PDA

View Full Version : Toga Race 1 - the 7 horse

Tom
08-10-2013, 01:02 PM
What is there in the POPS that would account for this 6 yo suddenly running a huge figure? Was he just gelded, have some surgery during his long layoff?
Seems like a big jump for a 6 year old who was not all that good last year.

proximity
08-10-2013, 01:11 PM
idk, but he was well spotted in that race.

unfortunately, outside of ww's dreaded fairmount park, my only winner of the week. hopefully tonight brings more because my win betting has been pathetic. :mad:

nijinski
08-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Nice bullet a month after his last race . Looks like he's thriving at Toga .
One of the elders amongst three year olds helps .

Tom
08-10-2013, 04:33 PM
I was looking at why his last number was so big?
It wasn't he waters.

Ocala Mike
08-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Obviously something went wrong with the horse in the October race at Belmont, in which he got bumped hard. I'm no good at it, but I guess those who can evaluate layoffs (see the other thread on this) can make scores.

Tom
08-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Before the layoff, he was not close to the new horse...that is what I am wondering about. Why does a 6yo suddenly explode like this after a long layoff?

Hoofless_Wonder
08-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Unusual horse. Debuts going a route at 5 years of age, and wins his first two outs vs. NY Breds easily and shows some promise. Then begins to struggle, and throws a clunker after a two month layoff on an off track.

Comes back this year with another strong start, now sprinting and going up against open company his last two race, and holding his form now for three races.

If you give him credit for maturing a bit and higher figures for sprinting, he's not not quite the extreme outlier he seems at first glance. But, he's still unusual.

His connections must be cackling. He keeps this up, next year he'll romp in the Breeder's Cup Dirt Mile....