PDA

View Full Version : Show Prices from 4StarDave

infrontby1
08-10-2013, 11:08 PM
It's pretty obvious that the winner would be pay $2.10 for show. But what about the 2nd and 3rd choices? Shouldn't they have paid $2.10 as well? After the track takeout, if you add up the money bet on those three horses, there's nothing left to give back to the bettors

(Remember the old days of the minus show pool, something the tracks dreaded and would even cancel the wager all together when they sensed this scenario would take place?)

Is there a new way of how show prices are calculated nowadays?

cj
08-10-2013, 11:21 PM
It's pretty obvious that the winner would be pay $2.10 for show. But what about the 2nd and 3rd choices? Shouldn't they have paid $2.10 as well? After the track takeout, if you add up the money bet on those three horses, there's nothing left to give back to the bettors

(Remember the old days of the minus show pool, something the tracks dreaded and would even cancel the wager all together when they sensed this scenario would take place?)

Is there a new way of how show prices are calculated nowadays?

Net pool pricing. Tough to explain in detail, but there is some info available if you search around the net.

Some_One
08-10-2013, 11:56 PM
The host who accepts the bridgejumper covers the minus pool so that the other payoffs aren't affected, or something like that. Mark Cramer found that out when his ADW threaten to shut him out after making a bridgejump a couple of years ago.

JustRalph
08-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Net pool pricing. Tough to explain in detail, but there is some info available if you search around the net.

good luck. I get it. But any newby is going to have to read the info more than once.........that's for sure.

when people say the game is too complicated, remember this.........net pool pricing.........

cj
08-11-2013, 12:06 AM
The host who accepts the bridgejumper covers the minus pool so that the other payoffs aren't affected, or something like that. Mark Cramer found that out when his ADW threaten to shut him out after making a bridgejump a couple of years ago.

It really doesn't have anything to do with bridgejumping bets though. The inflated prices on other runners in those races is a side effect.

wiffleball whizz
08-11-2013, 12:25 AM
It really doesn't have anything to do with bridgejumping bets though. The inflated prices on other runners in those races is a side effect.

Nearly impossible to explain.......I see somebody around here took the easy layup with wise Dan in the deltoga challenge......as did I HAHAHAHAHAHA and it was a layup

cj
08-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Nearly impossible to explain.......I see somebody around here took the easy layup with wise Dan in the deltoga challenge......as did I HAHAHAHAHAHA and it was a layup

Yeah, but my others weren't too shabby.

wiffleball whizz
08-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Yeah, but my others weren't too shabby.

In my opinion that was a great race to "take a race off the board" in order to make the 15 plays......and it's almost a 2.0 roi race...but I can be way off with that statement

davew
08-11-2013, 12:32 AM
It also allows easier Canadian/USA cross betting with different dollar exchanges.

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/faq/

You used to be able to calculate the place and show pay-offs, no you can not unless you know where every dollar was bet.

As a bonus, betting against bridgejumpers is more palatable, as if your horse shows with the bridgejump, frequently you still get over $3.00

wiffleball whizz
08-11-2013, 12:45 AM
It also allows easier Canadian/USA cross betting with different dollar exchanges.

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/faq/

You used to be able to calculate the place and show pay-offs, no you can not unless you know where every dollar was bet.

As a bonus, betting against bridgejumpers is more palatable, as if your horse shows with the bridgejump, frequently you still get over $3.00

Also when the bridge jumpers are otb people often ask "where did the money go".......for a million dollars I couldn't explain net pool pricing