedeker joins Michelle Yu and Christiana Olivares Blacker as former TVG personalties now on HRTV. Nice to see him back on TV.

Stillriledup
08-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Mr B! :ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
08-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Maybe they will finally dump Peter Lurie...dude is unbearable with his lame attempts at humor.

Stillriledup
08-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Maybe they will finally dump Peter Lurie...dude is unbearable with his lame attempts at humor.

The most painful thing is someone who's not funny trying his or her hardest to BE funny.

ronsmac
08-12-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm sure Mr. B is an awesome guy, but when he was on TVG, he literally could have you falling asleep in 3 minutes flat.

Zydeco
08-12-2013, 05:13 PM
I posted about Mr. B being on HRTV on Friday in another thread around 5 PM when he first came on. I went and fixed me a drink and when I came back HRTV was showing some repeat programming. I was like what happened? I swear I saw Mr. B. looked at my post.....it was there. Then I read the next day that the signal had gone out. lol....Mr.B was only on 5 minutes in his HRTV debut!

lamboguy
08-12-2013, 05:31 PM
i like TVG the way it is, i am used to it already. they have done a good job promoting racing now for almost 15 years, i would hate to see how much worse this game would have been without TVG. the people that went to HRTV all fit in well there and i wish them the best, but TVG is still the Hertz of this industry no matter who they produce on HRTV

wiffleball whizz
08-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Bob bedekar is the perfect cure for sleeping pill addiction.....I gotta take them to fall asleep but watching him will do the job

Wish he was on at midnight.....

Is bob b that much of a draw he can go next door too hrtv?

redshift1
08-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Bob bedekar is the perfect cure for sleeping pill addiction.....I gotta take them to fall asleep but watching him will do the job

Wish he was on at midnight.....

Is bob b that much of a draw he can go next door too hrtv?

Probably help for vacations and Monday's with the regulars off.

Marshall Bennett
08-12-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm sure Mr. B is an awesome guy, but when he was on TVG, he literally could have you falling asleep in 3 minutes flat.
I always said that's why they teamed him up with Greg Wolf so often. Greg could keep the dead awake.

thespaah
08-12-2013, 08:11 PM
The most painful thing is someone who's not funny trying his or her hardest to BE funny.
Like Todd Schrupp?

Speed Figure
08-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Let the chalk fest begin!

affirmedny
08-12-2013, 09:02 PM
I prefer Lurie to Baedeker

PhantomOnTour
08-12-2013, 09:08 PM
They should put Lurie, Baedeker and Jon White on together...

the Dream Team :rolleyes:

JustRalph
08-12-2013, 10:45 PM
They should put Lurie, Baedeker and Jon White on together...

the Dream Team :rolleyes:

Don't forget Shemp......

duncan04
08-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Probably help for vacations and Monday's with the regulars off.

When did HRTV have any on air analysts on Mondays? Whenever I tune in on a Monday its always crappy music

BombsAway Bob
08-13-2013, 12:47 AM
Bob Baedeker joins Michelle Yu and Christiana Olivares Blacker as former TVG personalties now on HRTV. Nice to see him back on TV.

Mr.B was chosen to read a letter i wrote for
"My Favorite Race", a year-end TVG Special
from 2006.
(OF Course, Graphics posted me as Bob Brant!)
http://youtu.be/yV8bC017ye0

yV8bC017ye0

redshift1
08-13-2013, 01:38 AM
When did HRTV have any on air analysts on Mondays? Whenever I tune in on a Monday its always crappy music

Saratoga.

PoloUK6108
08-13-2013, 01:56 AM
How hard would it be to get a job with either TVG or HRTV? They need more Michelle Yu's, Ginos, and Calebs..hey im 22, have some college but no degree..like to think I'm at least funnier than Peter Lurie or that one annoying lady who also thinks she's funny and Lurie always cute her off :D

v j stauffer
08-13-2013, 02:14 AM
It's not so much ones knowledge of racing. Lot's of people have that with interesting anecdotes and takes.

It's the skill it takes to do several hours of live television. Those who are very good at that make it look easy.

It's not.

PoloUK6108
08-13-2013, 02:25 AM
Very true. Good point Vic, don't have to have any experience to know that, seems like common sense.

usedtolovetvg
08-13-2013, 09:48 AM
It's the skill it takes to do several hours of live television. Those who are very good at that make it look easy.

It's not.

and the dear departed tony allevato made sure that the none of the on-air talent had any of those qualities. surprisingly, tvg has done nothing to improve in that area while their market share plummets. Burn seems to be putting all his eggs in the exchange wagering basket that is doomed for failure.

Grits
08-13-2013, 09:59 AM
It's not so much ones knowledge of racing. Lot's of people have that with interesting anecdotes and takes.

It's not.

Vic, please, don't use such common sense. Its wasted on "anonymous pixels" capable of hacking up a toddler.

BlueShoe
08-13-2013, 03:39 PM
If, after watching him, you still have trouble dozing off, instead of counting sheep, count the number of times he says "You know." That should send you off to slumberland in good order. ;) :)

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2013, 01:09 AM
surprisingly, tvg has done nothing to improve in that area while their market share plummets.What is their market share?

usedtolovetvg
08-14-2013, 08:06 AM
What is their market share?

Handle increases slowing dramatically for TVG as compared to TS & XB over the last year.

http://www.oregon.gov/Racing/docs/Hub_Data/2013_quarterly_hub_handle_report.pdf

cj
08-14-2013, 08:21 AM
Handle increases slowing dramatically for TVG as compared to TS & XB over the last year.

http://www.oregon.gov/Racing/docs/Hub_Data/2013_quarterly_hub_handle_report.pdf

Yes, but still increasing, which can't be all bad, right? I mean handle in the country had been decreasing for five consecutive years before a slight upturn last year, yet TVG is showing an increase each year you posted.

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2013, 08:31 AM

http://www.oregon.gov/Racing/docs/Hub_Data/2013_quarterly_hub_handle_report.pdfAnd this equates to market share "plummeting?"

usedtolovetvg
08-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Right, but there are two issues here. Publicly traded companies must outperform their peers and TVG is clearly slowing. Most importantly, the massive growth that these online companies have been showing, and it is slowing now, is mostly cannibalization of the fans. This I wanted to point out to Craig. I think he is up against it in his efforts to bring fans back to the track.

usedtolovetvg
08-14-2013, 08:34 AM
And this equates to market share "plummeting?"

As any stock analyst will tell you when your peers are showing massive growth and your's is growing at less than half the rate of your competition, yes, that is market share plummeting.

wiffleball whizz
08-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Would love to put up 5k against mr b in a 20 race contest......guy couldn't pick winners if he had tomorrow's news paper....

Rich p is the best "on air" personality.....the best player from tvg is that guy who moderates around here forgot his name though

thaskalos
08-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Would love to put up 5k against mr b in a 20 race contest......guy couldn't pick winners if he had tomorrow's news paper....

Rich p is the best "on air" personality.....the best player from tvg is that guy who moderates around here forgot his name though

You wouldn't say that if you knew how many pick-6s he has won. :)